I don't really like the bubbles as text message. Kinda liked old style. It keeps wanting to scroll down to.
    You can change this in General Message Options -> Separators
    10-23-09 11:38 AM
    Don't know if it was mentioned, but does VVM work in this build? It doesn't for me. I don't get any notifications of new messages, only when I go into vvm and check for new messages, the notification indicator comes up on my home screen. Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just started a dedicated thread on this issue. Go check in.

10-23-09 11:39 AM
    I had this same problem. I wound up having to completely uninstall BBM and reinstall.
    ditto. after i re-installed it, i used the restore function and put all the contacts back on there as well. good to go now.
    10-23-09 11:41 AM
    Missed Call Alert seems to work but the pop up shows the caller from two calls previous on the screen instead of the missed call.

Anyone else?
    10-23-09 11:41 AM
    Yes all other OS are deleted....Disconnect from the internet???????....I am coming from .148 I don't know if that makes a difference?
    If anyone has any ideas just PIN me...
    10-23-09 11:43 AM
    Yes all other OS are deleted....Disconnect from the internet???????....I am coming from .148 I don't know if that makes a difference?
    I came from 151, so I don't think there should be that much of a difference....do this, go to the tips section and see Crackbuglar's thread on how to load an OS, only skip the shrink-a-OS step.....follow those steps exactly...

before you do that, make sure you have a backup of your phone through DM and of your 3rd party apps....then delete the 323 OS from your PC and start from that thread from scratch...let me know via PM if you need more help...
    10-23-09 11:44 AM
    If anyone has any ideas just PIN me...
    definitely disconnect your laptop from the internet, then run loader.exe in the apploader folder in C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader
    10-23-09 11:46 AM
    I quit reading after the first 20 or so pages (of the 43 that it says are here now). Has anyone noticed that some email icons have changed? My Yahoo! account icon used to be the "Y" with a smiley on it. Now it's just the plain BB version (looks just like my BB acct. icon). I don't like it as it makes it harder to tell them apart on first glance.

Also, I did get WeatherBug to work (as others have), but had earlier switched to Simple weather and like it just fine. Anyway, I noticed with BOTH apps that when the phone is in portrait mode and home screen (not all icons showing at once), the homescreen icons are different than they are in landscape mode or when all icon are visible in portrait mode. With WB, the icon is just the umbrella, but it does have current info on it. Putting it in landscape mode brings up the icon that corresponds to the weather condition. The same thing happens with Simple Weather. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? It's weird that the icon seems to be tied to the direction of the screen.
    10-23-09 11:50 AM
    My experience is quite the opposite, I find the response time to be faster than previous OS.
    I have to second this. Upgraded from.151 and this OS is super quick.
    10-23-09 11:53 AM
    Thanks for the tip, this seemed to work for me. Just note that it will take a little longer the first time you bring up the pictures on your phone again, once you do that the pictures seem to come up great.

Thanks for the tip.
    No problem. Glad it worked. Makes me think there should be a feature in the OS that not only lets you do memory cleaning like what's under Security Options --> Advanced Security Options, but also to clean/delete temporary files like these thumbnail files, or other temp files like the feature in Windows.
    10-23-09 12:07 PM
    Found a fix for this! Remove StopTilt! Thanks lwirtjes!

heres an odd one. Had 5.0.0.323 working great for last two days. I just went and downloaded the storm version of google maps. After restart, any time i am in a menu screen it's as if the blackberry button keeps pressing itself. when you click the blackberry button the first option is "lock screen" so my storm keeps pulling up the menu and locking the screen on its own. if i click the back button in time i can momentarily stop this and get into applications. once in an app this doesn't happen.

i have managed to delete google maps and done a couple of battery pulls but the problem remains.

my guess is the best fix is to revert to the 4.7 os but of course all i have is a mac at home and apparently can't do this without a PC. Please help! Thanks

Yep, so I connected with DM and my issue was with stoptilt. Once I removed it my issue stopped.

I do miss my stoptilt, but I really like this OS.
    Last edited by sapient79; 10-23-09 at 12:32 PM. Reason: found a fix
    10-23-09 12:10 PM
    ditto. after i re-installed it, i used the restore function and put all the contacts back on there as well. good to go now.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times..I've tried uninstalling from "Applications" in Options, as well as deleting from App World.

I keep reinstalling via AppWorld though..

should I be using desktop loader and doing it locally? how can I get BBM back?!

EDIT: I installed it by going to blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger on my BB Browser and it's working. yay!
    Last edited by sniffs; 10-23-09 at 12:28 PM.
    10-23-09 12:11 PM
    I cant even get my phone to recognize that I have a new OS on the computer to load....I have deleted vendor file, also deleted all other previous OS that were on my computer....I have restarted the computer........I use the apploader but it shows that I do not have a new OS to upgrade to....I have done this a million times but this time I am stumped....PLEASE HELP!!!
    Problem solved...had RUN AS AN ADMINISTRATOR on vista......
    10-23-09 12:23 PM
    For some reason it still does not recognize the proper time zone here on East Coast. It forces me to GMT -5 ; we are GMT -4 until DST kicks in. Is this my problem or OS problem?
    10-23-09 12:24 PM
    So I love this leak but i gotta admit im a little upset that quick pull doesnt work. Any other options for a quick pull besides taking out the battery?
    Go to Options>Applications... select QuickPull... click menu button go to "Edit Default Permissions"... sett all to Allow... Save... Exit App... Battery pull... When it restarts, it should be working.

If the above doesn't work, do the same thing, but instead of Edit Default Permissions, do it with "Edit Permissions".
    10-23-09 12:24 PM
    For some reason it still does not recognize the proper time zone here on East Coast. It forces me to GMT -5 ; we are GMT -4 until DST kicks in. Is this my problem or OS problem?
    It is DST until Nov 1st on the east coast
    10-23-09 12:30 PM
    I installed BBMessenger from blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger and notice a Visual Voice Mail icon. Clicking it, downloads a RIM designed version of VVM.

nice!
    10-23-09 12:34 PM
    Just installed 5.0.0.323 and my browser is not working properly. I can tell that things are trying to load and I definitely have service but all pages just load a white page. Didn't see anybody else with this problem. Any ideas
    10-23-09 12:57 PM
    Anybody else besides me having trouble with the screen staying dim. Its getting annoying and it makes me wanna throw this thing under my lawnmower. Tried batt pull. No luck. Please save my BB from ultimate destruction. Lol

10-23-09 01:00 PM
    forwarding email does not work. as soon as you put forwarding adderess,it disables send button and menu option. same with reply email.
    10-23-09 01:02 PM
    does anybody know why i am unable to find BBM 5.0 on my phone? it says it is installed.. but it is no where. I even tried to delete it and reinstall it, reboot phone, it isn't there. though in AppWorld it says it is installed. and it appears in the application list (although not with its normal icon, its just a blue outline folder)...

any ideas?? (yes i have show all selected and checked every folder...)

Uninstall it, then download it from blackberry.com/messenger on your phones browser.
    10-23-09 01:11 PM
    Does anyone know a way to stop the touch menu in the browser to stop appearing everytime you load a page? It didn't do it in 4.7. I like loading with a full screen and tapping the screen if I want a menu.
    Also, SMS now start at the newest message in the thread, but the message list starts somewhere in the middle. Very annoying.

Memory leaks badly. Went from 34 megs to 21 in about 4 hours with some texting, music and 2 short calls.

Last edited by bish0p34; 10-23-09 at 01:57 PM.
    10-23-09 01:18 PM
    I cant get shrink-a-os to work, i used it to load my os just fine but when i tried to shrink my os it gave me the same numbers i started with. 84.36mb before and 84.36mb after. Anybody have any suggestions ?
    You put checkmarks into the stuff that you DO NOT want. When you click Shrink My OS, it will say 84.36 before and something like 53.24 after. Then use BBSAK to load it onto your phone and there you go.

EDIT: Wait... I think I had it backwards... click "Select All" button, then uncheck the things that you DO NOT want...
    Last edited by TJ_Lakewood; 10-23-09 at 01:24 PM.
    10-23-09 01:21 PM
    Is anyone else finding that Blackberry Maps cannot find satellites with the new 5.0.0.323 leak?
    10-23-09 01:21 PM
    Just installed 5.0.0.323 and my browser is not working properly. I can tell that things are trying to load and I definitely have service but all pages just load a white page. Didn't see anybody else with this problem. Any ideas
    I had the same issue, so I wiped with BBSAK and went back to .230. I couldn't live with .230 issues so I tried.323 install again but this time I fixed it by starting over from scratch...uninstalling DM and the OS on my desktop, deleted the OS file and downloaded a new .exe for the OS from rapid share (first .323 exe i used was from hotfile). Downloaded DM from blackberry.com. I installed .323 over .230 (last time wiped with BBSAK before installing .323) and everything is working fine now.
    10-23-09 01:31 PM
1,825 ... 6667686970 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD