05-22-09 06:33 PM
1,933 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    Well I installed .132 around 3:00pm today, and was playing around with it for a while. It is well put together, and seems to have what I am looking for. One thing I realized was that with this OS I can stream videos to my phone without having to save then b4 viewing. For example, when I used weatherbug b4 and went to watch the video of today’s weather, I was always prompted to save the video b4 I could view it. But with .132 I don’t need to save the video b4 viewing, I can stream it. I don’t know if this has been mentioned b4, but hope it helps.
    04-24-09 02:02 AM
    Could someone explain to me what memory leaking is? and how to check for it?
    Tap your phone on the edge of the counter like an egg and see if anything comes out....

or search
    04-24-09 02:06 AM
    ok the battery and memory have been great, i'm in the car right now on my pc and my BB has been running trapster for about 5 hours now and i've been sending and receiving tons of sms and tons of browsing, and taking a bunch of pictures and my memory is still around 40 and i still have battery left, truely amazing
    I hope you were NOT driving
    04-24-09 02:20 AM
    Tap your phone on the edge of the counter like an egg and see if anything comes out....

or search
    Get real ! Comics not welcome
    04-24-09 02:21 AM
    To watch for memory leaks "Tadh" i use meterberry from the CB app store

Worth alot more than 2.95 for the soft restart alone !!

Also, as I stated way earlier in this thread, I am a huge fan of this .132
    Best OS leaked yet.. IMHO
    Last edited by Maples; 04-24-09 at 02:27 AM.
    04-24-09 02:25 AM
    Well, I have discovered a couple of very useful fixes coming from .113:

Audio from Visual Voice Mail, and audio in MMS messages will now play through my Bluetooth headset. It wouldn't with .113.

The keyboard seems a little more responsive, in all aspects.

I have only had it up and running for a few hours, but those were the issues I found with .113 that have been corrected for my unit.

I love my CrackBerry, By God!

Thanks Kevin.

Scott
    04-24-09 02:25 AM
    Click "HELP" on home screen, then select the "BlackBerry HELP! website".

The browser will load, and the icon will reappear on the home screen.

This happened to me when I upgraded to .113... Tried this procedure by accident. But it worked!

Scott
    Hi! I tried that but I still get this error sign
    "Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device."
    I haven't had this problem until I upgrade my device to .132.
    What should I do? Please help...
    04-24-09 02:27 AM
    HELP!!

Just upgraded from .75 to .132 and now i'm having a lot of connectivity issues.. berryweather, pandora, and google maps can't connect, internet won't load sites.. what's wrong?

i didn't see anyone else reporting the same issues.. so i don't think it's a problem with the OS.. i can make calls and send/receive sms ok.. i don't know what to do.. help!
    I don't have any of these issues. Try several battery pulls .If that doesn't work downgrade to maybe .122 then reinstall .132 .
    04-24-09 02:31 AM
    Hey all,

I'm new [this was my first leak on my first BB]... but on my way fast to becoming an addict with all of the excellent posts!

I could use some help though, please. Just upgraded to .132 and I am having trouble adding a folder. Here's the catch, if I am in AppleBerry theme, then I can add a folder just fine. If I am in the standard theme it refuses to add the folder. I tried a couple of battery pulls. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    04-24-09 02:38 AM
    How do all of you have 50 mb of free memory? I finally came from .75 and I have more memory then I use to, but the highest I get is 28 mb. I only have a couple of games and garmin on my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 02:40 AM
    After running for 13 hours I am at 70% battery charge. With 122 I would have had to recharge twice in that time. Memory is leaking about 500K per hour but that never seems to affect the way the phone works. This is the best battery performance I have seen with any OS. 122 had better memory but drained my battery in a few hours.
    04-24-09 02:48 AM
    Hi! I tried that but I still get this error sign
    "Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device."
    I haven't had this problem until I upgrade my device to .132.
    What should I do? Please help...
    You need to resend your your service books...you can use the search function in this forum and type in "resend service books" to figure out how to do it...

Or

Just cliick options>advanced options>host routing table>bb button>Register now...

personally after doing this I do a battery pull and then you should see your brower icon back..
    04-24-09 02:48 AM
    The *22899 is used mainly when just programming a phone, you would want to use option 2 when updating the roaming, like to get better coverage.

the stores use the 99 one so they dont have to press 1 when activating customers phone so they can continue to do everything on the computer.
    Thanks... End user need not ever have to use *22899 then.

~X
    04-24-09 02:56 AM
    My blacklight timeout does not work. I set it to 20 seconds and the blacklight stays on the whole time. This kills my batter life since i dont have a sleep mode holster.

anyone get this problem or know how to fix it?
    04-24-09 03:30 AM
    i have a backlight issue. It does not turn off. I have it set to time out at 10 seconds but it never goes off. This kills my battery life since I dont have a sleep mode holster

04-24-09 03:31 AM
    i have a backlight issue. It does not turn off. I have it set to time out at 10 seconds but it never goes off. This kills my battery life since I dont have a sleep mode holster

04-24-09 03:33 AM
    HALLELUJAH! Finally a release that completely fixed the MMS problem AND the LED issue and did not break anything else (that I can see after about a day of use). Now they just need to tweak the camera some more and we will be ready for official release!

Memory leak is minimal.
    04-24-09 04:02 AM

mine was doing the same thing... hold the END call button to turn the phone off real quick and than turn it back on in 5 secs. this should fix your problem
    04-24-09 04:10 AM
    Ok guys I have tried everything. I updated from .75 to 132 all went well except I cannot get browser back and I cannot access email setup to send service books.
    I have tried to send routing tables and no tables load even when it says it is sent. I have done the *228 and updated programming. I ran the diag and no help. I loaded backup files and have my service books back in the phone.
    What am I missing? I can't get the internet access to work?
    04-24-09 04:20 AM
    I have also done 3 battery pulls.
    04-24-09 04:21 AM
    mine was doing the same thing... hold the END call button to turn the phone off real quick and than turn it back on in 5 secs. this should fix your problem
    i just tried it three times and it still doesnt work . neone else got ne ideas?
    04-24-09 04:23 AM
    Ok guys I have tried everything. I updated from .75 to 132 all went well except I cannot get browser back and I cannot access email setup to send service books.
    I have tried to send routing tables and no tables load even when it says it is sent. I have done the *228 and updated programming. I ran the diag and no help. I loaded backup files and have my service books back in the phone.
    What am I missing? I can't get the internet access to work?
    Well...I hope someone else has a better idea then me but...If i were you i would go back and reinstall 122 or 75 and then start over again with a fresh install of 132... the reason being that whatever you do to recover those lost bits will probably not fix it all. Once an os is fractured it is best to just start over again.
    75 and 122 are available to download around here someweres...
    04-24-09 04:28 AM
    Thanks for quick response. I would I did one last regular turn off of the phone and the routing tables lit up and services books just flooded my phone all seems well. Verizon must of been dozing off this late hour it was a 2 hour delay from sending tables, lol. Thanks again!
    04-24-09 04:31 AM
    Thanks for quick response. I would I did one last regular turn off of the phone and the routing tables lit up and services books just flooded my phone all seems well. Verizon must of been dozing off this late hour it was a 2 hour delay from sending tables, lol. Thanks again!
    Sometimes at this hour the books and *228 do not go through...hard to speculate why but yesterday i had to wait til the a.m. to do a successful reprog.... curious...
    04-24-09 04:38 AM
    Rgr that probably some tech just woke up and hit the button and said darn night owls, lol.
    04-24-09 04:42 AM
1,933 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD