i will second the signal strength. i came from .113 and was just at a spot near my house where i always drop the call. i sailed through the spot and the caller said i sounded as clear as before i went through the spot.
    04-23-09 04:32 PM
    Okay, I love the upgrade, but I am searching all over and can not find my icon form my SMS/MMS - when I get a SMS message it is showing up in my messages folder but the normal icon I have for SMS/MMS is nowhere to be found???????
    Hey this is for people who have been using the new OS for some time now.....Is portrait to landscape seem like its getting more sluggish as time goes on??? It was a heck of alot quicker earlier today but now it seems like its slowing down and taking alot longer to get to landscape to portrait? Portrait to landscape is still pretty quick?

Anyone else encountering this?
    If anyone is going to comment on the speed or memory leaks can you PLEASE DISABLE ALL THEMES first. They are often coded poorly and slow down your phone large, and I'm starting to get pretty damn sure they're a main cause of the mem leaks everyone is always whining about
    i agree and also some apps.. people will talkin about mem leak and then say "i used viigo or weather bug" LOL!!!... and ur phone has to settle in.. even thou it doesnt drop for a while doesnt mean it loaded everything.. give it sometime.. both for the phone to load and relax.. and for u to calm down from the New OS Excitement.. (NOSE) lol lmao.. i just created that.. yes i did lol.. calm down from the NOSE lol
    04-23-09 04:33 PM
    Okay, I love the upgrade, but I am searching all over and can not find my icon form my SMS/MMS - when I get a SMS message it is showing up in my messages folder but the normal icon I have for SMS/MMS is nowhere to be found???????
    Go to Messages and Options and see if its showing as seperate or together?
    04-23-09 04:34 PM
    I just upgraded from .75 to .122 two days ago and I was BLOWN AWAY with the difference. Everything was smooth and I didn't see the spinning clock once. However, my app mem was still around 12-13mb.

Just installed .132 and compared to .122

has been a little laggy at first. (reminded me of .75 )

keyboard switch from portrait <> landscape is laggy

about a 2 second delay when you lock it to it respond but unlocks quickly

HUGE APP MEMORY JUMP FROM 12.5 to 35.7 (after running every app I use)

Viigo seems to run smoother but that program is touch and go

Slacker buffers and plays quicker

Scrolling webpages is much smoother

No real change in data speed (from what I can tell)

Anything is an improvement from .75

04-23-09 04:35 PM
    go to ur message option and make sure ur messages and sms/mms are seperate
    04-23-09 04:36 PM
    so we may never see the sexy beautiful colors of the .75 storm of old days

I dont know about u but i miss my sexy beautiful colors
    i wish there was a way to adjust it wheither you want better color or better performance

can anyone get a screen shot of the color banding issue? is it that bad?
    04-23-09 04:36 PM
    All seems well. Fast Radio and memory consistently over 50 with use.
    04-23-09 04:37 PM
    If anyone is going to comment on the speed or memory leaks can you PLEASE DISABLE ALL THEMES first. They are often coded poorly and slow down your phone large, and I'm starting to get pretty damn sure they're a main cause of the mem leaks everyone is always whining about
    If only that were true I would know where my mem leak is coming from. I don't use any themes, and have deleted all apps that I have heard are sources (such as weatherbug)....

...And on .75 and .113 both I still loose app mem over the course of the day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 04:37 PM
    Go to Messages and Options and see if its showing as seperate or together?
    w00t, that was it!

Thanks as always smart people! One day I hope to be more smarter

Oh yea, been using all my apps like normal and after a full day under .122 I was down in low 20's by now - right now it is sitting at 39.5 .

Do ya'll do *228 option 2 after an upgrade?
    Last edited by markyoung04; 04-23-09 at 04:41 PM.
    04-23-09 04:39 PM
    i agree and also some apps.. people will talkin about mem leak and then say "i used viigo or weather bug" LOL!!!... and ur phone has to settle in.. even thou it doesnt drop for a while doesnt mean it loaded everything.. give it sometime.. both for the phone to load and relax.. and for u to calm down from the New OS Excitement.. (NOSE) lol lmao.. i just created that.. yes i did lol.. calm down from the NOSE lol

HAHAHAH good call jp! you're the author there

NOSE

I love it man! You heard it here first folks!
    04-23-09 04:39 PM
    Thanks MrsFAB for the tip...much appreciated!!!
    04-23-09 04:40 PM
    MMS fixed!

Browser is crazy fast. Better than the 5.0 by far!

Portrait qwerty seems to be much more accurate and easier to use.

Camera is basically perfect.

Video camera now starts recordung instanyly on press.

Everything is better.

This blows away all other leaks and hybrids by a large margun.

So stoked!

Memory improved with full install better than .122 shrunj even!

crap....now I've got no choice but to upgrade....lol!
    04-23-09 04:40 PM
    I would give it a few more days the phone reboot may have fixed this issue
    I will thanks for the reply . So far its ok with typing uh Browser seems the same to me. Lets see far as viewing pictures loads quite fast very pleased. What else Camera seems the same not a quick pic takes couple sec like 1 2 3 snap or 1 2 snap not like one click snap but yea. Accelerometer uh when going from Portrait to Landscape is fast but going back to portrait is still little slow, I'll be pleased when the accelerometer goes fast when your in landscape and go back into portrait . Umm BUT the accelerometer is fast when you open apps and texts emails etc. but the main screen with the accelerometer is alright but not instant yet. So i will give it the weekend so yeap
    04-23-09 04:41 PM
    HAHAHAH good call jp! you're the author there

NOSE

I love it man! You heard it here first folks!
    lol thank you thank you lol..
    04-23-09 04:41 PM
    If only that were true I would know where my mem leak is coming from. I don't use any themes, and have deleted all apps that I have heard are sources (such as weatherbug)....

...And on .75 and .113 both I still loose app mem over the course of the day.

Can't account for everything...and it could be ANY app outside of the usual suspects...h3ll it could be a combination of apps with conflicting code.

There may be OS mem leaks, but the problem is that when people use memory hogging programs and themes coded by joe shmoe, the number of variables you have to sift through to find a leak or cause for sluggish OS increases massively.

If we cut down on the variables, we will be able to get to the bottom of problems much quicker.

If people keep using the SAME apps and themes that were a problem before, we have NO way of knowing whether the new OS solves that problem.
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 04-23-09 at 04:44 PM.
    04-23-09 04:42 PM
    Hey, how does it feel to people who upgraded from .113?
    Sorry, don't have time to go through 65 pages & I'd like to know if it is worth it.
    I really can't say I notice any difference to 113. I am not exactly a power user either though.
    04-23-09 04:42 PM
    crap....now I've got no choice but to upgrade....lol!
    real talk, this is prolly the best stand alone leak.. it compares well to the most current hybrids and crushes the previous leaks .. try it and just relax from the NOSE!! lol dont forget to check in and let us kno how things turn out
    04-23-09 04:44 PM
    I'm running .122 now with no problems, is it worth upgrading to the .132?
    04-23-09 04:47 PM
    Wow 1000 replies in less then 24 hours

Last edited by peterr22; 04-23-09 at 06:20 PM.
    04-23-09 04:48 PM
    I'm running .122 now with no problems, is it worth upgrading to the .132?
    IMO overall speed is better

accelerometer is more responsive

Memory seems tighter - still high 30's after full day's use.

very happy I did this upgrade
    04-23-09 04:50 PM
    I went from .131 (.113 w/ .131 Java) to .132, no wipe. Everything is great except for I'm in and out of 1XEV to 1x. Don't know if it's the upgrade or Verizon is having issues in my area? Anyone else experiencing this???
    04-23-09 04:50 PM
    Help! I cannot download this OS. Help!
    I click on the link above and then it takes me to a rapidshare website. I click the free link (there is a free and premium) and it takes me to the file link. When i click on the file no other boxes pop up to run or save or download. I cleared all my browser settings (cookies, history) and rebooted my computer. When i try again it states that it recognizes my ip address and i should wait for that file to be done downloading. If i click on the link again to download, it takes me back to the rapidshare website (free/premium). Am i doing something wrong or is this normal? I do not see any timers appear either.
    Anybody?
    04-23-09 04:51 PM
    Just upgraded about an hour ago

-BT Audio when watching video is still there
    -Boot time is reduced by a minute or so
    -Browser seems faster
    -Camera is snappier
    -Video camera actually works when just clicking the screen instead of holding down the record button for a second or 2. (Made 6 test videos, each varying between 10 and 20 seconds)

-Still lag on browser, improved but still there
    -Lags when trying to unlock phone, improved but not too much
    -Color banding for those who care, for me, no big deal at all

Overall, this seems better but I'll have to wait at least 24-48 hours before giving a good review. As far as memory issue, it was good for me in .113, it was just a few apps that had effects on that.
    04-23-09 04:52 PM
1,933 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD