Great news that this leak works pretty well. I am debating as to whether or not I should update as I have a replacement phone coming in a couple of days due to the "screen click" problem.

Does anyone know if VZW would have a problem with me returning a phone with a leaked OS on it?
    12-19-08 09:51 AM
    HUGE difference in the camera. It is much, much faster. That was my big complaint before. As far as the "wash out" try messing with the options, I have to change them for whatever setting I am in.

I did not have the problems with my face muting or ending a call, although it does tend to click the screen. And I am not happy about how the home screen no longer "scrolls" and highlights the buttons when you drag your finger. Not a major thing, but I thought it was cool.

Good stuff, hope the official release is even better!!
    12-19-08 09:58 AM
    Great news that this leak works pretty well. I am debating as to whether or not I should update as I have a replacement phone coming in a couple of days due to the "screen click" problem.

Does anyone know if VZW would have a problem with me returning a phone with a leaked OS on it?
    i'd say go ahead and do it and compare the two when you have them... Just dont forget to post your results!!
    12-19-08 09:59 AM
    I did the upgrade without any problems, but i see people exited about the free memory increase.... maybe im looking in the wrong place but my free app memory under options-memory is only 25 meg. Is this due to third party apps?.. are the 54 megs some people are posting about due to NO third party apps in their storms?
    thank you
    agreed, i only have 20 megs free after a clean install...
    12-19-08 10:01 AM
    anyone have trouble with their led not working?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 10:03 AM
    CX, do you think we'll need one more week to see the official from VZW?
    That's a looong time...
    12-19-08 10:03 AM
    Everyone is going to have different memory levels after the install. It depends on your 3rd party applications, cache size, emails, pictures, etc.
    12-19-08 10:04 AM
    hey guys,
    I cannot get this software to install.. I turn the internet off and dm will not recognise this update.. any ideas?
    12-19-08 10:04 AM
    Everyone is going to have different memory levels after the install. It depends on your 3rd party applications, cache size, emails, pictures, etc.
    Ohh... I copied lots of pics from my old phone. And I have 1gb of music. Could that be it?
    12-19-08 10:06 AM
    no word on the keyboard disappearing??

I have a feeling this will be the same update that VZW will release in a week or so, as some have claimed an official update coming out soon.

Look what happend with .75... people thought it was just a stepping stone between .65 and a new official update... then VZW disappointed us with the official release of what we already had. I hope im wrong but im not counting on it.
    12-19-08 10:14 AM
    hey guys,
    I cannot get this software to install.. I turn the internet off and dm will not recognise this update.. any ideas?
    if you follow instructions posted in the leak thread, it's very easy.
    12-19-08 10:18 AM
    Hi. Great find!!!

Downloading now...One question, some people have said that their predictive text stopepd working...

Is that true...anyone... Bueller....Bueller..:-)
    12-19-08 10:19 AM
    Ohh... I copied lots of pics from my old phone. And I have 1gb of music. Could that be it?
    If you have that much, then you're storing it on the media card. That's not going to affect your free application memory. Try clearing your browser cache. Do you have viigo installed? Viigo loves to eat application memory.
    12-19-08 10:21 AM
    Downloading now...One question, some people have said that their predictive text stopepd working...
    It still works for me
    12-19-08 10:22 AM
    does the video camera saving and playback of saved videos work better? if no one else knows i'll report back as soon as done updating...
    12-19-08 10:26 AM
    download was quick. Upload forever. Phone will not turn off by the power off button. The blackberry button no longer works unless im in a program, like bb messenger. Cant just bring the switch apps menu up and switch, or see whats running. No free glide on homescreen anymore either. other than that seems crispier. Sounds better. but i have lag issues with this doing another battery pulll. number 3. 3rd battery pull fixed the bb menu button and power off button. why does 3 times always seem to be the charm....
    Last edited by ina; 12-19-08 at 10:30 AM.
    12-19-08 10:28 AM
    download was quick. Upload forever. Phone will not turn off by the power off button. The blackberry button no longer works unless im in a program, like bb messenger. Cant just bring the switch apps menu up and switch, or see whats running. other than that seems crispier. Sounds better. but i have lag issues with this doing another battery pulll. number 3
    i just tested all of these and your claims are false
    12-19-08 10:29 AM
    Has anyone tested with Garmin Mobile? Do I have to be the guinea pig on this one?
    12-19-08 10:32 AM
    I'm going to have to agree with that power button thing. I can turn it off, but when I turn mine back on, it gets stuck at the Verizon spash screen.
    12-19-08 10:33 AM
    sir im merely posting my issues in which most have been fixed with the 3rd battery pull as stated but doesn't everyone have the issue with the main screen
    12-19-08 10:34 AM
    I installed .83 and things seem better. However, this may or may not be related to the beta. I downloaded some ringtones to my computer (.mp3) from Zedge, and then moved them to my ringtone folder with the rest of my previously downloaded ringtones from Zedge. They do not show up. I took the SD card out of the phone and plugged directly into the USB device on my computer. I could view all my previously downloaded ringtones again, and including the several I put on the SD card. So, I deleted the new ringtones and moved them again from my desktop to my ringtone folder. I put the SD card back into the phone but it still does not display the new ringtones.

Can anyone else test this out for me to see if its operator error somehow?
    12-19-08 10:35 AM
    I'm going to have to agree with that power button thing. I can turn it off, but when I turn mine back on, it gets stuck at the Verizon spash screen.
    Same thing happened to me after I used SoftReset
    12-19-08 10:36 AM
    So I see they changed the way the icon for the App Center looks. Camera takes pics a lot faster than before. Accelerometer has improved more, definitely more responsive but just needs a tiny tweak and it'll be perfect. I'll keep checking for more improvements.
    12-19-08 10:37 AM
    why do you have to be so negative about it, just giving my 2 cents I tried hitting the power off button. said powering off for 10 min. nothing. so did a battery pull waited 30 sec put back in viola powered off in about 10 sec. no compaints

i just tested all of these and your claims are false
    12-19-08 10:38 AM
    Weird - I have my internet browser, but my BB browser is gone. Anyone else?
    12-19-08 10:50 AM
467 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD