dunno if this has been mentioned (too many pages too sift through)

Flick scrolling in contact list still buggy
    got a "black" half a screen where I used to get the "white" one **fixed it with just a tilt of the phone**
    I liked the old smilies lol
    10-23-09 12:11 AM
    I had same problem. I just unchecked items thru the app koader and booted around 38 with a list of apps.
    I have also noticed that when i go to portrait i have white bars on both sides cutting some of my icons off and when i switch to landscape it looks fine.
    10-23-09 12:28 AM
    No media player issues here. Video playback is actually much improved. My xvid and divx files had somewhat choppy video playback (but watchable). They now playback smooth just like MP4 videos always have.
    10-23-09 12:32 AM
    I have also noticed that when i go to portrait i have white bars on both sides cutting some of my icons off and when i switch to landscape it looks fine.
    what theme are you using
    10-23-09 12:37 AM
    Downloaded it from a different link and got everything working smoothly. Didnt shrink it. I think I might be deleting some important stuff when I shrink it. Problems though.... edge/EDGE issues when using google maps, and blackberry app world. Havent tried pandora or myspace yet. Gmail seems to be working fine though.

Any fixes for someone on T-Mobile..?
    10-23-09 01:02 AM
    bluetooth is horrible with this build.
    10-23-09 01:07 AM
    If I have the feature turned off and it still engages, it's a bug.

When I turned it off in every version of 4.7 I ran (which is all of them) it NEVER ONCE dimmed in landscape regardless of the ambient light. The only time it does it (and it did it on every version) is when I have 5.0 installed.
    It was dimming for me on all versions of 4.7 up to and including 4.7.151
    10-23-09 01:15 AM
    Battrie pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    "Battrie". hahahahaha Classic!
    10-23-09 01:19 AM
    I cant get shrink-a-os to work, i used it to load my os just fine but when i tried to shrink my os it gave me the same numbers i started with. 84.36mb before and 84.36mb after. Anybody have any suggestions ?
    run as admin
    10-23-09 01:22 AM
    "I have also noticed that when i go to portrait i have white bars on both sides cutting some of my icons off and when i switch to landscape it looks fine."

switch to the today theme and save it..then switch back to your theme and save it again. that should fix it.
    10-23-09 01:28 AM
    One little browser annoyance I'm experiencing with this build (coming from 167) is that the bottom tool bar comes back with every new page load, forcing me to keep tapping the screen to get rid of it. My choice used to persist through page loads until I tapped it on or off again - now it doesn't. Anyone else? Don't know if this existed previously as this is my first '5'.

10-23-09 01:39 AM
    One little browser annoyance I'm experiencing with this build (coming from 167) is that the bottom tool bar comes back with every new page load, forcing me to keep tapping the screen to get rid of it. My choice used to persist through page loads until I tapped it on or off again - now it doesn't. Anyone else? Don't know if this existed previously as this is my first '5'.

Same here. I really hate that little bar! This is my first 5.0 OS as well because of the BES problems with earlier 5.0's.
    10-23-09 01:59 AM
    Don't know if this Is old news but under the Help application it tells how to connect to WiFi lol. Also major + is that there is finally no typing lag while trying to post in WAP!

10-23-09 02:02 AM
    Surprised no one has noticed that you can't pull up the keyboard in the apps screen anymore...
    10-23-09 02:03 AM
    Finally after about 6 hours I get EDGE!

10-23-09 02:08 AM
    Anyone notice if you have the !?123 button pushed and hit the backspace it deletes everything? Just found that out when I was typing a txt msg...kinda handy sorta unless you forget...lol

10-23-09 02:10 AM
    Is there anyway to get rid of the call back thing when your texting?
    10-23-09 02:11 AM
    so I love this new o.s. Everything is quicker faster snappier better.... My only issue is that everytime I do a batt pull I lose app world... Not that big of a deal for me.. But if anyone has a fix to that.. Let me know!
    10-23-09 02:53 AM
    Alright for everyone who can't view the event log set one of your convenience keys to virtual keyboard and pull it up on you home screen(where you can see your wallpaper). Also ive read up to page 25 and dont know if anyone noticed yet but app center works now. Speaking of app center i had 35 mb of memory after i restored everything then after i installed app world it went down to 22MB!! yea i know i was po'ed..its staying at less than 26 cant say how low it will go. Besides all the obvious changes if you put a .230 storm next to a .323 storm you can see that the .323 icons are like 1pt smaller especially the sound icons after you click on them are smaller.
    10-23-09 02:54 AM
    Anyone notice if you have the !?123 button pushed and hit the backspace it deletes everything? Just found that out when I was typing a txt msg...kinda handy sorta unless you forget...lol

awwesome find bro +1
    10-23-09 02:57 AM
    BBM 5 not working for me. Downgraded during install to 4.7. When I upgrade after, it says it's been loaded successfully but no icon appears. Shows that the application is loaded, then I reboot and it's gone.

Edit: Problem solved. Haven't read through all 110+ pages of findings, but for me at least, I couldn't use the BBM 5 download from App World. Used this one instead: BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - BBM 5.0.0.33 For OS 5.0.0

My music folder is gone as well, but decided to purchase QuickLaunch and added a shortcut through there.
    Last edited by solo224; 10-23-09 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Fixed problem.
    10-23-09 03:07 AM
    Arg! So .323 is pretty much perfect....
    Only I love to watch movies, but now they all flicker.
    All throughout the movie it just flickers. Full battery, batt. pulls..
    no dice.

Any tricks? Is there a way to bring back the media player from a previous OS? argh!

thanks~
    10-23-09 03:20 AM
    Just bought two BlackBerry Storms from Verizon, taking advantage of their $49 deal for both while signing away another 2 years of my life. Now let's get to the fun part.

The first thing I noticed after upgrading to OS 5.0.0.323 is that after it finally upgraded, restored my data and the device booted to the boring Terms of Service screen, it asked for my permission to do a "2 minute" reboot. Being a slave to my BlackBerry, I selected "Reboot Now" and was on my way to eating more pizza-flavored Pringles while my phone does who knows what.

It appears a lot of my applications have lost their way and aren't in the folders they were prior to upgrading. No big deal because this thing scrolls like none other. Wow. This scrolling is something they should've had from the Storm's release to take some spotlight away from the SurePress fuss. You know what I'm talking about.

Media now pulls up its own little folder, rather than the "iPod-look" screen which appeared to be its own application to launch Pictures, Videos, etc. I liked it the other way but this is no big deal. The pictures load in about the same amount of time. I don't have a lot of pictures, but enough to fill a couple "pages" and I don't see a loading increase or decrease.

I used Windows XP SP3 to do the upgrade, launching it from loader.exe. I'm a Mac user, and I've yet to find a .dmg of any BlackBerry OS. Good thing I can also run Windows on this thing!

The browser feels about the same, although the new scrolling makes it feel faster, I don't think anything has really changed here. Some new icons for things like search providers is a real nice touch but I see no huge improvements here. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with my geographical location and data speed.

I heard someone say something about "SMS & MMS" not being there. Well, my icon is still there -- with a brand new look inside. I like it, but it doesn't really match the Messages or e-mail windows. My device is a Verizon-branded Storm 9530 (you'd know this if you read the top!)

Lock/unload used to have a huge lag on my OEM OS 4.7 from Verizon. This is gone and I'm loving it.

The menus seem a lot more fluid and responsive to my touch. Rather than guessing where my BlackBerry is going to take me when I press something, it just seems to know now. This was my biggest issue, being a long time power-touchscreen-user was the simple fact that no matter how accurate my fingers were, the BlackBerry only registered my finger pressing the right spot about 60% of the time so it was always fun where I was going next! This menu is spot on.

A little thing I've also noticed is when you have vibrate enabled for your ringers, it kicks in the ringtone right after the vibration is done. Before it used to sit there for a second or two between the vibration ending and the ringtone playing. This is a big plus for me because I need my phone to sound like the world is ending (I drive a convertible) when it rings.

The Clock fonts look bigger for time display. Maybe I'm just tired but the bold looks bolder, maybe slightly larger font, etc.

The screen changes when you move your BlackBerry around don't seem to have gotten any slower or faster. Nothing that I've noticed to say there's an improvement.

No dimming or any funny business in landscape mode, even though many others have reported this. It helps that I run the default theme with a simple wallpaper change and it's fine for me. I'd rather have functionality than looks or I would have bought an iPhone! (Sorry, guys...)

Huge plus for me -- Vibrate with Ringtone! Finally, no more half-assed third party apps to do this simple function. You have given all convertible owners a reason to buy RIM. Woohoo!

I'm honestly not sure what else to play with. Everything I touch is the same, better, or "OMG" amazing. I upgraded only after reading approx. 20 full pages of this thread and I'm surprised to see none of the issues people talking about exist on my 2-day-old Storm.
    10-23-09 03:36 AM
    I don't know if this is the case or , but after a day of having .323, my radio is extemely poor. In my building, I would normally get -80 dbm with full 1XEV. Now, I'm getting -110 dbm and cannot send anything. My data services cannot connect and I'm sitting here with a paper weight.
    I have a similar experience; the .230 radio was MUCH better...I would get "more bars" and usually a 3G (1XEV) signal instead of just a 1X signal.
    10-23-09 04:56 AM
    If I have the feature turned off and it still engages, it's a bug.

When I turned it off in every version of 4.7 I ran (which is all of them) it NEVER ONCE dimmed in landscape regardless of the ambient light. The only time it does it (and it did it on every version) is when I have 5.0 installed.
    I agree, I never had it dim on any of the 4.7.0.* builds.

Another reason why I think it's buggy is that if I go to landscape and it dims, I can fix it by going back to portrait, touching the screen, it undims, then go straight back to landscape and the 2nd time around it does not dim while in landscape.
    Last edited by carlos31820; 10-23-09 at 06:17 AM.
    10-23-09 06:11 AM
1,825 ... 6364656667 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD