My led notifier does not seem to work after the update. is this only me or do others have this issue?
    No, don't have that issue, did you tried a battery pull?
    01-22-09 11:24 AM
    I upgraded with no issues apart from thinking it had frozen at one point... A bit of patience worked wonders

Been playing for a while now and generally seems good, but....

Had two lock ups - one cleared itself after about 3 minutes and one required a battery pull.

Does seem more responsive.

FM1 - yes Suretype still works in portrait.

The landscape keyboard looks bigger, but it is just the font size, not the buttons. Which is a shame because I have big fingers and was looking forward to this bit. The portrait qwerty keyboard is fairly useless to me because the keys are smaller and closer.

Yes, you can FF and FWD music.

Now no bluetooth headset support for video unless I'm missing something

Signal seems better to me (came from .76), but I still have a problem with 3G. Basically can't use anything that uses 3G - does everyone else have this problem?

Erm... thats it for now I think!!!

01-22-09 11:31 AM
    just updated with nor problems from .87

went smooth, only issue was that my browser was gone and i had to follow the steps to restore it (using tmobile)
    01-22-09 11:34 AM
    I installed this leak 6 hours ago. I've still no problems. This firmware is really amazing.

So i uploded ist to uploaded.to

w w w uploaded.to/?id=46f39p
    01-22-09 11:36 AM
    BIG PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!

my suretype is not working on the browser,

when i flip to landscape mode i have a full keyboard

when i flip to portrait mode i still have a full keyboard,

when i press menu and enable sure type i get the key board with 123456789 and 2=abc 3=def 4=ghi......

its very buggy, sometime sure type works but rarely
    01-22-09 11:55 AM
    Im actually a massive fan of suretype in potrait mode. Does anyone here know if its an option to keep it on the .90 OS?
    Yes sure type and multitap are still there
    01-22-09 11:56 AM
    htey are still there but suretype doesnt work on web browser only multi tap

at least for me
    01-22-09 11:58 AM
    Yes:
    Options
    Screen/Keyboard
    Portrait View Keyboard Suretype

Im actually a massive fan of suretype in potrait mode. Does anyone here know if its an option to keep it on the .90 OS?
    01-22-09 11:58 AM
    .90 is running great for me so far, I haven't felt the need to downgrade yet.

it is now finding all my music where as before this was very hit and miss

mine is also working fine.
    I just can't get my keyboard to switch.
    01-22-09 11:59 AM
    Like some others, I can't get .90 installed. It keeps hanging in a boot cycle, no matter how I try to install. Never had this problem before.
    01-22-09 12:18 PM
    Like some others, I can't get .90 installed. It keeps hanging in a boot cycle, no matter how I try to install. Never had this problem before.
    Bet you used Vista to install the OS didn't you.

Roll it back using the Apploader trick using XP.
    01-22-09 12:35 PM
    I am using Vista indeed, but had no problems rolling back to .87. It's just impossible to install .90.
    01-22-09 12:49 PM
    Have had .90 running on my 9500 since this morning. All seems to run pretty well.

Only issue I have found is

SureType not working in Portrait Mode in Browser or in Opera Mini. Get the option to select it from the menu as SureType or Full Keyboard but even after selecting it as SureType only MultiTap works. Weird. Have also set the default Portrait Mode in the Screen/Keyboard options to SureType but made no difference.

Other than this .90 is very good.

Regards

Ian
    01-22-09 12:50 PM
    for those that have .90 installed did you use Vista or XP to do the upgrade?
    01-22-09 12:54 PM
    I used XP.
    01-22-09 01:06 PM
    I've asked in the other thread but I'll post it here too:

Sorry I'm kinda anal about this, but can someone please answer this simple question. Does yours say "SMS" or "SMS and MMS"?

Does everyones sms folder say 'SMS and MMS' or just 'SMS'? After I first installed .90 it just said SMS which I prefer. But after I restored my backup its back to SMS and MMS.
    01-22-09 01:07 PM
    Vista for me!
    01-22-09 01:30 PM
    I've asked in the other thread but I'll post it here too:

Sorry I'm kinda anal about this, but can someone please answer this simple question. Does yours say "SMS" or "SMS and MMS"?

Mine says - SMS and MMS
    01-22-09 01:31 PM
    I have mine unlocked and working on 02 OK.

I am using the standard vodafone background.

Every now and again I see a storm background, I cannot see it in media folder.

Where will I find it?
    01-22-09 01:33 PM
    Does anyone have any problems accessing YOUTUBE since you upgraded ?

I cant play anything by using the mobile app or using the mobile website. I can search, but not play.

When it goes into media player it says "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive"
    Last edited by Ash_786; 01-22-09 at 01:43 PM.
    01-22-09 01:38 PM
    Has there ever been a feature to place a call from a text?
    01-22-09 01:40 PM
    Have had .90 running on my 9500 since this morning. All seems to run pretty well.

Only issue I have found is

SureType not working in Portrait Mode in Browser or in Opera Mini. Get the option to select it from the menu as SureType or Full Keyboard but even after selecting it as SureType only MultiTap works. Weird. Have also set the default Portrait Mode in the Screen/Keyboard options to SureType but made no difference.

Other than this .90 is very good.

Regards

Ian

same here!!!
    01-22-09 01:52 PM
    The storm background is written into the firmware so you won't see it in your media folder. It's been there since day one and there's not much we can do about it. Hopefully RIM will get to it though.
    Last edited by bbcruiser; 01-22-09 at 02:15 PM.
    01-22-09 01:55 PM
    Used Vista and I had no problems.
    01-22-09 02:07 PM
    Does anyone have any problems accessing YOUTUBE since you upgraded ?

I cant play anything by using the mobile app or using the mobile website. I can search, but not play.

When it goes into media player it says "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive"
    My youtube is working fine
    01-22-09 02:10 PM
312 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD