What is this 3 battery pull I keep hearing about? When upgrading do you need to perform a batt pull in a sequence?
    04-23-09 09:43 AM
    Wow this seems much faster to me. I slimmed it down with shrinkaos before installing it. Didn't remove everything, but definitely the things I would NEVER use. Anyway, I'm at 50.3 MB after a reboot and believe it or not it was the same after the load without the reboot. Browser is significantly faster as is every thing else. I'm impressed. Hopefully it stays that way. If so, I could care less when they come out with an official.
    04-23-09 09:43 AM
    Yes, you have to delete the vendor file because this is not an official verizon release!!!
    That's not true. It's an unofficial release for the Verizon 9530 so it will have the Verizon vendor file.
    04-23-09 09:44 AM
    Has anyone ever had a problem backing up? It goes through the entire process and then gives error message "problem with backup" it saves a file with 0.0 file size.

Sorry if this is not the correct forum for this question, just want to back up before i download new os. last time i lost all my info.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    If you did the 122/133 hybrid leaks a few days ago, will this still work?
    Read another chapter and get back to me
    And check your facts before you post, please!
    Please read the links you flame people over before posting.

From the link you posted: If you're using unofficial software or a software version from a different service provider other than your own, after the installation wizard is done you will need go to the Apploader folder and delete the Vendor.xml file.
    04-23-09 09:45 AM
    People always say a new OS is :

-"Snappier"
    -Faster Browser
    -More mem
    -Less lag

Yet whenever I load new OS, from 113 to 114 hybrid to 122 to 132. I notice the most minuscule differences, if at all. If the browser pattern kept getting faster as everybody has been saying, it would be faster than the iphone by now.

Does anyone notice any SERIOUS changes? Or are people just hyped that we got a new leak?
    04-23-09 09:48 AM
    Browser with JS still sucks ballz.

Not enough time with everything else yet, but I don't really have any other complaints about the device besides memory management.
    So how's the battery, memory and reception with this OS?
    the only reason I am going to let this download take a while (half hour) is because I hear there is no typing lag. OMFG ITS ABOUT TIME.
    04-23-09 09:49 AM
    the only reason I am going to let this download take a while (half hour) is because I hear there is no typing lag. OMFG ITS ABOUT TIME.
    what is your current OS.
    04-23-09 09:50 AM
    Hey i just got the new os but uhm when it was almost done in the desktop manager and it said connecting to device, the device already was finished and it put me the the set up and then all my settings and most of my apps didnt transfer, which i guess is because it didnt finish on the desktop manager, but also when it came up my computer said unknown device and now i keep trying to open an reopen the desktop software to restore my stuff and it wont pick up my phone? I have no idea if or how this is fixed ...
    04-23-09 09:52 AM

-"Snappier"
    -Faster Browser
    -More mem
    -Less lag

Yet whenever I load new OS, from 113 to 114 hybrid to 122 to 132. I notice the most minuscule differences, if at all. If the browser pattern kept getting faster as everybody has been saying, it would be faster than the iphone by now.

Does anyone notice any SERIOUS changes? Or are people just hyped that we got a new leak?
    I AGREE 100 PERCENT!!!
    Found: after getting a BB messenger message it jumps into BB messenger WAY faster.

That is a great improvement for me! I was noticing BB messenger getting slower and slower the longer I used it without a battery pull on .113
    well i found another download link...15 minutes.

and I know i don't have that many posts, but I am very observant. i am running .114 and there is so much lag on typing. when I come back and give my verdict on .132's typing, take it as a serious critique because the lag on .114 makes me never want to receive texts that i need to respond to. it's that bad.
    Hey i just got the new os but uhm when it was almost done in the desktop manager and it said connecting to device, the device already was finished and it put me the the set up and then all my settings and most of my apps didnt transfer, which i guess is because it didnt finish on the desktop manager, but also when it came up my computer said unknown device and now i keep trying to open an reopen the desktop software to restore my stuff and it wont pick up my phone? I have no idea if or how this is fixed ...
    someone had this same prob, and i hope i dont have it, but try to transfer the restore files again.
    04-23-09 09:53 AM
    I AGREE 100 PERCENT!!!
    ill let you know, as i said, if the typing lag is fixed. and the browser speed has gotten faster over time, but remember it's still 3G so there is not much improvement they can make to the speed.
    04-23-09 09:54 AM
    So how's the battery, memory and reception with this OS?
    To early to tell with the battery for me, but reception seems good so far.
    04-23-09 09:56 AM
    Whats The Point Of Even Downloading These Beta Os's? Its Just A Waste Of Time, **** Aint Even Official Yet!!! Lmao
    lol...i hope u joking....hense the lmao
    04-23-09 09:56 AM
    yes unfortunately depending on the app
    thanks...i figured. i was hoping for some sneaky way to NOT have to...lol.
    04-23-09 09:57 AM
    Thank you...THANK YOU!

I started reading...saw like 3 people trying to answer these questions and I was like "Oh my God, does NOBODY get it?"

This thread is 50+ pages....and it's the questions I asked...over...and over...and over.

And EVERY thread about a new OS leak is the same thing.
    well im glad u did that maybe now it wont be missed
    Started with 52MB app memory.

Have removed all docview apps, vznavigator, all messaging apps but AIM, deleted wordmole(****ty game anyway) no GPS ****, no jap fonts installed,

Games installed:
    Brickbreaker, tetris, nintaii, Next dual pack, table tennis

Apps:
    BBfileScout
    MeterBerry
    Patternlock
    Vlingo

Stock apps,
    Calculator
    Vid camera and camera
    Voice notes
    App center
    Calendar
    Clock
    Browser
    Media
    Phone
    Music
    AIM

Avg battery discharge rate 2.5% an hour since 1:40 AM eastern
    Start memory 52.5MB Current after mem clean = 49.4
    uptime 9h:32min
    signal -86dBm

Good so far
    Accelerometer seems fast and responsive, typing is fast, browser seems good depending where I am

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    To early to tell with the battery for me, but reception seems good so far.
    How's the internet on it? Have you been able to play with it long enough to notice dramatic memory loss?
    04-23-09 09:58 AM

-"Snappier"
    -Faster Browser
    -More mem
    -Less lag

Agree, I see no difference at all since .109. After that pretty much nothing. As a matter of fact, My phone is slower than ever. I believe that I have caused this by a) Using the Genesis Theme and b) Weatherbug. But dam, I would like to be able to run apps that have been designed for the Storm without all these problems!

I guess if I go back to the stock non-theme that came with the phone and deleted all the apps then maybe I would see some of this faster, snappier, more memory that everyone talks about, but then it wouldn't be a 'smart" phone anymore, would it.
    Last edited by MarcSt; 04-23-09 at 10:02 AM.
    04-23-09 09:58 AM
    Has anyone ever had a problem backing up? It goes through the entire process and then gives error message "problem with backup" it saves a file with 0.0 file size.

Sorry if this is not the correct forum for this question, just want to back up before i download new os. last time i lost all my info.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    i had this problem before. Go to your browser...bb button....optons....clear cache, cookies, etc...
    04-23-09 09:59 AM
1,933 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD