Anyone seeing issues with the calendar no longer showing birtdays that are setup in your contacts? It started for me with 5.0.0.230 ... I am also no longer seeing future calendar entries in the today theme for entries that existed in my calendar before the upgrade ... new entries show up though
    Contact birthdays are showing up for me.
    10-21-09 11:49 AM
    Looks like you still cant access the onboard memory with mass storage mode like you could with 4.7.
    10-21-09 11:52 AM
    Anyone having trouble installing this? I am running .148, following the crackberry OS install tutorial, and I can not get this software to load. I have had the same problem with all 5.0 software, am I missing something?
    Does the elle theme work?
    I've heard it does....There's a couple of late posts over on Aug's thread about it. Grider has it loaded, maybe he can comment.
    So far so goo, Very Fast, Everything works for me so far and memory and start up time is significantly quicker
    10-21-09 11:53 AM
    I have no complaints with this release beyond the dimming issue. Medias fixed, SMS is fixed, radio is great, SPACE is huge, sound is great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 11:54 AM
    VyMail is working now. It didn't work for me on 230.
    10-21-09 11:57 AM
    Love the new SMS message listing. Much cleaner!

**Quickpull not working??? I'm about to re-download
    WOW! This OS is freaking perfect. Everything works great!!!!

Media bug is fixed!
    Gmail works-Kinda, LOL.
    Volume is fixed!
    Flick Scrolling is better.
    SMS glitch is fixed.
    Tried searching and skiming the thread, but I can't seem to click on a web link when sent in a email?? Any thoughts fixes etc. Thanks
    10-21-09 12:00 PM
    I just upgraded this morning. So far, I'm having no issues, everything works great for me! Running faster, transitioning smoother and I have the most memory I've EVER HAD!!!

I do, however, miss the 3G..
    10-21-09 12:00 PM
    I keep getting a fatal error on DM when I try to upgrade. Any ideas as to why?
    10-21-09 12:01 PM
    So is anyone on BES using this new build successfully?
    I was able to upgrade to .151 without issues, so now I'm thinking of taking a giant leap to OS 5.0
    I don't have the full BES, just BPS. I just did the upgrade and everything so far has been fine, still testing.

One thing that I noticed was odd, but good, was that the phone automatically started the Enterprise Activation process. I don't know if this was a fluke or not.
    10-21-09 12:02 PM
    Well ... best I can hope for is a fix for this or downgrade back to the 230/287 hybrid.
    Just go into "options" under the applications menu and change to 'Today' layout, then exit. Go back in and change back to whichever layout you had before and should be fixed. It works fine for me now.
    10-21-09 12:04 PM
    PRL does not reset to "0" after reboot anymore.........
    10-21-09 12:05 PM
    Almost all of my contacts are stored with 11 digit phone numbers (as 1(xxx)xxx-xxxx) but if I receive or make a local call without the 1 it does not associate the call with the contact.
    10-21-09 12:05 PM
    Battery life waaaay bad so far 21.7%/hr.
    no reset function
    Flick scrolling not nearly as smooth or responsive.

Smooth interface
    quick browser
    seems pretty stable otherwise so far
    10-21-09 12:06 PM
    Just installed...so far so good..did a shrink...no problems...will update as i play with it more.
    10-21-09 12:06 PM
    messages>options>main message list settings> check box next to "SMS and MMS" under Other Message Types
    Tried it, i still have the sms and message folders seperate...grr
    10-21-09 12:07 PM
    I confirm this issue with 3rd party themes. If I highlight an icon and then scroll, there is crazy colorbanding on the white bars. I can live with it though.
    The fixed for the landscape problem was discussed earlier, by going into option on the changing to another layout and back to the original..It worked for me. I have a custom theme as well. Hope this helps
    10-21-09 12:08 PM
    This OS is working great. I have installed and activated the enterprise server. We have a new button for BES email. That is correct it is now separated! I love the new Today option for home screen. I am getting one error message when I try to log into my account from the crackberry app store - "Access denied insecure SSL request" if you look under details is says you can change device side SSL - in TLS options. How do I do this? I can't seem to find this option yet? Has anyone else gotten this?
    10-21-09 12:09 PM
    This OS is AMAZING!!!!! After about 6 battery pulls I've got everything working perfect! FAST Transitions!!
    -Boots FAST!
    -Meterberry working!
    -Pandora 1.1.1 working!
    -Weatherbug Working perfectly!
    -Flick Scrolling/Threaded SMS Near Flawless!
    -App World working just fine & FASTER!
    -Poynt works
    -Viigo Works
    -V-Cast Videos works
    -Stormslider works perfect & integretes nicely with device lock and loads fast!
    -Texting is so much better(Love Suretype but can now enjoy Full qwerty)
    -Browser FAST!!
    -Opera Mini 5 Beta Works
    -Verizon VVM works
    Still exploring other apps that work with this OS...I love it how BB is finally coming together and making superior OS's but they may be too late as I may jump on the Droid train!...We'll see!
    I keep getting a fatal error on DM when I try to upgrade. Any ideas as to why?
    Try using loader.exe instead of DM.
    it's working great for me, but the one thing I'm noticing is there is a notification that says I have two unread messages. It's had this notification since the first battery pull and I've done 4 since then. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was those two registration emails for the service books. They were not bold or anything so I couldn't tell they were unread.
    Last edited by cartisdm; 10-21-09 at 12:26 PM.
    I took the 5.0 jump finally. Upgraded from .167 without a hitch.

- Removed prior .167 from my PC
    - Installed .323
    - Rebooted PC
    - Backed up individually: Address book, BB Messenger Contacts, Bluetooth options, Browser Bookmarks
    - Full backup
    - /Common Files/Research In Motion/App Loader - deleted Vendor.xml
    - right clicked App Loader: Run As Administrator
    - Left my desk for 15 minutes
    - Install complete
    - Battery Pull

And now I am restoring databases and my options

Everything is working great so far

Pros

- Boots faster
    - Transitions smoother
    - Camera seems clearer on inside photos
    - No lag
    - Love the Threaded SMS
    - Love the flick scroll

If I notice any more pros I will post. Everything seems awesome! I am so glad I jumped to this build. All my apps are working just fine.

Installed Apps

- Visual VM
    - App World
    - GV Dialer
    - Pandora
    - Google Voice
    - Poynt
    - Where
    - Facebook
    - BBM 5.0 (works just fine)
    - Google Maps
    - You Tube