does anyone know if this new OS fixed the video camera freezing issues? i use my camera and video camera alot and i hate that most of the time the video will freeze and i have to pull the battery and wait for for ever and a day for the phone to reboot
    04-27-09 10:27 PM
    I installed .132 and now it hurts when I go pee. Does anyone know the fix to this?
    04-27-09 10:29 PM
    ok i must be doing something wrong...
    i went from .75>.113>.122 and i still do 3 or 4 battery pulls a day. start up is at 5min and then i am only on 29.6MB at startup.

will .132 solve my issues?
    What apps are you running? 3-4 battery pulls a day is way too much!
    When I was running .122 I only had to do a battery pull every 2 days or so, my guess is that you have a serious memory leak with one of your apps.
    04-27-09 10:36 PM
    Ever since installing .132 my storms been acting up with the video player. After i load a video when i close out of it and return to my main page and rotate it to portrait mode it will have the player buttons (play, stop etc). The only way I've found to fix thus far is a battery pull. Anybody else having this problem?

I have several third party games and apps installed any number of which may be glitching with the new OS. Wasn't sure if anyone else has had this.

Otherwise .132 is great! Faster boot and smoother transitions! Thanks for the leak!
    04-28-09 03:26 AM
    .132 is very nice, the only problem i have is the camera crashes and powers down the storm after 3 photos, now i have pictures save to the SD, not internal so who knows, but i can not take more then 3 photos or the storm will freeze and reboot
    04-28-09 04:22 AM
    I installed .132 and now it hurts when I go pee. Does anyone know the fix to this?
    do a battery pull 5-6 times.
    04-28-09 05:47 AM
    Issues that I am still seeing and have been seeing for months...

-Locking still has a 1-2 second delay.
    -Unlocking is normally good, but sometimes it also has a 1 second delay or so.
    -Clicking (not holding) the blackberry button sometimes brings up the switch applications menu instead of the main menu.
    -While in the browser, clicking the back button sometimes takes me completely out of the browser instead of just going back a page.
    -Clicking Green talk button does not always take me to the screen that I have set as default. Other times, when it does, clicking the green button again, to call the last person I talked to (Defaults to my call log), sometimes takes me into my contacts list instead of dialing the selected person in the call log.
    -Camera is better, but still seems to auto focus twice before snapping the picture.

These issues have been around for months...and they are really my only complaints with the phone at this point...and none of them are major issues, which is great. Basically I am really happy with the phone, but some of these things are just minor and annoying and I would think they would be relatively easy fixes...
    04-28-09 07:21 AM
    Am I the only one who's not too happy with 132? I went from .75 to .113 to .132 and in my experience .113 ran a lot smoother. With .132 when I get a call the callers name is off center, switching view modes is slower, sometimes i get a static kinda screen, YouTube stopped working. The upgrade procedure went without a hitch so i'm not sure whats going on... thinking of downgrading back to .113
    04-28-09 07:41 AM
    Can anyone assist me with my DM troubles? I still cannot see the .132 after I have downloaded it and opened it. I have downloaded numerous other leaked OS's with not trouble but now it just does not work. I have vista if that makes any difference.
    04-28-09 07:47 AM
    After reading much of this thread, it seems those on .113 are less happy w/ .132... I'm pretty happy w/ .113 so I think I'll wait out for the next.
    04-28-09 07:57 AM
    Hey I need some help on the call log screen has any one noticed that it now lists the last name first and then the first name which is opposite of earlier releases also the delete option is missing on the bottom row of the call log, can anyone confirm this on theirs?
    I need help with the above, anyone...........
    04-28-09 08:02 AM
    sorry guys i know this is kinda against forum rules but I'm at work and I can't review the last 122 pages.

Ever since i installed .132... my phone thinks that headphones are plugged in when they are not.

I can't speak or hear on a phone call.

Has anyone had this trouble?

I'm trying to downgrade to a lower software, perhapps .112 to see if it fixes the problem
    04-28-09 08:30 AM
    Can anyone assist me with my DM troubles? I still cannot see the .132 after I have downloaded it and opened it. I have downloaded numerous other leaked OS's with not trouble but now it just does not work. I have vista if that makes any difference.
    I had that problem first make sure you've deleted vendor.xml

This can be found in:

C:\Program files (x86) \ Common Files \ Research In Motion \ App Loader

Then make sure you've downloaded and installed the installation package for .132

Finally run a program called loader.exe found in that same directory.

That basically runs the app loader independently of DM... should fix ur issue.

Fixed it for me.
    04-28-09 08:33 AM

do a battery pull 5-6 times.
    or maybe he needs to stop pulling it
    Last edited by peterr22; 04-28-09 at 08:40 AM.
    04-28-09 08:37 AM
    Ever since .113 the leaks have been going down hill

color is screwy, screen blurs when i switch to landscape, freezing, browser is slower.....nothing good really
    04-28-09 09:34 AM
    You might want to use a cream for that one
    04-28-09 10:03 AM
    As i am sure many may have said this.

But i noticed today looking at My Pictures they were rotated upside down but when i viewed them they where corrected . And I get the accelerometer to switch from Landscape to portrait fairly fast. But if there's a message being created the screen has a lot of trouble setting the key board correctly so its all distorted . Like a odd hybrid of the Suretype and QWERTY . The Phone app seems like it's working perfectly now ( but everyone knew that :-) )Battery life seems to be drained a lot faster then before, even after turning off Logging the phone seems to be losing a lot more then before ( no change in use or e-mailing from previous use. )Browser is working better , still a little slow rendering large Java files , but its becoming better. Before i noticed the icon for Profiles wouldn't switch it's icon profile color if there was a change on the Home screen ; now it shows proper color of current Profile . Bluetooth audio works a lot better , i don't get random shutdowns when my Car (s) are being turned off like before. Or even if i just ended a call. Music in MEDIA works seamless, no random song starts or slow rendering of songs. Fastest start up I've seen yet ( but that's been said a million times. No snowy fuzz on the screen like before after opening or closing programs. On a end note the last thing I've noticed is a very small memory leak. Nothing to any large extreme i just sometimes catch it. Nothing a battery pull app or a real pull can't fix.

Overall its one of the best I've seen to date. I work for Verizon so i see a lot of .75 issues and this isn't anything near prefect but it's night and day from .75 i can't wait for it to start/finish it's testing.
    04-28-09 10:21 AM
    132 working awesome for me. One problem tho, cant view video on websites. What am i doing wrong? any suggestions or anyone know what my browser settings should be? Thnx
    04-28-09 12:40 PM
    I've lost me Call Log Icon for the home page since the update. I've search the all the posts i could find with my resolution. I don't seem to be the only one either. Is there away to restore it?
    Anyone HELP Please?????
    04-28-09 12:59 PM
    132 working awesome for me. One problem tho, cant view video on websites. What am i doing wrong? any suggestions or anyone know what my browser settings should be? Thnx
    Their probably flash based and the storm's browser can't do flash.
    04-28-09 01:10 PM
    I had that problem first make sure you've deleted vendor.xml

This can be found in:

C:\Program files (x86) \ Common Files \ Research In Motion \ App Loader

Then make sure you've downloaded and installed the installation package for .132

Finally run a program called loader.exe found in that same directory.

That basically runs the app loader independently of DM... should fix ur issue.

Fixed it for me.
    Ok this is going to sound dumb but I cannot find program files and the common files. The only thing I can find is Blackberry and that only leads me to DM?
    04-28-09 01:19 PM
    So i finally got it to revert to .75 (blah) and the phone works at least like normal now.

I'm afraid to go back to .132..

NO ONE else has had that headphone problem??? its so wierd.
    04-28-09 01:27 PM
    After I installed .132 I no longer have the ability to generate SMS (as though I had turned it off via a BES IT policy)

Anybody have any clues?
    04-28-09 01:30 PM
    I highly recommend using Google Sync so that you can have your calendar backed up for this exact reason. I didn't have my calendar wiped post-install, but still, the concept of back ups is that you will never have to worry.
    There is definitely a major calendar sync bug with .132. I also lost all my calendar events, and now I can replicate it consistently in the following manner:

1. Create event in Entourage.
    2. Sync with BB using PocketMac - item shows up on BB.
    3. Sync AGAIN with BB - item is now "detected as being deleted" from the BB, asks me if I want to restore to my device or not. If I say no, boom it's gone and then so is the item in Entourage.

Same thing happens using iCal instead of Entourage.

For this reason alone I am going to have to consider downgrading. I cannot have my calendar events being wiped out, and I shouldn't have to be making sure it works right manually each time.
    04-28-09 01:48 PM
    Their probably flash based and the storm's browser can't do flash.
    Gotcha, thanks
    04-28-09 02:22 PM
1,933 ... 7172737475 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD