11-05-09 06:03 PM
1,825 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Does the elle theme work?
    10-21-09 11:28 AM
    I cant get my Berry Weather to stay updated like others are reporting on WB.
    Yeah I dont think its working for Berry Weather for whatever reason.
    10-21-09 11:29 AM
    Still running great but have noticed

Some incoming calls don't associate with contacts so I only see a phone number displayed in the history/caller ID - no contact info.
    10-21-09 11:30 AM
    Anyone know what Free themes are working with this build? All of mine are screwy in landscape

Thanks
    Check out my post at the bottom of page 31 of this thread. I tried a method someone pointed out earlier in the thread and I'm not screwy free in landscape life.
    10-21-09 11:31 AM
    Does anybody know how to delete themes? The "delete" button in the themes menu is grayed out for me :-X
    10-21-09 11:32 AM
    SIM contact won't copy to new version of 5.0

am i doing something wrong?
    10-21-09 11:33 AM
    Anyone seeing issues with the calendar no longer showing birtdays that are setup in your contacts? It started for me with 5.0.0.230 ... I am also no longer seeing future calendar entries in the today theme for entries that existed in my calendar before the upgrade ... new entries show up though
    Slacker is not working for me since the update to 323
    App World seems to install, soon as i reboot the device, it's gone.
    10-21-09 11:34 AM
    This worked for me as well.

Went into theme options, switched "Today," saved it. Exited out.

Went into theme options, switch to "One Row," saved it. Exited out.

Went into theme options, switch to "Two Row," saved it. Exited out. Switched to landscape. Felt it move upon not seeing any white bars.

That work for me, Thanks! btw Running Win7 theme and love it!
    10-21-09 11:34 AM
    - Text descriptions of launchers created with LaunchPad are off center and not fully displayed. See Google Reader, CrackBerry, GTEFCU, Yahoo FF in the shot below.

- Don't have to move LaunchPad icons after reboot to get the image to display on the home screen.

10-21-09 11:35 AM
    Does anybody know how to delete themes? The "delete" button in the themes menu is grayed out for me :-X
    Ramos - go to the Options --> Applications. Your themes will be listed under third part applications. You can delete them from there.
    10-21-09 11:36 AM
    tethering isn't working for me, i updated to the latest vzaccess manager and it still doesn't work
    i'm using vista. i'll try it later on an XP machine. it just keeps saying "configuring device" looks like its connecting then it doesn't.
    Tethering works for me, but I am using Tetherberry.
    Just loaded it...everything seems to be running fine... I had to install BBM 4.7 since my icon for 5.0 bbm disappeared but nothing im not used to with the 5.0 OS... all you have to do is install 4.7 then reinstall BBM 5.0 from the blackberry dot com site like homeboy said up there and everything will be up and running again...and i had to reinstall Facebook 1.7 since the upgrade deleted my facebook... which is working perfectly on this OS... Applications Center is working now...and everything seems to be in ORDER no issues here.. except the distorted sound on High Volumes level which we could easily decrease to offset that issue... Im happy with it...
    I find it strange that the Weatherbug Elite temperature reading on the top bar updates but icons still don't refresh on the homescreen without moving icons around.

The landscape bug is annoying but tolerable and I miss 3G icon as it was elegant and simple but not a big deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 11:38 AM
    Anyone seeing issues with the calendar no longer showing birtdays that are setup in your contacts? It started for me with 5.0.0.230 ... I am also no longer seeing future calendar entries in the today theme for entries that existed in my calendar before the upgrade ... new entries show up though
    Wow I didn't even know that feature existed.... however I added in a bday to one of my Contacts and it showed up in my calender.
    10-21-09 11:39 AM
    they WOULD leak a new one as soon as I update my sig... *sigh*

uploading now.
    10-21-09 11:40 AM
    Ramos - go to the Options --> Applications. Your themes will be listed under third part applications. You can delete them from there.
    They used to be listed there, but in this OS (.323) themes don't appear under applications. Instead, more options are in the dedicated "themes" folder. However they conveniently disallowed the use of the delete function in the themes folder, which is confusing me
    10-21-09 11:40 AM
    Doh...

Downloaded App World and launched it and got an "App Error 523 Reset" Message.

On Edit: After the reboot App World is running fine.
    Last edited by nypunkgeek; 10-21-09 at 11:48 AM.
    10-21-09 11:41 AM
    Upgraded from .230 to .323.

Boot up time is much less, I boot with more memory free..not that it matters that much.

Some new icons

All of my apps seem to work fine. I dont run themes so I can't help you there.

The flick scrolling doesn't seem to 'flick' as far now, I had to setup my email again (i use gmail, so it might just be an issue with the plug-in)

Otherwise, so far so good.. not much more I can say, been up and running for about an hour.

Many thanks Kevin for the leak. I really hope this or another build goes official because 5.0 really really makes this phone feel like a brand new one.
    10-21-09 11:45 AM
    An amazing release!

Everything is so smooth. Transitions are great. Memory so far is rock solid. No cons as of yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 11:46 AM
    Can anyone address the landscape issue before I wipe and try it again?

Screen gets white borders and distorts while scrolling in landscape mode with all my themes except original Zen theme.
    I had the same problem but its now fixed. I don't have a specific step by step on how I was able to fix it, I just tried a few other things that were listed on the forum.

1. Switched back to the original Zen theme, this worked fine. Switched back, still screwed up.

2. Switched back into Zen and changed the 'options' within the application menu. I switched to 'Today' layout and switched back to my Old Skool theme and the landscape issue disappeared.

3. Went back into options and changed back to 2 rows, exited and Old Skool theme worked properly, even in landscape.

Nowe all seems to be fine still.
    10-21-09 11:46 AM
    A possible fix was posted that involved changing the Layout from whatever you have it set as to something else (such as from 2 Rows to Today) and then back to your original. This has been reported to work for some. I've tried it on two different themes and it did not work for me, however. Hopefully you have better luck than I did.
    I tried this as well, works for me now.
    10-21-09 11:47 AM
    I can't wait till i get home and install this baby! i like this 9530 love

It's like Christmas came early!
    10-21-09 11:48 AM
    Sorry, but no. The mass storage mode is and was enabled and BBDM will not see the device. The other interesting thing is the OS is now telling me that the USB posrt is not suitable to charge the device and it is the same one that I have been using for almost a year!
    Do you have DM 5.0?
    10-21-09 11:48 AM
1,825 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD