05-22-09 06:33 PM
1,933 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    I've never wiped my BB, do I do this before I install a new OS or after?
    04-24-09 02:52 PM
    I went from 75 to 132 and I do like it better, however the battery draining is unbelievable!

I'm losing 13.3% per hour without heavy use. For most of the time it's been idle.

This was not an issue with 75.
    04-24-09 03:02 PM
    i wish verizon would put out a update what a bunch of slow people
    It really doesn't make much of a difference if they make it official or if you use the leaked version. It's better that 75 so go for it. It's really easy to do if youfollow the instructions. This is my 4th beta and I don't regret doing any of them.
    04-24-09 03:03 PM
    I love it. After I took off my vista theme my phone is user fast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 03:05 PM
    All,
    I have upgraded to .132 from .122 & I have a menu instead of a theme. No icons, etc. Take a look at the screenshot. I've done a couple batter pulls to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm probably missing a .cod file, but I'm not sure which one.

Thanks.
    04-24-09 03:08 PM
    ok i wiped with jl commander and now re installing .132 hopfully this works
    04-24-09 03:11 PM
    I've never wiped my BB, do I do this before I install a new OS or after?
    to help with the battery issue go to
    options>mobile network> change the network setting to 1XEV
    that should help with the battery issue
    04-24-09 03:11 PM
    I dunno folks ... .122 > .132 seems like not a big deal. Negligible improvements ... the browser is definitely better ... everything else is about the same. There have been a few "little things" that will take me some time to experience based on usage to see if there is any change from .122 ... the install went smooth, all my apps work ... can't complain about that ... just not a thriller update for me so far ... having to reregister everything for this seems like a bit of a time waste ... but I like playing with my Storm as much as the next guy and if it doesn't "brick" the sucker it's fun to play with ...

Boot up memory about the same ... boot up time 4 minutes flat from battery pull, about the same, maybe a bit quicker ... one thing I will say, Google Maps, Trapster, VZ Navigator, Poynt, really any GPS-enabled app located me extremely fast and really accurately even indoors. That is a noticeable difference IMHO.

Anybody notice that Pandora appears on the menu no matter what app you're in? ... I need to shoot some night photos or flash photos to see if the camera improved. It works fast in daylight for sure but after dark the pix are so grainy they are embarrassing and the flash doesn't seem to help, and yes, I have tried different lighting settings besides Auto ... I think I may try dropping the resolution down from Superfine-Maximum to see if a less complex image will photo better in low light ...

Meterberry is showing the same behavior with memory rising and falling as apps are opened/closed or MemCleaner runs ... too soon to tell on battery life ... SpeedTest results are virtually identical to .122 results so from my home location the radio is still dead-on 1XEV and 451kbs down 332kbs up sustained transfer ... from work it is usually better.

Not much else to add, time will tell ... OS .109 was a personal fave until it started getting kludgy after about 2 weeks of use ... OS .122 was a solid performer both for battery life and steady memory management for me ... when I updated to .132 a few hours ago I hadn't pulled the battery on .122 for over 8 days, just a MeterBerry soft reset every morning while on the charger and it never got sluggish. I've got .122 waiting to get reinstalled but I'll stay with .132 and give it a chance as long as it doesn't start leaking battery or memory.

Your mileagte may vary ...
    04-24-09 03:12 PM
    That's really strange. I've used all the leaked OSs and never noticed drainage like that. I'm also a fairly heavy user, but I've never ahd an issue where I couldn't get through 1 whole day before needing a charge.

Note: all your phone's accessories (battery included) have a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, and should be able to be swapped at any dealer of your provider.
    Ya I'm starting to think it may be the battery I just got back from the Telus dealer with new battery it only has 25% on it from the factory so I will let it drain and do a full charge, Im hoping it's not my unit that would be a major pain in the ****!
    04-24-09 03:13 PM
    to help with the battery issue go to
    options>mobile network> change the network setting to 1XEV
    that should help with the battery issue
    Awesome thanks, I had this set on 75 and it must have reset during the 132 install. Hopefully this is it!
    04-24-09 03:13 PM
    The only thing I have had happen was in the key board was stuck being shown. That was about 12 hours after install and did a battery pull and it is gone.
    04-24-09 03:21 PM
    I am coming from .114 and everything seems good except one major drawback for me:
    when reviewing emails, and I select one to delete, I no longer have the option to delete on mailbox & handheld. The only option is to delete. Even selecting this option does not actually delete from the mailbox.

Has anybody else experienced this?
    Here's the thing: if I use the icon labeled "Messages" to check email then it doesn't ask me whether to delete from both phone and mailbox or just from phone. However, if I go into my email using the icon labeled with my email login, then it does ask whether to delete from phone or both phone & mailbox. A bit inconsistent...
    04-24-09 03:24 PM
    Why are there so many different battery reports? That's the one thing that scares me about upgrading. I'm on 114v3 hybrid and my battery life is good! It lasts about 12 hours with heavy use. I don't wanna lose that!
    04-24-09 03:25 PM
    All,
    I have upgraded to .132 from .122 & I have a menu instead of a theme. No icons, etc. Take a look at the screenshot. I've done a couple batter pulls to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm probably missing a .cod file, but I'm not sure which one.

Thanks.
    How do you like it, compared with using your Storm with the icons?
    04-24-09 03:25 PM
    Well, I really like the speed of the menu, but I need my icons. Plus, I'm at 43mg free memory, so that's good.
    04-24-09 03:29 PM
    OK All i am in need of help i have wiped 4 times and re installed but when i go make a call it still tells me that i am using a headsset and it wont let me switch back to the handset nobody can hear me and i cant hear them >>>>!!! HELP PLEASE
    Last edited by ffamily4805; 04-24-09 at 03:33 PM.
    04-24-09 03:30 PM
    Well, I really like the speed of the menu, but I need my icons. Plus, I'm at 43mg free memory, so that's good.
    have you tried wiping and reloading with JL Cmder? I would be tempted to keep it like that for a bit, just for the novelty!
    04-24-09 03:33 PM
    OK All i am in need of help i have wiped 4 times and re installed but when i go make a call it still tells me that i am using a headsset and it wont let me switch back to the handset nobody can hear me and i cant hear them >>>>!!! HELP PLEASE
    You tried connecting some real headphones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 03:33 PM
    yes and it didnt work
    04-24-09 03:34 PM
    I've seen someone else with that issue - I believe they said to plug in a headset, then remove it slowly. There have been people on this thred with that issue. If you look through here, you may be able to find the exact information.
    04-24-09 03:34 PM
    Wiping is my last option & I'll try that next. I was hoping I just missed a .cod file that controls the menu and/or theme.

I'll give the forum a few more minutes & wipe it. Damn RIM! Release a pimped out OS & we don't have to upgrade every 2 weeks to find improvements. I'm a gluten for punishment.
    04-24-09 03:37 PM
    Quick update ... after opening and reregistering every app so that they all downloaded whatever they download and then doing another battery pull the boot up time increased to 5 1/2 minutes ... I assume this is because it now had to load a bunch of cached data from haing connected to all my apps. This is no better than .122 and I wonder how people are getting 2-3 minute boot up times unless they are stripping the OS with Shrink ... My available memory after a battery pull is 34.1mb about the same as .122.

My current apps:

Visual Voicemail
    VZW Navigator
    BB Maps
    Google Maps w/Latitudes
    Flickr
    YouTube
    All the "To-Go" apps
    Poynt
    Trapster
    SpeedTest
    Opera Mini
    BB FileScout
    Solytare
    Storm Slots
    Storm Yahtzee
    Champion Chess
    Space Travel
    Lights Out
    Pandora
    PodTrapper
    Slacker
    Flycast
    IHeartRadio
    moodio.fm
    RDM+
    AP Mobile News
    SitOrSquat
    TeslaBerry
    Easy Button
    iBee Farting
    TWSS
    Hockey News
    Starry Night Online
    Level
    eReader
    American Airlines
    Dictionary.com
    Drudge Report
    Lang to Lang
    IRL mobile
    NFL mobile
    The Onion Mobile
    ORB2
    Visible Vote
    Storm Wiki

The last 8 or so are really launchers so they don't count as apps. Holding steady at 31.3 mb memory free after last reboot. All is well.
    04-24-09 03:37 PM
    bluetooth is MUCH improved over .113 for my camry.
    04-24-09 03:42 PM
    I've seen someone else with that issue - I believe they said to plug in a headset, then remove it slowly. There have been people on this thred with that issue. If you look through here, you may be able to find the exact information.
    i did look through and all that was found was put a headset in and slowly pull it out but that is not working
    04-24-09 03:48 PM
    Ok..I've used most of the leaks and such here is my official review of 132.

I am a professional driver and use my phone A LOT.

• Speedy and Responsive
    • No Random Reboots
    • All Aps work perfectly

• Sometimes the phone will take a few seconds to switch to the caller ID when it starts ringing. Not a huge deal but a bit annoying.

I came from 122 and I had annoying reboots and phone freezes all the time. It seemed that my phone would freeze whenever I recieved an email, or bmm while on a call. (which happened often) The call would still go on, but as soon as I hung up the phone it would freeze. It would also freeze if I didn't wait for at least 30 seconds when I recieved an alert from bmm or email. I've had that problem since .76.

I am totally impressed with my 24 hours so far. Not huge leaps and bounds ahead of 122 but no random reboot is enough to justify the upgrade for me.
    04-24-09 03:50 PM
1,933 ... 5758596061 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD