Does anyone remember seeing your message indicators when going from home page to browser? Or any other screen for that matter. I don't believe the indicators would show up when you were browsing. Won't be the last time if I'm wrong.
    I believe i saw it in most screens with the exception of most app screens
    04-23-09 10:57 AM
    unless im not doing something right, it has not fixed the bug that makes it ring while in the holster. All my settings are set to turn sound off in holster, but it still goes off. I know its recognizing the holster because it turns of the screen. Any thoughts/fixes?
    04-23-09 10:59 AM
    I went from .75 to .122 and it seemed battery life was the same. Is it better from .122
    04-23-09 11:04 AM
    does the background change back to the original vzw screen after a batt pull

because .113 .114 and the .122/5.0 hybrid would alll do that
    04-23-09 11:05 AM
    I believe i saw it in most screens with the exception of most app screens
    Yeah, I can't remember. Slept last night and still had what I thought was the latest leak (.122) till I woke up this morning lookin at CB Mobile to my surprise. I loaded .132 without even doing a backup and using app loader.exe.
    Thanks for the feedback. I think it might have been there too. But it there now regardless. I like it.
    8 hours and 6 battery pulls and I cant send email. I keep getting a "Deliver Status Notification (Failure) message. Resent service books, ran diagnostics and even for my yahoo acounts, I receive, but can't send.

Anyone have another suggestion....besides downgrading back to the .122/.109/.86 MMS mix?

EDIT: Just got the boot.........random re-boot that is......not looking good for me at the moment....
    Last edited by bad_boy321; 04-23-09 at 11:11 AM.
    I've never updated an OS because of what has happened. I downloaded .132 and ran it and updated through desktop manager. Now, I can't get my email folder to show up and I can't send emails. My calendar is completely gone and all of my contacts are gone. How do I fix this? Thank you.
    04-23-09 11:08 AM
    Mem leak is crazy! One hour after battery pull down 5 mb and I havent even picked up the phone!!!!
    I just went from .75 to .132 and my browser not working? any ideas?
    lol. i just installed and now have a nice white screen...it's never as easy for me as it seems for you all....said i was missing reminder file b/c of digital signature missing... ???
    04-23-09 11:09 AM
    I just went from .75 to .132 and my browser not working? any ideas?
    Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Tables>Menu Button>Register
    04-23-09 11:10 AM
    does the background change back to the original vzw screen after a batt pull

because .113 .114 and the .122/5.0 hybrid would alll do that
    I have never had that issue
    I installed this last night before going to bed, did a battery pull went to download Pandora and during download got a random reboot. Powered back up and I went back to re download Pandora. After that I messed around with Pandora for a bit and then closed the App (hitting the back key till I got to my home screen. Set the phone down and woke up to a dead battery (50% of battery life when I went to sleep)
    is a wipe necessary to success when update a new OS... i did it for .113 a couple weeks a ago and dont really feel like going through it again.... anyone??
    04-23-09 11:11 AM
    so, can someone send me a link to wipe phone....
    04-23-09 11:13 AM
    haha try it you will notice a difference trust me 3 one minute battery pulls is what makes my phone run better on any OS
    Do you also wash you hands 4 times after touching a doorknob? LOL.
    04-23-09 11:13 AM
    went from .75 to .132
    browser not working, it says :Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.
    Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device.

HELP.....
    04-23-09 11:14 AM
    you need to wipe when downgrading or going between some hybrids, but if your going from say .113 to .132 a wipe isnt needed
    04-23-09 11:15 AM
    Those of you with problems with missing apps, are you going into options in DM right before you load the OS and checking off all the apps you want re installed? Those of you with Email and Browser problems should re send service books then do a batt pull...

Anywho,
    Memory leak in my device is 5 MB after a few hours. Hasnt gone down any further...
    Also, After making the device work hard (Tons of Web Browsing and Photo Viewing) some simple things like Lock and Unlock show an hour glass for a split second.
    I don't post much in the forums, but I sure spend a lot of time on these forums. It's so infuriating reading one-sentence reviews of each new OS release that don't answer any questions, I'm gonna do a thorough post of my findings. Hopefully it helps.

I went from .75 --> .113 --> .122 --> .132 and the only problem I had was the browser disappearing on this upgrade. Easily fixed by re-registering the host routing table, though. Quickpulled after that and my memory was ~4 megs higher than I've ever seen it, but that's still not much of a difference.

Most of you won't care about the detailed stuff, so scroll to the end for my overall impression.

THE GOOD:

To test the browser I loaded 3 sites before the upgrade & after: The New York Times mobile site, Raysweather.com, and the ESPN.com mobile site. NY Times loaded much faster after the update, and scrolling was definitely smoother, no stuttering at all like it did before the update. Raysweather.com also loaded faster, but I don't think it's internet speed, just the time it takes to render the page. That's still an improvement. The graphics on the site seem to be rendering a bit smoother, but maybe that's just the Crackberry addiction placebo effect! ESPN.com loads about the same, but scrolling is smoother for sure. Hardly any stutter.

As someone stated earlier, Blackberry Messenger does seem to pop up instantly, as opposed to a short pause like I got before. Just like the memory improvement, it's faster but not a super-noticeable difference unless you're looking for it.

As far as Media goes, as someone mentioned earlier, viewing pictures is faster than under .113 or .122. Half-second pause before showing the selected pic. Negligible difference, but still noticeable.

Videos load up MUCH faster through the media player, and exit faster. Seems silly, but on .113 and .122 I used to have to wait ~10 seconds just for a video to stop. Now it's instant.

Navigation through the Storm just seems faster to me, but there's no real way to quantify that. It will probably be different for everybody.

THE BAD:
    I did lose all my Calendar entries, and even after restoring the backup file they don't show up. Google sync took care of it (Phew!) but that's a risk some may not want to take.

When the screen shuts off, sometimes it doesn't come back on the first press. VERY obvious difference. I'll click it a few times, and it still takes ~10 seconds to come back on. This is only an intermittent problem, but gives me a scare each time it happens.

A problem I had with .122 is still there. When I lock the Storm, it gives me the 'working' symbol for half a second, then looks like normal. The Storm is locked, but it doesn't show the locked screen change until I touch the screen. It unlocks just fine. A minor annoyance, but it's still there.

My Storm has been on for 1 hour, and memory has dropped 5 megs so far. This is probably because I ran just about all my apps to test them out, so it may actually be a good thing that it's still so high after all that.

OVERALL:

I'm definitely satisfied with .132. While many people will say it's hardly better than .113 or .122, it IS still better. Considering there's still no official release from Verizon (my carrier), just remember that .75 is what most users are still running, and this update is WORLDS beyond that old raggedy thing. Each update brings definite improvements, so I would say if you're willing to take the risks we all know are involved, you should absolutely update your storm to .132.

Good post! Thanks for the clarifications on things.
    you need to wipe when downgrading or going between some hybrids, but if your going from say .113 to .132 a wipe isnt needed
    yeah, but i now have no screen on the phone. It's a pretty white. i.e. ... cant use phone.
    04-23-09 11:16 AM
    went from .75 to .132
    browser not working, it says :Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.

HELP.....
    Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Tables>Menu Button>Register
    addressed above: to fix your browser problems
    I've had 132 on since last night and it's running awesome. This is what I did:

Backup up the device
    Wiped with JL_Cmdr
    Installed 132
    Battery Pull after startup
    *228 1, *228 2
    Restored device
    Battery Pull
    installed my favorite 3rd party apps from Blackberry App World
    Running awesome!

Findings (upgraded from Bell 122)
    - Not a battery drain that I can notice
    - Accelerometer seems the same as 122
    - Internet - A bit faster
    - All 3rd party apps seem ok (Facebook, AOL IM, Google Talk, Poynt, Slacker Radio, Pandora, Quickpull V2, Weatherbug)

Evan
    went from .75 to .132

HELP.....
    for me it takes a few minutes for the browser to come back. if that doesn't work try dialing *228 or resending the host routing tables
    ... back to the point i started up with 42mb compared to 35mb on .122
    I started at 42 as well instead of 32!

thats the only difference I see so far!
    04-23-09 11:17 AM
1,933 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD