I cant believe this didnt fix the mute during a call issue. Crucial they do know about this right? If so, they do know just how serious it is right?

I am starting to think they believe this to be a "minor" issue if they havent addressed it in 2 updates.

also i hope this fixes typing. i tried the bold today and could type 800-900% (literaly) faster. its keyboard is amazing. of course a little faster would be normal, but 800%?
    12-19-08 03:35 AM
    I cant believe this didnt fix the mute during a call issue. Crucial they do know about this right? If so, they do know just how serious it is right?

I am starting to think they believe this to be a "minor" issue if they havent addressed it in 2 updates.

also i hope this fixes typing. i tried the bold today and could type 800-900% (literaly) faster. its keyboard is amazing. of course a little faster would be normal, but 800%?

some people just aren't made for touch screens

I mean I am not saying your a idi0t but some people just in general use regular keyboards better..
    12-19-08 03:52 AM
    yeah i would get the bold in a second but

a) its on at&t and i am not switching.

b) the os feels dated compared to the storms

when is the bold coming to verizon? maybe i will stick with the storm till it comes out.
    12-19-08 03:53 AM
    Thanks CX!!!!
    12-19-08 05:51 AM
    I updated, and strangely I don't have some of the functions that people are talking about.
    when my BB is locked, clicking the screen does light it up.
    holding mute when locked does switch it from vibe to ring and back.

This seems contrary to what people are reporting. how could this be?
    in my about it has:
    v4.7.0.83 (Platform 4.0.0.105)
    12-19-08 05:51 AM
    Does anyone else have a problem answering calls? That is one of the biggest issues of this phone for me. I am hoping they will update so when you get an incoming call, the answer/quiet/ignore screen only shows in portrait mode. That is one function of the phone that does not need accelerometer support, imo. Does this update address that?
    12-19-08 06:04 AM
    It's a ton faster so far, but I haven't messed with it to much.
    12-19-08 06:19 AM
    Hey, Doc, did the audio on your bluetooth work before when playing video?
    I've heard some people mention having that problem from the beginning. I don't have that issue right now at all, I use Motorola S9-HD when I'm watching movies all the time and would hate to lose that capability. Seems a little wrong to have that stop working...
    I think I'll have to try it myself and report back.
    Yeah,

I've been watching Video with Bluetooth headphones ever since I got the Storm. Now, Video is the ONLY thing that doesn't work properly with BT on my install with .83. Audio and Phone both work fine.
    12-19-08 06:43 AM
    anyone try making calls yet? I'm curious to see if the sound quality has improved (no more mufflled voices on either end)
    12-19-08 06:58 AM
    anyone try making calls yet? I'm curious to see if the sound quality has improved (no more mufflled voices on either end)
    Overall call quality has improved a bit.
    12-19-08 07:11 AM
    Things I've noticed off the bat.

-Browser is faster loading pages. Also the typing lag is gone.

-Phone application is a little faster.

-Speed dial makes the bippity blip blip sound again

-Calendar less lag, easier selecting times and swiping is smoother.

-Media center all around is quicker.

-When phone is ringing and the screen switches from landscape to portrait, the ringer doesn't reset.
    Last edited by mudavo; 12-19-08 at 07:33 AM.
    12-19-08 07:18 AM
    Is it me or does the Storm feel lighter after the update?

Jk..

So far this is the biggest improvement, and I didnt wipe it out first. Just wondering if wiping it out again would even make a difference.
    12-19-08 07:18 AM
    i dont understand where people get the idea that wiping it is any different than doing an OS upgrade.

you cant wipe it clean without an OS....and DM wipes it every time you upgrade (an upgrade is really just an automatic wipe and reload) so its basically a choice of whether you let DM backup and restore automatically or you do it manually yourself.

either way i cannot see how this would affect the performance of the OS
    12-19-08 07:26 AM
    I'm going to wait a week and see if the Official one comes out on Tuesday like I have heard.
    12-19-08 07:26 AM
    i dont understand where people get the idea that wiping it is any different than doing an OS upgrade.

you cant wipe it clean without an OS.... so its basically a choice of whether you let DM backup and restore automatically or you do it manually yourself.

either way i cannot see how this would affect the performance of the OS
    The Wipe they are talking about is deleting the OS all together, it can't be done from the phone and has to be done with a program on your computer. Then they have a fresh install of the new OS not over the old one
    12-19-08 07:28 AM
    The Wipe they are talking about is deleting the OS all together, it can't be done from the phone and has to be done with a program on your computer. Then they have a fresh install of the new OS not over the old one
    Thanks for backing me up...

When I got the phone I installed .75 over .65, I noticed zero difference. So I wiped out the HH and reinstalled .75 and it was much better.
    12-19-08 07:30 AM
    The slider bar isn't working when I'm watching H.264 video
    12-19-08 07:33 AM
    Ok A noob question & I likely did something wrong.

Downloaded leak
    Backed up device & Apps
    Wiped using JL
    Installed Leak
    Added Leak OS to device.

*At this point the App center showed the new Icon*

restored apps
    Restored from device backup

App center is now gone.

How do I get it back?
    12-19-08 07:36 AM
    The slider bar isn't working when I'm watching H.264 video
    Same here...
    12-19-08 07:42 AM
    how do i wipe out
    12-19-08 07:45 AM
    how do i wipe out
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    12-19-08 07:47 AM
    Overall call quality has improved a bit.
    thanx CX, that's good to know. I have a replacement coming today because I sound like I have a mouthful of Xmas cake. I dl'd the update last night but figured I'd wait so I could make comparisons with the new unit.
    12-19-08 07:51 AM
    how is the video recorder after the .83 update?
    12-19-08 07:52 AM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now... Wait for it... wait for it... wait for it...

Check your messages and the browser should be back shortly as well as email connections...

Else... Options > Advanced Options > Service Books > Delete Blackberry Internet Browsing Service... Then Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now...

GL
    Pardon me if anyone else mentioned this, but I also had to do a *228 and 1 to reactivate from Verizon. Then it all worked.

12-19-08 07:54 AM
    Ok A noob question & I likely did something wrong.

Downloaded leak
    Backed up device & Apps
    Wiped using JL
    Installed Leak
    Added Leak OS to device.

*At this point the App center showed the new Icon*

restored apps
    Restored from device backup

App center is now gone.

How do I get it back?
    Try re sending your service books
    12-19-08 07:55 AM