Anyone else notice that the Storm2 User Guide is included? I found it here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530AMEA_v5.0.0.323_P4.2.0.126

filename is userguide_series_08.pdf

Steve
    10-21-09 01:21 PM
    Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530AMEA_v5.0.0.323_P4.2.0.126
    You'll see a bunch of files ending in .alx these tell apploader which files to load up for each application.
    Open the files I posted below in Text Editor, and find the line that begins with "fileset", delete the _vendor=181|182|etc part
    Save the file
    Apploader should now recognize that you can install these files.

Block Breaker Deluxe 2 - BBD2_v50_360x480td.alx
    BejeweledTwist - BejeweledTwist.alx
    Monopoly World - MonopolyWW.alx
    Peggle - Peggle.alx
    Texas Hold'Em Poker - TexasPoker_v50_360x480td.alx
    The Sims 3 - TheSims3.alx

They only seem to have 90 second free trials, then a link to purchase if you like.
    i was very interested before you said they are timed and the games don't look too interesting, thanks anyways.
    10-21-09 01:23 PM
    Loving this OS, however I cannot figure out how to separate the LED color's for SMS and BBM. I want to get the color using berrybuzz for SMS, but I don't want to get the any led or color for BBM. When I turn off the LED for BBM then I don't get any notification.
    10-21-09 01:24 PM
    Under Messages Options there is a "Main Message List Settings" it allows you to select which messages are shown in the main message list!
    Since I have several email addresses on my device, it's now a bit easier to keep them separate. Never noticed that before...
    10-21-09 01:25 PM
    How about charging? Is there an issue? I plugged my storm in and no charging indicator or led flash..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 01:25 PM
    Anyone else having problems with their VVM?

It's "working" in the sense that I'm not having any errors and it's loading voicemails, however my problem is that it's not automatically passing new voicemails to my phone. If I go Menu --> Check New Message, it will download the new message and it works just fine. However, it's not automatic.

Anyone else with this problem? Anyone with a solution??

I've done plenty of battery pulls.
    just wanted to chime in that I am having the exact same issue for the past 2 days on 151...so I don't think this is OS related..could be on VZW's side or the app itself....
    10-21-09 01:26 PM
    Can someone please post a OTA for Shazam that works?
    10-21-09 01:28 PM
    So far, this OS is rocking!

Under Options/Applications/Edit Default Permissions/Interactions, there is a setting for "Security Timer Reset", that is grayed out as "Deny". I can not change it to anything else while ALL other permissions are set to "Allow" and I can change them. What do I need to do to change this? I'm trying to get MeterBerry running and all it ever does is tell me is:

"MeterBerry is requesting changes to its application control permissions" with a "view" button.

When I view, it always show me that "Security Timer Reset" is set to an unchangable "Deny"..

Help!!!
    10-21-09 01:29 PM
    if you have two rows of icons on the home screen, the first icon is smaller than the rest. If you go to one or three rows, it looks fine.

It's noticeable if you have two email accounts next to each other or if you have SMS and MMS first (the image runs into the text).
    10-21-09 01:29 PM
    I had the same problem and fixed it by reinstalling the free 3rd party app "forwardreplyedit" available on app world. The app lets you edit your emails before replying or forwarding but also fixed the link issue for me. Hope this helps....
    Didnt work for me. anyone else has a fix for not being able to select hyperlinks in emails?
    10-21-09 01:30 PM
    Under Messages Options there is a "Main Message List Settings" it allows you to select which messages are shown in the main message list!
    Since I have several email addresses on my device, it's now a bit easier to keep them separate. Never noticed that before...
    If only I could keep my facebook notifications off this list now!
    10-21-09 01:30 PM
    So far, this OS is rocking!

Under Options/Applications/Edit Default Permissions/Interactions, there is a setting for "Security Timer Reset", that is grayed out as "Deny". I can not change it to anything else while ALL other permissions are set to "Allow" and I can change them. What do I need to do to change this? I'm trying to get MeterBerry running and all it ever does is tell me is:

"MeterBerry is requesting changes to its application control permissions" with a "view" button.

When I view, it always show me that "Security Timer Reset" is set to an unchangable "Deny"..

Help!!!

I am waiting on an answer for this as well... kind of sucks that the developer doesn't support 5.0 os yet (which is understandable due to it changing so much). Hopefully someone has figured out how to change this permission setting.
    10-21-09 01:31 PM
    METERBERRY not working for me.

Keeps asking to change "Security Timer Reset" permission. But the option to change it is greyed out and it only says DENY. Anyone else seen this? Or have any suggestions? TIA
    My meterberry works only the qp feature is not working.

10-21-09 01:31 PM
    so with this upgrade I'm seeing events in my calendar that I should not. Like a recurring event I have every thursday is showing up today?

-e
    10-21-09 01:32 PM
    I have 3 email accounts on my phone. How do I set which one to use as default for composing new emails?
    10-21-09 01:33 PM
    If only I could keep my facebook notifications off this list now!
    This is controlled in the options menu of the Facebook application.
    10-21-09 01:34 PM
    My meterberry works only the qp feature is not working.

That is so wierd... mine won't even start. It keeps prompting to change that permission...
    There is a bug in berrybuzz. In order for the light to stop flashing you have to escape out and then select sms (or possibly just msg) folder to get it to stop flashing.
    I have 3 email accounts on my phone. How do I set which one to use as default for composing new emails?
    Options > advanced options > default services
    10-21-09 01:38 PM
    Anyone notice that their "auto correct" isn't working in just SMS? It works when I compose an e-mail just not in SMS.
    10-21-09 01:39 PM
    Didnt work for me. anyone else has a fix for not being able to select hyperlinks in emails?
    I just checked an email I received this morning with a link in it, works fine for me. I click the link and I get menu prompt to "Open Link". If I click it my browser loads.
    10-21-09 01:39 PM
    Someone hybrid in the 3G icon haha! and PM me! I miss that shiiiit.
    I tried the .323 java with the .230 sfi, no go.
    You will get used to it. As much as I liked it. I hated seeing the 1X, 1x 1xev at times. 3G looked a bit weird when it came up. Maybe it should have been:
    3G BBlogo
    3g BBLogo
    G BBlogo
    g BBlogo

Who knows it might make a comeback like Jay-Z
    10-21-09 01:40 PM
    I read earlier in the thread that the Weather icons now update, but can't get my BerryWeather ones to update. Did you guys do anything special?
    Still looking for some help here, I have no idea. :/
    Whoa! Ok...this is new. QuickLaunch just actually let me reboot using Reset Device. First time on a 5.0 this has happened!!
    Just tried it, doesn't work for me but then again neither does QuickPull.
    That is so wierd... mine won't even start. It keeps prompting to change that permission...
    What version are u using I think 1.5.8 is the newest

10-21-09 01:41 PM
1,825 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD