This is my very first experience w/ anything unofficial and i have a few comments.

1- its effing amazing!
    2-I should have been doing this more often.
    3- pretty much everyone posts q's that have been answered within 3 pages prior.

i thought i had an actual question, but my cheeks have been stricken with rigamortis ever since i loaded .323
    ROTFL ... yep, and I never thought I'd type "OMG"!
    10-21-09 12:27 PM
    will java works in 9500?
    10-21-09 12:27 PM
    Just upgraded to 5.0.0.323. I have all the same stuff.

Bars on the side in landscape mode. tried bat pull x3 NG. Then changed parameters in theme to 3 lines and used a different background. Now it works. Don't know why?? but who cares.

Memory @ 33 up from 26 with 238/287 hybrid which is better than 18 with 230/238. Haven't been using it long enough to comment on leakage.

Memory Eye works fine. Any word on Meterberry??
    10-21-09 12:28 PM
    Got 323 loaded up on my pc and ready to go. I'm gonna be patient though and wait a day or two like I usually do after a new OS is leaked. Just to see how the findings and fixes pan out after a few days of use once everything settles in. Looks pretty promising though from following this thread.

did I mention 21.7%/hr battery loss??
    Early on, I know but I loaded it about 4am and its settled for a while after all my activations, HRT, battery pulls, etc.
    Early on is right. This just leaked so until more time has passed everyone's battery findings are pretty inaccurate. Especially since most people giving these results are tinkering non stop and doing multiple battery pulls which wears down a battery significantly. Give it some time before you judge how the battery loss is.
    10-21-09 12:29 PM
    Did quickpull not work for anybody else?
    I see postings that people are saying Quickpull works and Quickpull DOES NOT. I can't get the dam thing to work. I have deleted it and re downloaded it from the Crackberry mobile download site.

Also, is anyone else having the problem of their email icon not showing up? I have a yahoo account and no longer have the Y icon. However my email is working.
    10-21-09 12:31 PM
    Someone hybrid in the 3G icon haha! and PM me! I miss that shiiiit.
    I tried the .323 java with the .230 sfi, no go.
    The .323 installed ok, but for some reason the network is totally flaking. Browser keeps timing out, Facebook is lagging bad, and even Blackberry Messenger is hanging for long periods with the red "clock" icon when I send stuff.

I tried two battery pulls so far but to no avail.
    323 is flippin great
    10-21-09 12:32 PM
    My quick pull also dont work
    Quickpull works for me-

i have two icons for music though...- just hide the one that doesn't belong>?
    Meter Berry works!!!
    I sifted through all of this up until your post, I appreciate that you even put it in blue. With this and the weather apps working, I am going back to 5.0! Thanks to the leakers!
    I like the new Desktop Mail folder, now my work email has it's own folder so I won't confuse with personal ones.

Can't connect to device memory through my PC with .323
    I get the same issue sometimes. I have to plug the phone into the computer.... wait a second then disconnect it, wait a second... and then plug it back in. They I have access to the device memory. Hope that helps you out.
    A possible fix was posted that involved changing the Layout from whatever you have it set as to something else (such as from 2 Rows to Today) and then back to your original. This has been reported to work for some. I've tried it on two different themes and it did not work for me, however. Hopefully you have better luck than I did.
    This worked for me. Changed from 2 Rows to 1 Row. Weird too. It started happening AFTER a battery pull....
    I LOVE the new way you change times and the spell check. Still can't get quickpull to work?
    Neither can I ... looks like a "permissions" issue, but no amount of changing those options seem to work.

Not a big issue for me in any event.
    10-21-09 12:33 PM
    I'm amazed at how people can download this thing and 5 minutes later come back with so many responses.

Let me debunk a myth right away"
    Browser is no faster then with 4.7

That's my opinion, YMMV
    I just installed mine 5 minutes ago and the only thing i can say so far is when you are adding people to a mms message, it use to reset back to the beginning of your contacts, now it doesnt!!! GREAT! no more scrolling through contacts to add people.

As far as browser, the BB browser has always sucked. Opera is the way to go for speed and rendering if you can get use to how it works.
    BBM 4.7???? wtf?
    I've yet to walk away from .151 - In the opinion of everyone here. Is it advisable to jump on this? I use appleberry dark themes right now. But I can do without a theme for a faster os. Is it a large improvement over .151? Is it recommended to do a full wipe first? Thanks
    10-21-09 12:34 PM
    BBM 4.7???? wtf?
    blackberry.com/messenger ftw
    10-21-09 12:35 PM
    Someone hybrid in the 3G icon haha! and PM me! I miss that shiiiit.
    I tried the .323 java with the .230 sfi, no go.
    maybe it will be on your new storm 2. Happy B-Day
    with my hemisphere theme I have to do the fix every single time I reboot, That's going to get old pretty quick. Are all themes doing this?
    i did this upgrade from 4.7.0.151 and used bbsak to backup apps just in case. I DL the os and ran the installed. Deleted vendor.xml file, let it run and followed all the onscreen prompts. I didn't wipe my device first and left all my apps installed.
    My findings:
    Landscape bar problem just like everyone else.
    Pandora works perfectly.
    Quick Pull wants to work but hangs after selecting yes to reboot.
    Bigtincan Buzzme works, although not needed.
    Storm Slider works
    StromLocker works
    Sounds are good
    I don't like the seperated out media stuff, no one stop icon for all media related things.
    My games work still

All in all happy so far. Only on second batt pull, pretty zippy OS i think.
    10-21-09 12:36 PM
    YES! the theme should work fine also, just follow the instructions

Intergration of SMS into BBM is not present in this build.
    Um, yea it is....
    I've yet to walk away from .151 - In the opinion of everyone here. Is it advisable to jump on this? I use appleberry dark themes right now. But I can do without a theme for a faster os. Is it a large improvement over .151? Is it recommended to do a full wipe first? Thanks
    .151??? haha

I guess your not as bad as the one guy still running .113 the other week i seen, he didnt even realize .148 was an official release.

But yes, i have had .230 on my phone for awhile now and just went to .323, no time to mess with .323 yet but im sure its still better then what your using right now.

When i jumped to 5.0, my lag on my phone went away, even IF my memory gets low (<10meg), before with 4.7, if your phone goes below 10 meg, your phone reallly starts acting up, i have not had lag issues at all with 5.0 and my biggest complaint with the phone was lag.

good luck in what you choose
    10-21-09 12:39 PM
    I see postings that people are saying Quickpull works and Quickpull DOES NOT. I can't get the dam thing to work. I have deleted it and re downloaded it from the Crackberry mobile download site.

Also, is anyone else having the problem of their email icon not showing up? I have a yahoo account and no longer have the Y icon. However my email is working.
    QuickPull not working here either, but not a deal breaker. Also have yahoo mail as my primary account, but that is working just fine, with the same icons as under 4.7.
    10-21-09 12:40 PM
1,825 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD