Just upgraded from .75 I was trying to hold out for an official, but I caved with this release.

Issues I am having...

- Switches from 1X to 1XEV to 1xev As before I had a constant 1XEV
    - Locking/Unlocking still very slow (using storm slider to eliminate issue)
    - In media it takes ages to load the first picture and or thumbnails (depending which view you are attempting)
    - Battery life seems lower
    - Color banding

The good...

- I have 10 mb more memory on average. Stays around 28-32 mb. After a few days use with no battery pull then drops down to 11-15
    - Keyboard is better, doesn't seem to lag when typing
    - Overall phone seems faster/snappy
    - Camera is incredibly faster than .75

Misc...

- I don't notice any difference in browser speed
    - Never had any trouble with MMS

Overall a good OS in my opinion. Does need some improvements

Question... How are some of you guys getting your memory up to 42-47 mb? Highest I have gotten is around 36
    04-29-09 06:20 PM
    Hey there.

I just bought my Storm a bit less than a month ago. I spent a couple of months deciding whether to go with the Storm or an iPhone. But finally the Storm won out because Verizon is better for me -- at work our drivers are supplied with Verizon cell phones and so being on Verizon myself allows them to get hold of me a much as they need to and it doesn't count against my minutes. I'd tried combining a plain old phone with an iPod Touch but I just got tired of having to fill up my pockets with two gadgets.

Anyway, I'm still running OS .75 and I've gotta say, I really don't see what is so bad about it. Granted, I'm not a power-user and I don't have it loaded up with dozens of apps, but I've yet to see a random reboot, any serious lag, any problems with the keyboard, memory leak, or rapid battery drainage.

The only gripe that I have with the unit is that the camera is just so danged S-L-O-W.

I'm tempted to install .132 but at the same time I don't want to have to spend all of the time doing that only to find that I have to spend more time going back to .75 because I end up having all of the problems that some users are describing.

So, being at .75, do I just not know what I'm missing in not upgrading to .132? Am I just not putting my Storm to hard enough use to notice the problems with .75?
    04-29-09 06:38 PM
    How can i download BBM to my phone my replacment phone doesnt have it..
    04-29-09 07:21 PM
    My theme doesn't respond, it looks normal, but when I touch an icon, it takes me to the home page, instead of opening up that icon item...
    04-29-09 08:25 PM
    Alright, first glitch... All off a sudden my screen messed up: it shifted to the right 25%, meaning my right most icons were on the left... That make sense? After a quickpull all is good again... Wierd.l

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 08:29 PM
    Bad memory, more glitches, a little slower, but MMS works (YAY?). I donno what to say about this 1. I'm just gonna stick with .113 and wait for .141 (or is it .142?) for the 9350. Can't wait.
    04-29-09 08:44 PM
    anybody out there know if registering my storm with a diagnostics test after upgrading to .132 is going to be a no-no for me? But actually the worst that can happen is I lose my 1 year warrantey status I suppose. Any thoughts???
    04-29-09 08:51 PM
    By the way, I like the .132 over the .75, way faster on screen change, also you get full qwerty on phone use. Also, on screen lock you have to physically hit the unlock button even for the screen to light up. Bette for the battery
    04-29-09 08:54 PM
    I upgraded my storm to .132 a week ago. But I cannot access internet all of a sudden in this morning. I cannot send/receive emails, bb messages, or surfing the website. Anybody has any idea what i need to do about this? I pulled my battery a few times already. It was no use......
    04-29-09 10:04 PM
    I upgraded my storm to .132 a week ago. But I cannot access internet all of a sudden in this morning. I cannot send/receive emails, bb messages, or surfing the website. Anybody has any idea what i need to do about this? I pulled my battery a few times already. It was no use......
    on your phone go Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table
    hit your BB button and select Register Now.
    04-29-09 10:18 PM
    i just installed the .132 to my storm.. but im curious what the Findings and Fixes thread actually does to the storm...
    also another question: after installing the .132 my emails arent sending correctlygoing.. it cant only be saved as a draft... HELP PLEASE... or ill have to call customer service ... THX
    04-29-09 10:39 PM
    i just installed the .132 to my storm.. but im curious what the Findings and Fixes thread actually does to the storm...
    also another question: after installing the .132 my emails arent sending correctlygoing.. it cant only be saved as a draft... HELP PLEASE... or ill have to call customer service ... THX
    refer to the post right above yours.

*edit* or if you feel you want to try something "different"... lol
    on your phone go to Setup > Emailing Settings
    hit BB button (blackberry button) Service Books > Send Service books
    Last edited by parkson; 04-29-09 at 10:43 PM.
    04-29-09 10:41 PM
    on your phone go Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table
    hit your BB button and select Register Now.
    hey! thank you for replying back to me.
    i tried what you suggested, but it still doesn't work.
    is there anything else that i can do?
    04-29-09 11:25 PM
    i see no color banding. correct me if im wrong, but im just not seeing any color changes compared to .75.

if anyone knows where I can get this wallpaper that would be great, thanks
    04-30-09 01:37 AM
    if anyone knows where I can get this wallpaper that would be great, thanks

stormgrounds.c*m/search/top/1/

i get new one every few weeks from here great site for wallpapers...sorry for weird way of posting site im newb here and wont let me put site in
    Last edited by RoscoeDpG; 04-30-09 at 02:06 AM.
    04-30-09 02:02 AM
    Well, now that I've restored my phone, I've learned some things about the backup systems I use that are my main point of concern. My findings after a day and night on the new OS (upgrade history .75 > .109 > .113 > .132) :

Much better memory management. With all apps restored [opera mini, vzappzone, meterberry, bbfilescout, bb app world, speed test,extra light, smrtguard, slacker, capture it, ibee farting, hp25 calc], 50 contacts, and about 100 messages, and ~350 calls in the log, I boot with 42.2 MB, about 16 MB more than I did with .113. Also, it still shows 25 MB after nearly 24 hours, inclucing some heavy use yesterday afternoon and evening. Yay!

Accelerometer is much faster than .113. Honest, it's nearly instantaneous now. Not that it was bad in .113, but this is nicer; it reminds me of .109, which was also faster than .113.

No change in battery behavior(?). I lost about 10% overnight (10:30 to 7:30) which is just over 1% per hour. That's the same as it was on .113. Though between 7:30 and 9:30 with web and email usage, it dropped 15%! But I didn't keep good track of battery behavior in .113 because I didn't have any problems so I'm not really sure if that's more or less than before.

Copy & Paste seems a little easier to control than in .113, which also had the new system.

Smrtguard crashes during backup & restore; this is with the most current version of the beta. This never happened with .113. Anyone else using this program that has this problem? I've got some major issues with how smrtguard restores email and have contacted them about that. But that's
    outside the scope of this thread.

No other new annoyances so far & I don't see any noticable change in the browser the way some have reported.
    04-30-09 10:38 AM
    using cackutil will it overwrite the net_rim_bb_ribbon_app.cod with the one from .132 or do I have to delete the .142 cod first...and thanks!
    04-30-09 11:40 AM
    I am having issues with the alarm not being able to change the type of alarm tone. I rebooted a couple of times and still get that issue.
    04-30-09 12:32 PM
    Alright, first glitch... All off a sudden my screen messed up: it shifted to the right 25%, meaning my right most icons were on the left... That make sense? After a quickpull all is good again... Wierd.l

Second glitch: happened last night, when I rotated to landscape to type, it first showed me suretype keyboard, then it changes to the full keyboard from the portrait orientation, so it didn't span the width of the screen in landscape. After about 10 seconds it switched to full keyboard, full width, and it was working again. so wierd. anyway, did a quickpull reset and it works normally again, but no explanation for the wierd happenings...
    04-30-09 01:51 PM
    Hey everyone. Noob here. Just got my Storm on Saturday, and I've been lurking on here since then as well. Tried my luck at doing the .132 upgrade, it went smoothly. I do notice the color banding, having just upgraded from the stock .75, but it's livable. Memory started around 35 MB, and after an hour has only dropped to 32 MB, which is more than I was starting out at after a battery pull on .75. Accelerometer seems to be snappier, as does pretty much everything overall. Anyways, just a noobs 2 cents.

I also wanted to say that Crackberry is awesome so far. All the info I have wanted about my new Storm I have been able to find here. Thanks!
    04-30-09 09:25 PM
    so far so good - except my QL
    04-30-09 09:42 PM
    I too have just completed the upgrade. Love it so far...
    05-01-09 02:12 AM
    Only problem thus far is when I snooze my alarm, the subsequent alarms no longer have audio...

05-01-09 06:57 AM
    noob here i am having issues with the .132 it is draining y battery way to fast. i used to get a day in a half. now i am barly making it threw the day on a full charge any way to fix this problem?
    05-01-09 07:53 AM
    e-mail issues. I am unable to recive e-mails since updating. I have tried to resend the service book and a battery pull. Please help. I am also unable to pull up the two different folders show all is not availible. Thanks
    Last edited by JKHildi; 05-01-09 at 02:23 PM.
    05-01-09 01:58 PM
1,933 ... 7374757677 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD