I did a clean wipe of my storm, successfully installed .90, but now I can't restore my data. I keep getting the error "There was a communication error between the device and the Desktop Manager". Does anyone know what to do in this case?
    01-22-09 09:35 PM
    Does anyone have any problems accessing YOUTUBE since you upgraded ?

I cant play anything by using the mobile app or using the mobile website. I can search, but not play.

When it goes into media player it says "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive"
    I have no problems playing a youtube file which I access from m.youtube.com, and will even play full screen. My only issue with it is the picture quality is atrocious.
    01-22-09 09:40 PM
    Posted before but here you go again.. I think a space got entered by mistake

Replace ** with tt

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/187652866/9500_omadrmAllLang_PBr4.7.0_rel128_PL4.0.0.114_A4. 7.0.90.exe

how do i get a working download link for 9500 4.7.0.90
    Last edited by aniketvu; 01-22-09 at 10:45 PM.
    01-22-09 10:41 PM
    the rapidshare link does not work
    01-22-09 10:45 PM
    Dont know why but the forum insists on adding a space after the A4. part towards the end. Just remove that and the link will work

the rapidshare link does not work
    01-22-09 11:03 PM
    hmm. I found a bug. if my phone rings in the holster and I take it out and press the answer button, not the screen one, it won't answer. Have to press it twice before it'll answer. sucks.
    01-23-09 12:31 AM
    i am actually using the .83 now and starting to have issues like when im watching media, if the messanger rings, it'll just freeze. adnd i'll have to a battery pull. thing is hoping to do a upgrade but man all this issues about .90 ....should i have a go still?
    sorry im a newbie
    01-23-09 01:01 AM
    hmm... another weird thing is call awaiting now doesn't beep as often as it should.
    01-23-09 01:15 AM
    I have decided to wipe it and give it another go seeing as so many are not having problems.

I will report back
    Installed .90 again. I cannot even get past the boot cycle problem now.

It is deffo back to .85 for me.
    01-23-09 01:42 AM
    I just put .90 on my storm but when i go to send a text message all i get is that the text message is pending and the person never gets the message.. HELP what do I do.
    01-23-09 03:00 AM
    I just put .90 on my storm but when i go to send a text message all i get is that the text message is pending and the person never gets the message.. HELP what do I do.
    Roll-back to an alder version!

.90 has far too many bugs in it
    01-23-09 03:05 AM
    Roll-back to an alder version!

.90 has far too many bugs in it
    i am a newbie.. how do i roll back and to what version
    01-23-09 03:07 AM
    Well I did a clean wipe before installing .90 and everything is working fine for me (ok there are 1 or 2 bugs) but its much better then anything else before, maybe you guys should do a clean wipe 1st ?
    01-23-09 03:09 AM
    Well I did a clean wipe before installing .90 and everything is working fine for me (ok there are 1 or 2 bugs) but its much better then anything else before, maybe you guys should do a clean wipe 1st ?

how would i do that
    01-23-09 03:10 AM

Did you try resending your Service Books to yourself?
    01-23-09 03:14 AM
    Did you try resending your Service Books to yourself?
    how would i do that to.. i completely new at this
    01-23-09 03:19 AM
    Have to say that I absolutely love this version. Havent had a single issue with it at all. Its resolved laggy, jumpy scrolling problem on the home screen, media player volume issues, camera lag and slow browsing.

I have noticed that people who wipe their phones before the install tend to have better luck with it. Its an extremely quick process so it is worth doing just for peace of mind if nothing else.
    01-23-09 03:28 AM
    Have to say that I absolutely love this version. Havent had a single issue with it at all. Its resolved laggy, jumpy scrolling problem on the home screen, media player volume issues, camera lag and slow browsing.

I have noticed that people who wipe their phones before the install tend to have better luck with it. Its an extremely quick process so it is worth doing just for peace of mind if nothing else.

Is there anyway i could have to steps on how to wipe my phone clean (would i lose all of my contacts and such?) and then reinstall the os or if this doesnt not work how to roll back my phone to a earlier verison
    01-23-09 03:31 AM
    Ok I have tried to install.90 starting from various previous versions and fails every time, just get the pwercycle loop and error message.

So going to stop installing .90 now.

Anybody got an idea why the install seems to fail for some of us and not others?
    01-23-09 03:34 AM
    I had that after upgrading, even after a battery pull, the way i fixed it was to go into "manage connections" & untick the mobile network box so network says off in top right corner, give it 10 seconds & then click box again, BB will then search for your network again, SMS should then work......well mine did.

Thats the only item i've come across, everything else is working perfectly, phone, camera, movies, music all ok.

The inclusion of the full qwerty in portrait is fricking awesome & should have really been in from day one. After a couple of messages i'm rocking with it

Best OS os far
    01-23-09 03:45 AM
    Is there anyway i could have to steps on how to wipe my phone clean (would i lose all of my contacts and such?) and then reinstall the os or if this doesnt not work how to roll back my phone to a earlier verison
    The following link is a complete step by step guide on how to wipe your phone using JL Cmdr - Wipe phone using JL CMDR. Once you do wipe your phone, you will lose all information so its imperative that you do a back up before wiping the phone.

Regarding the installation of a new OS, make sure only one OS is installed on your computer. You can do this by going to contral panel>add/remove software and check under blackberry to see which one you have installed.

If you have more than one, you will need to delete the one you dont want and keep the one you do.
    01-23-09 03:50 AM
    hey it worked thanks a bunch
    01-23-09 03:50 AM
    Ok I have tried to install.90 starting from various previous versions and fails every time, just get the pwercycle loop and error message.

So going to stop installing .90 now.

Anybody got an idea why the install seems to fail for some of us and not others?
    Ive found that people who do a complete wipe are more successful. Might be worth while givving that a go.
    01-23-09 03:51 AM
    had this for 24hrs now had to do 1 battery pull phone seems quicker then ever media player better then ever haven't tried camera battery life seems better then all os so far
    01-23-09 03:55 AM
    Do you do a complete wipe using CrackMem and have only .90 on your PC?

I tried that and it did not pick up i had .90 on my PC.
    01-23-09 03:56 AM
312 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD