Bigwil, you need to go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Meny>Register Now and then resend the service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 06:02 PM
    i cant find the link for the new update. i
    12-21-08 06:05 PM
    Check the CB main page. It may be on the 2nd page, I'm not sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 06:06 PM
    Overall, phone is way snappier. I am really impressed witht he speed of the updates, even if most of them are leaks and not "Verizon" approved. Let's keep the community going and share all the info we can.
    12-21-08 06:40 PM
    under host routing table there are just a bunch of diff files named verizon with diff numbers next to them inside of [ ]
    12-21-08 06:50 PM
    When I lock my storm put in the holster and pull it out it unlocks by itself... Never noticed this till I installed .83. Is this normal? Does anyone else notice this? By the way I have the leather blackberry case from verizon..
    12-21-08 08:22 PM
    This is my very first post, i've read through a number of posts, and read all the tutorials, I downloaded .83 from the link given, and double clicked the icon that was placed on my desktop (where all my downloads go) and it installed, when I open DM, and connect my storm, I hit check for updates, and it doesn't find .83, do I have to place it in a certain area? I updated from .65 to .75 just fine, for some reason this one wont work.
    Try deleting the Vendors.xml file. Supposedly, you shouldn't have to do this but that's the only way I was able to get it installed.
    12-21-08 09:38 PM
    is there another site i can download from? for some reason im not able to on megaupload.com
    12-21-08 10:01 PM
    HOLY KEEEERAP!!! Ok.. a newbie to post but I took the gamble to upgrade to the leaked OS .085 or 83 LOL.. can't remember what it was.. but all I have to say is that E V E R Y T H I N G is fixed.. I had a problem with my video cam recording and then playin back .. I got " unsupported format" EVERYTHING works now.. I don't know who to blame.. BB or my service provider but why Bogart such an awsome upgrade like this?!?!?!? release it already..!!!! I was sooooo skeptical.. thinkin it was some kinda joke or phishin software to turn the phone into a brick.. but i just cannot express how much better the phone works! .. email me personally and I will send you the link to where I found the OS leak. I couldn't download on megaupload or what ever that damn site was called.
    12-21-08 10:06 PM
    Anyone notice there storm unlocking by itself after removing from holster??????????
    12-21-08 10:45 PM
    Been trying to "make" OS.83 lock up, stutter, shudder, mudder for the past few hours...all while doing the same things with my gf's .75. Bought them at the same time, have actually only had them since the 17th (last new shipping date). They came with .75 and I saw that .76 was floating around but then saw .83 on here so I figured I would put mine to the test. Marked improvements all around and definitely tighter than OS.75.

Now trying to keep my work 8330 and my personal Storm nuances separate will be my task this week while on vacay. LOL
    12-21-08 11:01 PM
    If you have that much, then you're storing it on the media card. That's not going to affect your free application memory. Try clearing your browser cache. Do you have viigo installed? Viigo loves to eat application memory.
    I'm kind of confused. I have 6.7MB free space for application memory which doesn't seem like a lot. I have Viigo installed and 2/3 other things but that's kind of ridiculous. I have over 800MB of free space left on the device...is there anyway to up the allocation to application memory??

NA
    12-21-08 11:39 PM
    Hello everyone, i am new to the world of BB's but am very good with technology but still trying to figure everything out on these lil guys... I have two of them, one for me and my brother and i loaded up .83 on mine and kept .75 on my bros just to compare and contrast. Everything has been steller on .83 but my backlight is set to 100 and it looks like its set on 50.. I do have a low battery getting ready to do a proper recharge. Now is this a power saving option automaticallly when battery is low or what? I went into screen/keyboard options and didnt see anything to change my overall brightness, its not awful but i love screen being really bright...

I know this was talked about before somewhere but couldnt find it in search, so if someine could help i would greatly appreciate it, thanks in advance!!
    12-22-08 12:35 AM
    Try deleting the Vendors.xml file. Supposedly, you shouldn't have to do this but that's the only way I was able to get it installed.
    OMG Thanks, I didn't think of trying that, I have Verizon, so I figured it wouldn't matter, that DEF fixed it, and .83 was recognized in my app loader part of DM.

Updating now, I can only hope to haev the good luck some of you have eben having
    12-22-08 12:36 AM
    I did it played with it didnt like it...maybe when the official one comes out ill use that.
    12-22-08 01:26 AM
    I just noticed that when I went into the upgrade details (not sure of the offical name) where you check and uncheck options for install, that they included Chinese input support (YES! Been looking for this for quite some time) and that the English was the UK version. Anyone notice anything different when using this?

*Update*
    Looks like when I went to turn it on, it gave me the choice for United States English. I guess I was just worried to begin with. Who knows what words in the UK that the US doesn't have and vice versa.
    Last edited by HangingClowns; 12-22-08 at 06:58 AM.
    12-22-08 06:33 AM
    This is my very first post, i've read through a number of posts, and read all the tutorials, I downloaded .83 from the link given, and double clicked the icon that was placed on my desktop (where all my downloads go) and it installed, when I open DM, and connect my storm, I hit check for updates, and it doesn't find .83, do I have to place it in a certain area? I updated from .65 to .75 just fine, for some reason this one wont work.
    Sorry for the delayed response, this is also my first post. I had the same problem you're having. After a lot of fiddling (I had JL wiped my phone, and then discovered that DM wouldn't detect the upgrade. In other words, it was a great pain.), I ended up uninstalling all OS's from the computer, as well as DM. Then, I rebooted the comp, reinstalled DM, reinstalled .83, and, when prompted by the .83 install, opened DM and there it was. For whatever reason, this combination of actions allowed me to complete the upgrade.
    12-22-08 09:42 AM
    its pretty well known to do a battery pull after an OS upgrade...
    Don, .83 was working fine for me until I did a battery pull. Now I'm getting the Verizon logo and cant drop it. Going on the 3rd pull but I don't know if I should reload the OS or downgrade back to .75.
    12-22-08 09:55 AM
    just finished installing .83. took less than 20 minutes. Followed the instructions, disconnected my internet and ran the .exe file. Not a hitch and all works well. Of course, I got the phone 2 weeks ago and did not load apps other than what was on the phone already. Touch works better and going form portrait to landscape is a lot faster.
    12-22-08 11:53 AM
    The .83 upgrade is working perfectly for me except there this a high likelihood that when playing either of the pre-installed games the screen will lock up. This never happened on previous OS versions. It is about 50-50 with .83. Not a big deal given that the real functions of the phone are now much better.
    12-22-08 12:01 PM
    i'm gonna do it tonight i'll see how it goes
    12-22-08 12:17 PM
    Don, .83 was working fine for me until I did a battery pull. Now I'm getting the Verizon logo and cant drop it. Going on the 3rd pull but I don't know if I should reload the OS or downgrade back to .75.
    Pull the media card out too.

This is a very annoying problem since I can't even turn the phone off now without the logo being stuck.

I think I'm gonn ahave to bite the bullet and go back to .76 or .75. Verizon would be ill advised to release this OS...which is a shame because it worked flawlessly for a few days.
    12-22-08 12:22 PM
    only thing i liked about .83 was the camera...so i took the .83 camera and put it into the .76 rls and viola!

for some reason .83 didnt agree with my storm.
    12-22-08 12:26 PM
    Call me crazy but I gotta tend to think that those having issues with the upgrade are possibly running too many 3rd party apps? Doesn't make sense that many of us have not had an issue with .83 yet a handful are. It's the same package everyone is dl'ing.
    12-22-08 01:28 PM
    Call me crazy but I gotta tend to think that those having issues with the upgrade are possibly running too many 3rd party apps? Doesn't make sense that many of us have not had an issue with .83 yet a handful are. It's the same package everyone is dl'ing.
    A lot of the problems with SW is definitely 3rd party applications.
    12-22-08 01:32 PM
467 ... 1516171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD