Do that when you're on a call. I had this yesterday on .122. Had to pull it in and out slowly while on a all - took 5-6 tries. Sounds bizarre but true.
    i tryed that and everytime i pulled the headset out it disconnects
    04-24-09 03:25 PM
    Using .132. Took a still with the camera. After I took the shot, the screen turned black and a little bar appeared center screen (like a save bar). Then it rebooted itself.

My first reboot ever with any version of the OS.
    04-24-09 03:34 PM
    I mentioned this in a thread I created, but it definitely appears to be something new about this OS.

Okay so, just like everyone else, I've been having a very positive experience with .132 -- enough so to consider it the best OS released for the Storm thus far.

Something is a bit different about a behavior that I noticed about this OS that simply hasn't been present in any other that I've seen. Who knows maybe this was an accident or maybe it's an actual underlying improvement that has been made to the OS.

Anyway, here goes. I connect my Storm to my PC for the night to allow it to charge before the next day. When I finally decided to go get my Storm what is it that I see? I notice that my background picture is different (it's back to the default)

The moment I actually place my finger on the screen, my previous custom background instantly returns, the performance is noticeably improved and when I check my app memory, it has shot up to 47MB.

The moment I actually put my finger on the screen however I saw a quick message pop-up that said "recovery complete"

It seems to me that the Storm while being idle for a certain period of time automatically recovered significant amounts of app memory? I can guarantee a number of things.

#1 It didn't randomly reset itself as a memopad that I was working in was left open, just like it was when i left it last night and my Eminem radio was still open in Pandora.

#2 I don't have any application set to automatically reset my Storm at any particular time.

#3 I have no special memory app of any kind installed -- I have something installed that I won't mention, but it surely is not designed to do whatever it is that happened to cause this behavior

I really believe that this could be a new functionality in the Storm OS.
    04-24-09 03:44 PM
    ^ that would be the most amazing thing ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 03:46 PM
    So now I have a couple of days of .132 under my belt and what I am seeing is that once I use the GPS, even for a small amount of time, the battery quickly (20% + per hour) is drained. I didn't have this problem on .122 or .113. I think the GPS is staying on permanently instead of shutting down during periods of inactivity. I base that on the conclusion that the observation that Storm turns into a hand warmer shortly after starting up GPS.

I am also seeing periodic java exceptions when trying to do resets using Meterberry to reset, or after application install reboot requests. I have also had several device hangs. I didn't really miss these when they went away after .103. But I agree that the user interface is a little quicker in some cases.

Feeling like I might want to go back to .122 tonight and wait on the next release.
    04-24-09 03:47 PM
    I was Saying Thank You ! not no thnaks

This headset problem happened to me once after an upgrade.

Try plugging the headset into the jack and while it is seated, push it in with a touch more force and then remove the jack and try to make a call. If that does not work, try to wiggle it while it is seated in the jack or turn it a bit.

This sounds strange and YMMV but I did those things and one of them worked for me.
    04-24-09 03:56 PM
    This headset problem happened to me once after an upgrade.

Try plugging the headset into the jack and while it is seated, push it in with a touch more force and then remove the jack and try to make a call. If that does not work, try to wiggle it while it is seated in the jack or turn it a bit.

This sounds strange and YMMV but I did those things and one of them worked for me.
    i am trying to do a wipe now with Jl Cmdr and try to load .122
    04-24-09 04:01 PM
    Hey guys I'm new to this forum, but I've been installing every leaked OS that came out.
    Anyways I always use my Storm to watch movies on the subway. Since I installed this OS, none of the files I could watch before work. They are all either .avi or .mp4. I even tried converting them using various converter and still had no luck. Sometimes it plays halfway through then gives an error message or sometimes it just wont play it at all. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
    Any ideas on a fix? I'm thinking of downgrading.
    04-24-09 04:05 PM
    ^ that would be the most amazing thing ever.

I wonder if anyone is noticing this.
    04-24-09 04:21 PM
    Had my first real problem with .132 just a bit ago and it was massive. I finally got around to playing a video and testing the stereo BT support. Well, it didn't go well. First the video I played first had choppy video and after about a minute the sound went all garbled just like in .109. Hmmm, so I backed out and played a different video and the picture was fine, but again after about a minute the sound garbled. Switched to a third vid and same problem except that when the sound started to garble again it did a random reboot.

I was going to plug the phone in after that and downgrade back to .122 since I never had a single BT sound or video problem and not a single random reboot with it. But then I decided to just give it another try. Now it's been working fine for the past 15 minutes. Will see....uh, never mind...as I'm typing the sound just farked up again! ISHT!!!

Back to .122 I go....
    04-24-09 04:21 PM
    I'm back to .122. Way too many issues in this post & my install was totally botched! What a waste of 3 hours!!!
    04-24-09 04:26 PM
    Had my first real problem with .132 just a bit ago and it was massive. I finally got around to playing a video and testing the stereo BT support. Well, it didn't go well. First the video I played first had choppy video and after about a minute the sound went all garbled just like in .109. Hmmm, so I backed out and played a different video and the picture was fine, but again after about a minute the sound garbled. Switched to a third vid and same problem except that when the sound started to garble again it did a random reboot.

I was going to plug the phone in after that and downgrade back to .122 since I never had a single BT sound or video problem and not a single random reboot with it. But then I decided to just give it another try. Now it's been working fine for the past 15 minutes. Will see....uh, never mind...as I'm typing the sound just farked up again! ISHT!!!

Back to .122 I go....

Haven't noticed such an issue. Is it possible that the videos are incorrectly encoded?
    04-24-09 04:27 PM
    OK All i am in need of help i have wiped 4 times and re installed but when i go make a call it still tells me that i am using a headsset and it wont let me switch back to the handset nobody can hear me and i cant hear them >>>>!!! HELP PLEASE
    Had the same problem ......

went from .113 to .132, and no calls in or out. went back to .75 phone works great ! reinstalled .113, and no phone. install ever OS leak out ther and still no phone. gave up after (5) hours, and went back to .75
    04-24-09 04:28 PM
    BobPenn,
    I had this issue with .122 as well with the camera locking & then rebooting. I fixed it by using CrackUtil and copying the .114 camera file over. Camera is perfect again. Fast, accurate & no reboots.
    04-24-09 04:29 PM
    Haven't noticed such an issue. Is it possible that the videos are incorrectly encoded?
    Don't think so...it's only a problem with the bluetooth; regular headphones and throught he phone speakers it's fine. BT worked perfectly on .113 and .122. Hopefully it will still be fine when I get back to .122. If not then I guess I'll be back to .132 for another round...lol!

Edit: Yep, it's fine now on .122. Guess I'll stay here until something really revolutionary comes along, um, or whatever the next leak is...
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 04-24-09 at 07:14 PM. Reason: edit
    04-24-09 04:31 PM
    I upgraded from .75 to .132 with absolutely no problems. No problems with any of the issues that have been posted here.

Browser is much faster. Accelemeter (probably misspelled) is a little better. Overall performance is improved. Not as sluggish as .75.
    04-24-09 04:36 PM
    Hey guys I'm new to this forum, but I've been installing every leaked OS that came out.
    Anyways I always use my Storm to watch movies on the subway. Since I installed this OS, none of the files I could watch before work. They are all either .avi or .mp4. I even tried converting them using various converter and still had no luck. Sometimes it plays halfway through then gives an error message or sometimes it just wont play it at all. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
    my movies all play the same.
    04-24-09 04:45 PM
    People have started to complains that they can't hear me very well. Sounds like mush. Anyone else have that prob or a fix?

04-24-09 04:55 PM
    Everything had been going great with .132 until I received a phone call while tethered. When I disconnected from my lap top to take the call, the clock stayed up but the call went through. As soon as I ended the call an error flashed across the screen faster than I could read it the phone went and rebooted. No going back to .122 just yet, but I was disappointed since .132 had been working flawlessly for me up to that point.
    04-24-09 04:57 PM
    Just upgraded, no problems so far. Mem at a solid 33. We'll see after about a day or so.
    04-24-09 04:58 PM
    So far (knock on wood) this has been the best OS for me, I haven't noticed any problems and the mms is fixed...I came from .113
    04-24-09 05:19 PM
    Just upgraded to 132 and I can't figure out how to have my Call Log displayed on my application list. It used to be there on .75 but is now only accessible via the top of the phone screen.
    04-24-09 05:36 PM
    Had the same problem ......

went from .113 to .132, and no calls in or out. went back to .75 phone works great ! reinstalled .113, and no phone. install ever OS leak out ther and still no phone. gave up after (5) hours, and went back to .75
    I had the same issue, I had to revert back to .75.
    04-24-09 05:41 PM
    i have found that pressing backspace is a lot quicker and more responsive now in text messages and browser

finally the storm is getting to where it should be
    04-24-09 05:43 PM
    I get errors too sometimes. For me it will play and give me an error. I click ok and just hit the play button
    And it picks up where it left off. I was on .103 when it did it to me. Hasn't done it to me yet on .122. I haven't upgraded to .132 yet.

04-24-09 05:44 PM
1,933 ... 5960616263 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD