Same idea as the 9530 one, put your pros and cons in here to make life a little easier!
    02-02-09 02:34 PM
    now does it mean, the "4.7.0.100" is already out!! atleast to the chosen ones!! if yes, surely would appreciate any insight from the guys who have it...would keep folks like us yearning for the leak or the official release of it....
    02-02-09 03:10 PM
    now does it mean, the "4.7.0.100" is already out!! atleast to the chosen ones!! if yes, surely would appreciate any insight from the guys who have it...would keep folks like us yearning for the leak or the official release of it....
    It's already leaked bro.
    02-02-09 03:40 PM
    i finally took the plunge and updated from .78 to .100
    It is way much faster and everything looks snappier.
    Two bugs I noticed:
    1. When selecting multiple emails, you can no longer mark everything as read, or delete all.
    2. When phone is locked, the sound button on top right of handset no longer works to switch to vibrate profile and back.
    02-02-09 08:02 PM
    It's already leaked bro.
    tough luck for me atleast...I have a 9530 and the leaked 100 is for 9500...i know we can do the vendor.xml file deletion and try installing it...but na...i just got my 99 and will wait till the next 9530 version....
    02-02-09 08:37 PM
    First of all, let me told you that I'm not totally agree with drchris as he says that "when selecting multiple emails you can no longer mark everything as read, or delete all." For me, it works just great, when selecting multiple emails, I still can mark them as read, unread or delete all.

After a couple of hours with the new os, this is what I found :
    The wap / web is faster;
    Vodafone icon is again small;
    The phone seems to have greater autonomy;
    The "enable full keyboard" isn't available in portrait mode;
    The various virtual keyboards now have normal sized keys (all except v4.7.0.90);
    The menu of the camera is not transparent, as it was the case on the previous version v4.7.0.90 ...

For the moment this update is quite positive except for the camera's menu and the mute key (no longer switch between vibrate, mute and normal mode).

P.s. : The volume buttons worked well (short press for higher or lower sound, long press to switch from one song to another)
    02-02-09 08:57 PM
    First of all, let me told you that I'm not totally agree with drchris as he says that "when selecting multiple emails you can no longer mark everything as read, or delete all." For me, it works just great, when selecting multiple emails, I still can mark them as read, unread or delete all.

After a couple of hours with the new os, this is what I found :
    The wap / web is faster;
    Vodafone icon is again small;
    The phone seems to have greater autonomy;
    The "enable full keyboard" isn't available in portrait mode;
    The various virtual keyboards now have normal sized keys (all except v4.7.0.90);
    The menu of the camera is not transparent, as it was the case on the previous version v4.7.0.90 ...

For the moment this update is quite positive except for the camera's menu and the mute key (no longer switch between vibrate, mute and normal mode).

P.s. : The volume buttons worked well (short press for higher or lower sound, long press to switch from one song to another)
    Based on the above, .100 isn't as far along as .99...strange. .99 has full QWERTY in portrait and the camera bar is transparent.
    02-02-09 09:18 PM
    I think, there are many team working on this new release and the one who give us this one have worked on an older version than v4.7.0.90...

I also found with this new os that the camera is faster and give photos of better quality.
    The "application center"'s icon have changed and the scrolling is faster
    Last edited by lomiak; 02-02-09 at 09:30 PM. Reason: adding more findings
    02-02-09 09:22 PM
    FWIW and just in case it helps shed light on someone else's problems, I upgraded from .78 to .100 using the procedure documented in the sticky (including wiping with jl_cmdr and backing up and restoring 3rd-party apps), the update went smoothly (I also did a battery pull) and I had no problems at all except I had not selected the built-in applications when doing the update.

I then decided I needed the memolist and other apps so I repeated the process and selected all the application via options. This time after doing a battery pull I got the "Media Card Inserted" VSOD, I could not get past it until I read the post about holding down the Blackberry key during the loading screen, this post also mentioned deleting the Bolt browser which I did and have not had a repeat of the problem (don't know if deleting Bolt or just using the BlackBerry key to get past the VSOD was the cure).

Anyway, it seems like installing the built-in apps during the update caused the VSOD problem to appear.

In general .100 looks like a big improvement for me over .78, seems much faster overall and the certainly the camera works MUCH better.
    02-02-09 10:21 PM
    tough luck for me atleast...I have a 9530 and the leaked 100 is for 9500...i know we can do the vendor.xml file deletion and try installing it...but na...i just got my 99 and will wait till the next 9530 version....
    Actually, no you can't. The vendor deleting method works only for the same model, but different carriers. So if telus released a new OS, and you wanted it on your verizon you'd delete the vendor file. Doing that for a 9500 OS on a 9530 would avail you nothing.
    02-02-09 10:32 PM
    Ok I had zero issues with .100 untill I did a battery pull for no real reason...

first reload i got a VSOD
    2nd pull and reload I had no service books active
    3rd pull and reload and its now working fine

still very happy with .100

seems to be faster than the .86 I was on
    02-02-09 10:58 PM
    Actually, no you can't. The vendor deleting method works only for the same model, but different carriers. So if telus released a new OS, and you wanted it on your verizon you'd delete the vendor file. Doing that for a 9500 OS on a 9530 would avail you nothing.
    So you mean to tell me that i can install the 4.7.099 on my 9500 STorm???
    02-03-09 03:39 AM
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!
    02-03-09 03:59 AM
    yes. if u want to. nobody will stop you.
    02-03-09 04:42 AM
    I can only confirm:
    sofar the camera works faster than on the .78 build, and navigation in menues seems to be faster.
    had no problems until now (knock on wood), but miss full qwerty in portrait. couldnt find an option to change to it, so they seem to have removed it completely

ps: obviously there was no full qwerty in portrait on .78 either, but I was looking forwart to it, when I heard .90 has it. kind of disappointed now, but still love my storm.

pps: still cant stream any radio on my storm, vodafone germany uses a wap apn so i cant use flycast etc. moodio wich opperates on wap should work, but unfortunately doesnt on my storm, dont know why, media player opens, loads the stream, music does not play, error occures saying that this service is blocked or the website is unresponsive. vodafone *****
    If any fellow european had a similar problem and found a solution, tell me
    Last edited by Vlad M.; 02-03-09 at 04:53 AM.
    02-03-09 04:45 AM
    I upgraded from .78 to .100, weatherbug faster but viigo privatebeta slower and i don�t found viigo option in alerts message.
    02-03-09 05:28 AM
    pps: still cant stream any radio on my storm, vodafone germany uses a wap apn so i cant use flycast etc. moodio wich opperates on wap should work, but unfortunately doesnt on my storm, dont know why, media player opens, loads the stream, music does not play, error occures saying that this service is blocked or the website is unresponsive. vodafone *****
    If any fellow european had a similar problem and found a solution, tell me
    I used Moodio this morning using .100 and got the same error with you on the first station I tried. I then tried another station and it worked fine (vodafone Ireland) so you may have some luck if you try this. I did not need to change my settings, just had to re-enter my account details.

Hope this helps.
    02-03-09 05:39 AM
    I've got to say I've found .100 to be the best so far, the one annoying thing I've still got is everytime I get a email or text by the time I've picked up or taken the phone out of the holster the phone has unlocked it's self

Oh apart from having to pull the battery this morning, saying that it was the first time I'd turned the phone off or on after updating the firmware.
    02-03-09 06:15 AM
    I think that taking it out of the holster is suppose to unlock the phone like it did in .90.
    02-03-09 06:17 AM
    I couldn't install .90 on my phone. I got the continual reboot loop problem.

I have now installed .100 succesfully!

The only thing that I have noticed so far is that my wireless signal seems a little less powerful. In an area where I used to get a 3G signal (although week) I don't seem to get it now.

** Weatherbug is working again (it had stopped in .85 for me) *****SCRAP THAT****** Weatherbug has stopped working again.

** General OS seems a bit snappier.
    ** Much quicker lock/unlock of screen
    ** Google maps seems to load much faster
    ** Still get the media card bug
    ** Still get the vodafone screen of death every-now-and-then (after reboot)
    ** update wiped all of my 'Quicklaunch' shortcuts
    ** couldn't connect to facebook / google sync for about 10mins after install.
    ** Twitterberry still not working for me (never has)
    ** Camera is lots faster than in .85

Laterz
    Last edited by ukmgranger; 02-03-09 at 08:04 AM.
    02-03-09 07:19 AM
    I couldn't install .99 on my phone. I got the continual reboot loop problem.

Laterz
    .99 was for the 9530 so wouldn't have work on your 9500 i'm afraid.
    02-03-09 07:28 AM
    So far I have the following since upgrading from .87 to .100

- Accellerometer seems much faster
    - Memory dropped to 1MB about 20mins after install. After battery pull, has stayed around the 30MB mark for about 2 hours now.
    - Browser running faster

Will report back after I have spent a few more hours on it.

Apps Running:
    Weatherbug
    File Manager
    AP Mobile
    Viigo
    02-03-09 07:49 AM
    .99 was for the 9530 so wouldn't have work on your 9500 i'm afraid.
    Sorry - meant .90 (I think)
    02-03-09 08:04 AM
    The two features I did particualry like with the .90 that have now disappeared with .100 were:

The extra spacing between the 'delete' and 'cancel' buttons when deleting emails etc - just made it easier to not hit the wrong button (especially when its in the car cradle etc)

.90 had included a 'call Log/ Phone' button in the main menu - although I use a convenience key for this anyway so no biggie

Apart from that it seems pretty stable to me, no issues so far...
    02-03-09 08:24 AM
    anyone tried making a phone call yet? im not getting any sound, no mic either.
    02-03-09 08:54 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD