I am sure it has been mentioned here, but with the sheer large number of posts, I tried to search for this but didn't see any hits come back...

The old nuisance of having the phone immediately open a message when pulling it from the holster has now been changed to allow the user to specify whether or not it opens now without having to wait 15+ seconds...

Under Messages/BB Key/Options/General Options/Auto Open Newest Message After Removing Device From Holster you can choose Always/Never/After Sound or Vibration.

I am sure this has probably been told, but I thought it was worth mentioning again. Not sure if it's a .323 thing, or if it has been available in 5.x.x.xxx builds. This is the first time I noticed it.
    10-21-09 01:02 PM
    I don't know if this has been asked before, but is Socket support available for OM5 on this leak? Because OM5 and http is too slow for me.
    Anyone try RDM plus...? I couldn't input the last digits during registration in .230...wondering if I can finally use v5.0 on my storm...(I must have RDM plus working...I need it for my job)!
    I am using RDM+.... But I was also using it on .230 without any issues.
    i was installing CaptureIt seeing as how the screen capture in QL is now cutting off the bottom half of a video still that's paused when I go to capture the image... All of a sudden after rebooting my phone, it buzzes and emit these unfamiliar beeps!!! i had to do a hard battery pull and I'm waiting for it to load back up... Very weird!

edit: didn't have that issue after the hard reboot... carry on Storm Soldiers!!!
    Last edited by homeboy123; 10-21-09 at 01:10 PM. Reason: new info!
    10-21-09 01:03 PM
    I took the 5.0 jump finally. Upgraded from .167 without a hitch.

- Removed prior .167 from my PC
    - Installed .323
    - Rebooted PC
    - Backed up individually: Address book, BB Messenger Contacts, Bluetooth options, Browser Bookmarks
    - Full backup
    - /Common Files/Research In Motion/App Loader - deleted Vendor.xml
    - right clicked App Loader: Run As Administrator
    - Left my desk for 15 minutes
    - Install complete
    - Battery Pull

And now I am restoring databases and my options

Everything is working great so far

Pros

- Boots faster
    - Transitions smoother
    - Camera seems clearer on inside photos
    - No lag
    - Love the Threaded SMS
    - Love the flick scroll

If I notice any more pros I will post. Everything seems awesome! I am so glad I jumped to this build. All my apps are working just fine.

Installed Apps

- Visual VM
    - App World
    - GV Dialer
    - Pandora
    - Google Voice
    - Poynt
    - Where
    - Facebook
    - BBM 5.0 (works just fine)
    - Google Maps
    - You Tube
    - My Verizon
    - Capture It
    - Slacker
    - Suduko Lite
    - Word Mole
    - Google Talk

Memory boots at 35 and is holding steady so far
    You Have Just Inspired Me To Update I've Been Running .167 On My 9530 For A While And Always Stayed Away From 5.0
    10-21-09 01:04 PM
    So does Google Maps not go into landscape mode or let you get the keyboard down for anyone else?
    10-21-09 01:04 PM
    So does Google Maps not go into landscape mode or let you get the keyboard down for anyone else?
    disable compatibility mode....
    10-21-09 01:05 PM
    Still getting random phone freezes during typing in portrait/landscape mode... Not as bad as .230 but still not stable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 01:06 PM
    There's a bunch of Demo games included in the Loader Files.

Open the .alx of each file and delete the "_vendor" info in the fileset brackets. Now you should be able to install them via apploader.
    please explain this process... i am new
    10-21-09 01:06 PM
    .151??? haha

I guess your not as bad as the one guy still running .113 the other week i seen, he didnt even realize .148 was an official release.

But yes, i have had .230 on my phone for awhile now and just went to .323, no time to mess with .323 yet but im sure its still better then what your using right now.

When i jumped to 5.0, my lag on my phone went away, even IF my memory gets low (<10meg), before with 4.7, if your phone goes below 10 meg, your phone reallly starts acting up, i have not had lag issues at all with 5.0 and my biggest complaint with the phone was lag.

good luck in what you choose
    Yeah haha .151 me too. At least everything works. I'm not jumping to the latest OS just cause it's available.. .151 is rock solid for me I never lose more than 5 MB RAM. No issues with 3rd party apps either. I've read every page (so far) of this thread and I'm not convinced .323 is worth the time to reconfigure and debug all the apps I have.
    10-21-09 01:07 PM
    Anyone have a list of these demo games? My OS is still downloading...
    10-21-09 01:08 PM
    I am sure it has been mentioned here, but with the sheer large number of posts, I tried to search for this but didn't see any hits come back...

The old nuisance of having the phone immediately open a message when pulling it from the holster has now been changed to allow the user to specify whether or not it opens now without having to wait 15+ seconds...

Under Messages/BB Key/Options/General Options/Auto Open Newest Message After Removing Device From Holster you can choose Always/Never/After Sound or Vibration.

I am sure this has probably been told, but I thought it was worth mentioning again. Not sure if it's a .323 thing, or if it has been available in 5.x.x.xxx builds. This is the first time I noticed it.
    this has NOT been mentioned in the thread before..and I believe this is an awesome addition to the 5.0 feature set....good job picking this one out!
    10-21-09 01:08 PM
    So far so good except for METERBERRY. I keep getting " Meterberry is requesting changes to its application control permissions." I have tried changing the Interactions permission but it will not change. Uninstalled reinstalled, pulled battery numerous times. What am I missing? Also downloaded the BB Store App and there is no icon, yet it tells me of apps I have that can be restored from App world.....strange....
    10-21-09 01:09 PM
    There's a bunch of Demo games included in the Loader Files.

Open the .alx of each file and delete the "_vendor" info in the fileset brackets. Now you should be able to install them via apploader.
    Eh, only a bunch of 90 second free trials. might be worth it to somebody out there...
    10-21-09 01:09 PM
    -Verizon VVM works
    Anyone else having problems with their VVM?

It's "working" in the sense that I'm not having any errors and it's loading voicemails, however my problem is that it's not automatically passing new voicemails to my phone. If I go Menu --> Check New Message, it will download the new message and it works just fine. However, it's not automatic.

Anyone else with this problem? Anyone with a solution??

I've done plenty of battery pulls.
    10-21-09 01:10 PM
    this has NOT been mentioned in the thread before..and I believe this is an awesome addition to the 5.0 feature set....good job picking this one out!
    Good, I am glad I didn't double post something then! I might have to now, though, and make a new topic in the OS subforum so people will notice it since it will be lost in here with all of the other findings...
    Last edited by Todd M; 10-21-09 at 01:14 PM.
    10-21-09 01:10 PM
    Just installed .. everything seems to be working good.. fastest startup time so for.. Gmail contact sync works now!! Great OS over all
    10-21-09 01:15 PM
    Ok so I'm fully up and running

I'm friggin impressed!

Device boots in 4.5 minutes (timed it 3x in a row)

0 application issues

Camera works and transitions are winsauce

Working Applications:

Berrybuzz Pro
    Buzzd
    CaptureIt
    Drivesafe.ly
    flagyouremails
    FMyLife
    ForceRadioOn
    GoogleMaps - Note GPS is WAY FASTER as with data speeds more on this later
    LaunchPad
    MeterBerry - Note Everything works EXCEPT reset but core app functions 100%
    YouTube
    MyVerizon
    Poynt
    randompasswordgenerator
    Shazam
    Slacker
    SmartBCalander
    StormSlider
    Trapster
    UberTwitter
    Visual VoiceMail VZW
    Vlingo
    Google Voice
    Weather Bug Elite
    BBM 5.0
    VZAccess Manager Tethering
    Windows Live Messenger
    Yahoo Messenger
    Appworld
    Facebook 1.7

Shrink-a-OS Worked!

Everything I have has been tested and works 100% except for the MeterBerry Stub Reset (no biggie)

Now on Speed...

Device is STUPID fast

Flick Scrolling, Threaded SMS, UI update makes it prettier, Transitions faster, typing faster, no clock of doom, Camera is lightning quick response and transitions, New media management is great, icon sets are great and I got a 2x increase in my data speeds.

This is my first 5.0 OS and I have to say I love it! That was a night well wasted!

Edit: Also With all that **** installed I boot to 23mb, have only leaked down to 20.7 so she seems to be a very happy Storm
    Thanks for posting in a nice easy to read format. Much easier to read.
    10-21-09 01:17 PM
    im new to 5.0 coming from 4.7.167 this is great. dont know if this new or not but now when you put the phone in bedside mode their is the option to make the phone turn off all alerts or even tern off the radio i love that and weather bug home screan icone not updateing
    10-21-09 01:17 PM
    METERBERRY not working for me.

Keeps asking to change "Security Timer Reset" permission. But the option to change it is greyed out and it only says DENY. Anyone else seen this? Or have any suggestions? TIA
    10-21-09 01:18 PM
    contacts glitch is fixed
    some one please help installed the new OS but my desktop software only says 4.7 core applications are available for upgrade how can i get the 5.0 on my phone

Download the .323. OS Here

Instructions on how to upgrade/downgrade your OS are here.

Since this is a leak, your DM won't have the upgrade.

Any questions let us know.
    Boots faster than any other OS I can remember... which is nice since 230 was slower than most!

This is definately most responsive my phone has ever been

Best accelerometer I've ever seen too

Youmail works perfectly.
    Stormslider works perfectly.
    BBM5 works perfectly.
    New Facebook works perfectly.

Browser is super fast.

Flick scrolling isn't spastic like it was in earlier 5.0's. No more bouncing halfway down the screen when you touch it, no more starting at the bottom of lists.
    10-21-09 01:19 PM
    Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530AMEA_v5.0.0.323_P4.2.0.126
    You'll see a bunch of files ending in .alx these tell apploader which files to load up for each application.
    Open the files I posted below in Text Editor, and find the line that begins with "fileset", delete the _vendor=181|182|etc part
    Save the file
    Apploader should now recognize that you can install these files.

Anyone have a list of these demo games? My OS is still downloading...
    Block Breaker Deluxe 2 - BBD2_v50_360x480td.alx
    BejeweledTwist - BejeweledTwist.alx
    Monopoly World - MonopolyWW.alx
    Peggle - Peggle.alx
    Texas Hold'Em Poker - TexasPoker_v50_360x480td.alx
    The Sims 3 - TheSims3.alx

They only seem to have 90 second free trials, then a link to purchase if you like.
    10-21-09 01:20 PM
    PRLs are not cleared when restarting the phone...
    10-21-09 01:21 PM
1,825 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD