05-22-09 06:33 PM
1,933 ... 7273747576 ...
tools
    sorry guys i know this is kinda against forum rules but I'm at work and I can't review the last 122 pages.

Ever since i installed .132... my phone thinks that headphones are plugged in when they are not.

I can't speak or hear on a phone call.

Has anyone had this trouble?

I'm trying to downgrade to a lower software, perhapps .112 to see if it fixes the problem
    I had this problem and I solved it by plugging in my headset during a call. The wired one, not bluetooth.

Your profile says you have a Pearl though, and my girlfriend had the same issue. The store owner said it was a common problem and said he could fix it for 20 bucks. She ended up just getting a new phone.
    04-28-09 04:51 PM
    I need help with the above, anyone...........
    are you referring to your contacts?

you can change that by going to Contacts, then Options > General Options > Sort By: and change it to First Name.
    04-28-09 04:53 PM
    Hello,
    I had upgraded to .132/.163 yesterday and had issues:
    During a phone call the phone reset itself, Constant clock timer thing, delays when calling up a app.
    SOMETIMES.

So today I decided to do the following:

1. Download and install FULL .132 onto your computer.
    2. Download Lyrid's file on first page that corresponds to your computers OS. (x64, x86).
    3. Run this file and in the OS box make sure it has the correct route to where your newly installed (.132) OS is located. C/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162
    4. This will install the 5.0 and other files. It will also install Shrink-a-OS which i recommend (If you run this it will provide you with different options to streamline your OS by taking out stuff you don't need). Awesome Program!!!
    5. Now you're ready to go. Just run AppLoader (which I recommend) or DM and update.

Now i have a white screen and in micro size font the following:

App Error 523

Is this what they call bricked?
    Is there anything that I can do?
    Tried a battery pull and followed the above but same outcome.

Any advise.
    i already have a paperweight so!!!

Thanks
    04-28-09 05:58 PM
    been reading this forum for years....first post here.

upgraded to .132 for 2 days now and I still can't get my internet to work. I read every single page on this thread and tried pretty much everything. (battery pulls...TCP...resend service book...play around with browser setting...) nothing seem to work...I have T-MOBILE btw...any help would be greatly appreciated...

(i also changed the TCP/IP APN: to wap.voicestream.com, since i have tmobile) still doesn't work...

thanks guys
    04-28-09 06:14 PM
    It took me most of yesterday to get everything up and running as it should. I started out w/ a 4.7.0....so I had to install two separate uploads. First, start off clean. Get rid of the stuff you downloaded and installed that didn't work and start fresh.

One recurring problem was that I didn't realize I had to remove the vendor file from both upgrades. After the first one, go in and remove the vendor file and then after the second one go in and remove that vendor file, as well. Also make sure you are using the right upgrade for you computer OS. Finally, I always do a manual battery pull at the end just to tighten things up.

FYI, I am really happy w/ my upgrade. Everything is very responsive (was sluggish before). I have a lot of apps and there doesn't seem to be any real difference in my battery life, either.

Thanks for all the hard work that went into getting all this info compiled and put into a format us newbies could follow. I know we make a lot of mistakes in the beginning.
    04-28-09 06:39 PM
    been reading this forum for years....first post here.

upgraded to .132 for 2 days now and I still can't get my internet to work. I read every single page on this thread and tried pretty much everything. (battery pulls...TCP...resend service book...play around with browser setting...) nothing seem to work...I have T-MOBILE btw...any help would be greatly appreciated...

(i also changed the TCP/IP APN: to wap.voicestream.com, since i have tmobile) still doesn't work...

thanks guys
    Did you do a *228? For some reason .132 disables data service after doing a *228. You have to do a batt pull to get it back. Possible that if you did a *228 and then tried to resend service books, they didn't resend. Try doing a batt pull and then Options>Advanced Options>host rounting table>bb button>register now
    04-28-09 09:08 PM
    Just an update of findings running .132......
    I've been running .132 for a week now. Did my obligatory batt pull and initial memory was 53mb. After a week WITHOUT a batt pull or random reboot, my memory is still running in the low 40's and phone is still working great! I kinda feel guilty not having to do a batt pull everyday! I have absolutely no complaints about .132. Could be happy with it, even if VZ doesn't release another OS!
    04-28-09 09:13 PM
    Did you do a *228? For some reason .132 disables data service after doing a *228. You have to do a batt pull to get it back. Possible that if you did a *228 and then tried to resend service books, they didn't resend. Try doing a batt pull and then Options>Advanced Options>host rounting table>bb button>register now
    just tried that. No help. Does it have something with me using Tmobile instead of Verizon?
    04-28-09 09:44 PM
    just upgraded to .132. Question when I press the blackberry button sometimes it goes straight to the "switch application (icons)" instead of the drop menu. I never noticed this on .75. Is this something new? I have to press the "back arrow key a few times to eventually get the drop menu with the blackberry button.

thanks
    04-28-09 10:54 PM
    just upgraded to .132. Question when I press the blackberry button sometimes it goes straight to the "switch application (icons)" instead of the drop menu. I never noticed this on .75. Is this something new? I have to press the "back arrow key a few times to eventually get the drop menu with the blackberry button.

thanks
    Go to Options>Screen/Keyboard and change your "Key Rate" to "Normal" or something slower. The newer OS's have a more sensitive Key Rate so it thinks you're holding the BB key. Or, you can try hitting the BB key quicker.
    04-29-09 12:39 AM
    Just wondering what the memory should be running at on the new OS upgrade?

Thanks!
    04-29-09 01:14 AM
    been using .132 for a couple days no problems yet
    04-29-09 01:41 AM
    I need help with the above, anyone...........
    i also do not have a delete option on the bottom row of my call log, i need to hit the BB key to get the delete option. and as for the "last name, first name" that can be adjusted in options and language, perhaps the update just reversed it, to be honest i have always had mine set that way so i wouldn't have noticed with .132 Hope that helps!
    04-29-09 02:26 AM
    ive been watching these forums for over 2 months now but this is my first post. i just upgraded to .132 and i am sorry i was such a chicken sh*t to try it sooner. it was almost to easy.
    04-29-09 03:10 AM
    been using .132 for a couple days no problems yet
    I'm with ya! I'm so glad I'm not seeing all these problems. I'm a VZW user and I downloaded the first night it came out. No hybrid, just the standard .132 load. Its doing just fine. Quick enough, not as much clock spin. Even Youtube is working again. I pull my battery about once every two days just because. But nope...no problems.
    Kinda hoping the new OTA OS comes out early May like they're saying on Blackberryos.com guess we'll see. I was considering reading thru and finding out more about the 5.0 software but now I'm kinda scared to rock the boat cause this is going so well.
    Sorry everybody else is having issues. Really sucks for ya, I know.
    04-29-09 04:57 AM
    i also do not have a delete option on the bottom row of my call log, i need to hit the BB key to get the delete option. and as for the "last name, first name" that can be adjusted in options and language, perhaps the update just reversed it, to be honest i have always had mine set that way so i wouldn't have noticed with .132 Hope that helps!

I don't even have a call log anymore!!!
    04-29-09 10:32 AM
    Loaded this OS last night. Had an error when it finished loading and tried to restore the backup. I went in and restored the backup myself no problem but it will no longer access email. I can't even connect to the email server for some reason. Any ideas how to fix this other than a battery pull or reregistering the device or calling*228?
    04-29-09 11:48 AM
    Did you try to send service books to see if it fixes your email issue?

Loaded this OS last night. Had an error when it finished loading and tried to restore the backup. I went in and restored the backup myself no problem but it will no longer access email. I can't even connect to the email server for some reason. Any ideas how to fix this other than a battery pull or reregistering the device or calling*228?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 12:33 PM
    My Memory after upgrade to .132 is at 29.9mb after 3 batt pulls. Anyone know what that prob. might be?
    04-29-09 12:34 PM
    Also, how to you resend the service books. I called VZW one day, and thats what they had me do. They said to delete some fo the books, then something else, and they downloaded.

Help.
    04-29-09 12:37 PM
    Test. Sorry. I just found the wapforum....testing it from my phone.

04-29-09 12:47 PM
    Ever since upgrading to .132, my youtube app doesn't not work, I deleted and re downloaded and still doesn't work. Anyone know how to fix this?

My YouTube app works fine and I'm on .132, no issues.
    04-29-09 01:01 PM
    Really angry with this update. For some reason, device manager doesn't show any of the os files that I've installed on the computer (yes, they've been installed normally, I can see the files on my xp machine in Common files/Research in motion/shared/loader files). I saw another person with that problem on this thread, and the suggestion to manually start the loader to do the process. Well, I did that. The problem is that starting the upgrade that way doesn't automatically backup and restore the contents of the phone the way DM does, and I got shafted without a current backup on my pc. I think that I have a current one courtesy of smartguard, but since all the programs are gone I have to reinstall them to find out. The DM restore doesn't restore backed up programs, and I do have those backed up. Bah. Not a good OOBE on this upgrade.

I'm seeing 36 MB, about 10MB better than after a normal reboot, but none of my 3rd party programs are installed. We'll see after everything is restored.
    04-29-09 03:22 PM
    Hello All.

upgraded from .75 straight to .132 (just got my Storm a few days ago)

Installed the update this morning. Only issue with the install was that it did not automatically transfer all my apps, contacts, and messages. Had to do the manual restore. Internet did not work until I updated the service books. Everything works great so far. Scrolling is much faster. Internet much faster. Hardly any hourglass anymore...

Glad I found this place! Thanks!
    04-29-09 06:44 PM
    NoOb question.
    I finally took the leap and upgraded from .75 to .132 and going through some connection issues found I was in Global so I changed to 1XEV and did a diagnostic test. It came back Registered to Verizon. Is that a bad thing?
    04-29-09 07:07 PM
1,933 ... 7273747576 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD