Sorry I didn't see your post in time. When you lose applications during an upgrade, plug in device>open DM>Apploader>Add/Remove and make sure a check mark is in the box of the application you want installed. Also, always remember to backup before attempting a upgrade.
    No problem CX you're not here to hold our hands over every little bitty thing.

I did back up, Believe me I try to follow directions to the letter .

I'm guessing a week ago after i installed .76, I thought i moved the app center to the applications folder, when i must have moved it to Set up folder (which I keep hidden). So again My own idiocy is to blame. At least I've learned now to double check and make sure things go where I think I moved them

Thanks again for all you do to help everyone of us. Noobs & Seasoned alike!
    12-19-08 11:48 AM
    well ive started not knowing that info must of missed any1 be able to tell how to get back to where i started ?
    12-19-08 11:50 AM
    Hello,

I downloaded the new update, and my orginal browser is gone? And my app icon is gone also?

I tried loading by individual application - add / remove and its darked out and i cannot click on it? Any suggestions?

Jason
    I had to do a battery pull, and it solved my browser problem. You may also have to "send service books" to get it going again.
    12-19-08 11:53 AM
    I had some problems after install. Everything running slowly, weatherbug not updating and then it "froze" on VZW screen. Trusty ol' battery pull fixed it and everything working pretty smoothly now.
    12-19-08 11:56 AM
    I'm going to wait until the official upgrade before partaking in .83

With that being said, has anyone tried the youtube videos? The quality of those were pretty damn bad, and just wondering if the .83 might have made any difference on them, with the snappier browser and all
    12-19-08 12:04 PM
    It feel a lot zipper. I am having fewer problems with the Browser. The transition from one line of apps to full apps is faster. I hate being subjective like this, but it is all I have.
    12-19-08 12:17 PM
    I am also having the power on/off battery pull issue. Other than that, this update made me really really happy.
    12-19-08 12:17 PM
    Did anybody lose their LED NOTIFICATION light? Mine isnt working on missed calls, emails, etc.

Anybody else?
    12-19-08 12:18 PM
    Did anybody lose their LED NOTIFICATION light? Mine isnt working on missed calls, emails, etc.

Anybody else?
    Did it reset the settings to off?
    12-19-08 12:20 PM
    Straight from the man...
    This is bizarre. My Gmail account doesn't have "Send" in the menu when i go to reply to an email?

Re-Sent Service books already and did a couple of battery pulls. My Desktop(BES)corp email is fine and all functionality enabled.

Any ideas?

*EDIT*...Resent Service books again after the 2nd battery pull and WALAAAAA! "Send" showing up in Menu again.

Happy Holidays to Crackberry Nation!
    Last edited by UKJay43; 12-19-08 at 12:28 PM.
    12-19-08 12:25 PM
    Did it reset the settings to off?
    I checked and re-checked all settings and it's correct. I take it yours is working?
    12-19-08 12:26 PM
    Everyone should keep in mind that this is a BETA release - it wasn't intended for "public consumption".

Of course there are bugs - these updates are coming fast and furious. And I'm sure it's not surprising, but 0.83 is already "old"

I've had more problems with the official ones than the leaks
    12-19-08 12:38 PM
    Has anyone done any call quality testing with .83? Specifically the person on the other end. I am currently running .75 and the major annoyance for me is that almost everyone I talk to says that I am very muffled and hard to understand. I can hear the other person fine. I have tried the moving the hand suggestion and it does improve ever so slightly but not significantly. So if anyone has tested the call quality on the new version, I would appreciate any feedback in that regard. I am hesitant to upgrade now because I am on BES and would need my IT department to get me going again if I upgrade. If the call quality is better then I might bite the bullet and do the upgrade....
    12-19-08 12:46 PM
    It still works for me

what settings do you have because mine doesnt work at all?
    12-19-08 12:49 PM
    This is bizarre. My Gmail account doesn't have "Send" in the menu when i go to reply to an email?

Re-Sent Service books already and did a couple of battery pulls. My Desktop(BES)corp email is fine and all functionality enabled.

Any ideas?

*EDIT*...Resent Service books again after the 2nd battery pull and WALAAAAA! "Send" showing up in Menu again.

Happy Holidays to Crackberry Nation!
    Danggummit. Same issue again. Strangely I replied to my "Sent Service books Email" which is sent directly to my gmail account. It had "Send" in the menu. But now receiving more gmail emails and there is no "Send" in the menu when trying to reply???

Anybody with any idea? Weird problem.
    12-19-08 12:52 PM
    So I downloaded the .83 update and did the install. Did a full JL_Cmder wipe. Opened up DM and installed OS. Install finishes and bam! .75. First battery pull in hopes that it was just gremlins messing with my system. Nope still .75.

Go back into the program and click the App button. Flashes that new update is available. Do that install and bam...still .75. Pull battery again in hopes for a miracle...still.75.

Things to note:

Yes Internet is turned off.

Yes i did try to install the OS again and it gives me the options to repair or remove so it is there.

What the frick am I doing wrong people?!?!?!
    12-19-08 01:02 PM
    So I downloaded the .83 update and did the install. Did a full JL_Cmder wipe. Opened up DM and installed OS. Install finishes and bam! .75. First battery pull in hopes that it was just gremlins messing with my system. Nope still .75.

Go back into the program and click the App button. Flashes that new update is available. Do that install and bam...still .75. Pull battery again in hopes for a miracle...still.75.

Things to note:

Yes Internet is turned off.

Yes i did try to install the OS again and it gives me the options to repair or remove so it is there.

What the frick am I doing wrong people?!?!?!
    Did you go into your control panel and try removing all previous Blackberry Device software? If not, remove all of them then run .83 again, and then try to install it.
    12-19-08 01:07 PM
    So i just ended up going back to the previous firmware, and then reistalling the new firmware and it works perfect now!!!

Thanks for the advice, this seemed to be the best way an it worked. So if you are missing apps after the update, this is the long way that will fix you problem.
    12-19-08 01:13 PM
    nothing went wrong .. odds are you have 2 messeges ... lol.. find them
    12-19-08 01:13 PM
    Can wait to get home to install the update. Any information on how the update effects battery life!!??
    12-19-08 01:22 PM
    Can wait to get home to install the updated. Any updates on battery life!!??
    Where's my handout?????
    12-19-08 01:23 PM
    Did you go into your control panel and try removing all previous Blackberry Device software? If not, remove all of them then run .83 again, and then try to install it.
    I know this is probably a stupid question but how do you access the control panel? Also...should I do the wipe again and then reinstall?
    12-19-08 01:23 PM
    Well, installed fine with no delete xml and no wipe. Have over 50 megs free. I don't have any blue background in contacts. No dramatic changes, speed seems a bit snappier.

Had to switch from bb browser to Opera to finish this post. It's still nearly impossible to post here in native browser!!!

I don't see any dramatic speed increase in the .83 browser. I prefer the home screen not following your finger, at least it does what you want when you actually press a button. The only absolute I can see is the two new items in Key Rate!

--bg
    Last edited by rvgraham; 12-19-08 at 01:41 PM.
    12-19-08 01:24 PM
    I would like to do the new update, but have to questions,

1) what is needed to switch the computers that i run my blackberry desktop on? I have trouble get my desktopt to notice my storm.

2) also how to you do a complete sweep and upgrade. Is there a link on the site with instructions to properly do it.
    12-19-08 01:25 PM
    hey every1 got a small problem and a noob to blackberry i am in uk on vodafone 9500. i installed leak on comp then deleted vendor file backed up then run programme got the white screen with 507 error, switched bb destop up clicked loader and getting no new software message phone is still in usb and havnt disconnected but saying dissconnected no green lines betwwen betwwen destop item and and phone in tool bar can any one help me at all.
    thanks in advance
    You need to reinstall your old OS version, this update is only for CDMA phones
    12-19-08 01:26 PM
467 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD