I upgraded from 113 to 132 and now when i boot up vz nav it says request can't be processed and when i open my browser it goes super slow and page does not come up? anyone having these issues?? how to fix?
    I posted this a few pages back:

*press the phone key
    *press ##000000 then press send
    *scroll down til you see SIP password (it should be blank)
    *put in vzw
    *now hit menu key and save (You will see some type of message, I forgot what it is)

Now try to go to the web. Hope this helps.
    04-26-09 08:47 PM
    .122 to .132 here. I don't use YouTube, so no biggie on that one.

Only things I have noticed are:

• Browsing is faster, but the backspace occasionally exits the browser instead of going back a page.

• Accel is quicker.

• 40+MB and holding.

• No Reboots.

• Battery life is good.

• GPS takes longer to locate.

• The radio is having trouble keeping the gain correct (jumpy 1XEV)

• Odd distortion on screen for a fraction of a second coming out of lock.

• QuickPull will not restart on schedule (have to manual)
    I noticed my radio issues went away, which were exactly like everybody elses as soon as I set my connection to 1XEV, not global, and hit no when boot up asked to select best connection. I no longer have the 1xev 1x issue like I initialed had and had with the previous leak.
    04-26-09 09:01 PM
    First time upgrading - downloading the 132 now - for a newbie feels like quite a risk - someone let me know that this has worked for you!! thanks ahead of time
    04-26-09 10:01 PM
    Have had it since friday, went form .114 V3 Hybrid to .132 & here's wat i see...

Typing seems smoother
    Phone seems to run smoother
    The browser, I don't use it so much, so I can't really tell if it's better or worse.
    The only thing that's bugging me is, when i'm on Gtalk for a long time, my phone freezes up at random times. I'll have to do a battery pull. Gets back on Gtalk and then after a bit, same thing.

Anyone else have the same problem?
    04-26-09 10:02 PM
    I'm new to Blackberry's and new to the Storm....just uploaded 132 today. Initially I received an error message and the entire phone went blank. So, I went to the backup on Desktop Manager and was reinstalling my good old 75. After it was successfully installed, much to my surprise the install was 132...very strange. It was my first attempt at upgrading, so I'm sure it was something I did.

The unit seems to respond faster and the upgrade has left me with more memory.

I lost all my tasks and my 3rd party apps, but everything else seemed fine. I also can't find the camera icon anymore....I just use the right button, so it's not a major issue.

My major snafu at this point is that there is what appears to be a media player 'skin' of some sort on the home page. The image only appears in the portrait mode, but I can't get it to go away. I've tried closing all apps and rebooting, but it still shows up. It's very annoying because while it isn't functional, it does hide the bottom row of icons....

Anyone run into this before or can you help me get rid of it?
    04-26-09 10:11 PM
    I posted this a few pages back:

*press the phone key
    *press ##000000 then press send
    *scroll down til you see SIP password (it should be blank)
    *put in vzw
    *now hit menu key and save (You will see some type of message, I forgot what it is)

Now try to go to the web. Hope this helps.
    This fixed my email problem. Thanks
    04-27-09 12:04 AM
    I'm new to Blackberry's and new to the Storm....just uploaded 132 today. Initially I received an error message and the entire phone went blank. So, I went to the backup on Desktop Manager and was reinstalling my good old 75. After it was successfully installed, much to my surprise the install was 132...very strange. It was my first attempt at upgrading, so I'm sure it was something I did.

The unit seems to respond faster and the upgrade has left me with more memory.

I lost all my tasks and my 3rd party apps, but everything else seemed fine. I also can't find the camera icon anymore....I just use the right button, so it's not a major issue.

My major snafu at this point is that there is what appears to be a media player 'skin' of some sort on the home page. The image only appears in the portrait mode, but I can't get it to go away. I've tried closing all apps and rebooting, but it still shows up. It's very annoying because while it isn't functional, it does hide the bottom row of icons....

Anyone run into this before or can you help me get rid of it?
    I had this same problem with the media player; after three battery pulls it finally went away.
    04-27-09 12:09 AM
    Okay so weird issue has popped up in the last 24hrs...not sure if anyone else is having thing issue. But when I click my application key to pull up my June while sending an sms. Or opening a webpage. My storm will go to my application menu instead of my menu of options for that function. As well I can be scrolling through web pages and want to go back a single page. I will hit my back button, and rather than going back a page it will close my browser. Anyone else having this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 01:30 AM
    Installed this yesterday upgraded from 122. Not a problem or an issue to report as the install went flawlessly. I can't say i see any increase over 122 but I'm an upgrade freak (like the rest of you) so i just had to do it. It took about half an hour. The install backs you up but I would suggest backing up prior to the install.
    Last edited by roban; 04-27-09 at 06:20 AM.
    04-27-09 06:14 AM
    Thanks for the infos. It good to know before I upgrade.
    04-27-09 06:23 AM
    04-27-09 08:20 AM
    *knock on wood* installed this on Friday, got an error message on the calendar, reset default calendar settings, and all is working like a champ. best OS I have used yet (75>99>109>132) and I really like how the accelerometer works faster and everything seems to flow smoother.

Thanks Kevin
    04-27-09 08:36 AM
    My findings:
    Pro's:
    texting is much better/faster
    Keyboard responds and engages quicker
    Call clarity is good
    no issues with video or camera

Had one reset on its own after pulling out of holster
    accelerometer is not as fast as .122
    the app switching is a little slower
    color banding still present
    battery life still the same, not awesome but acceptable
    memory leak still present
    04-27-09 08:47 AM
    First 3 negative things to add:
    On a call and decide I want to turn on Bluetooth, hit BBkey and "Send to Bluetooth" the phone crashed and rebooted..

Then, on a call and I get an email, call disconnected. I thought I couldn't get data while using voice, but some how it gave the data prority...

Each of those has happened only once in the short time I've been using .132, so it could've been a fluke.

Also noticed the screen garbling up (like snow on old TV's) momentarily when quickly switching portrait to landscape..

I'm still liking the password behavior I noticed below...

I have password protect and 10 Min time out to lock the phone (BES IT policy settings). I came from .122 and so far I've noticed some changes to the locking feature:

After battery pull, screen is locked. Touching screen doesn't turn on the backlight and pressing a key pops up the "Screen is locked, press the unlock button to unlock the screen" message.

And this one I find really convenient: When I pull the BB out of the holster, it immediately pops the password entry screen. Saves me two steps: press screen, then select unlock.

That's the most obvious I've noticed so far.
    Last edited by LoSt180; 04-27-09 at 09:01 AM.
    04-27-09 08:58 AM

- Phone reboots on its own when USB is plugged in
    - Screen gets all digital blurry from time to time during screen changes
    - When i receive an alert audio drops to 1/2 of what it was. (Very annoying)
    - Ive had 2 very bad call quality calls since update. Everything sounds so fuzzy
    - Phone crashes if i activate camera from within BBM
    - Lost green focus box in camera
    - keyboard still not as responsive if you were listing to music then switch to SMS
    04-27-09 09:11 AM
    Battery drain

MMS works
    Memory was better
    Over all, great improvements
    04-27-09 09:21 AM
    If you set color contrast under Options/Advanced/Accessibility to Greyscale or Revese Contrast, on the home screen when you go into landscape from Zen it goes back to black/blue (normal color). The only way to get landscape to match is to bring up all the icons first with Menu and then flip to landscape, but if you flip the screen to the other side for landscape (upside down), even if you bypass the portrait mode, it'll flip right back to black/blue.
    04-27-09 09:25 AM
    I personally love this new OS. I have better memory than I had with .122. My Storm seemed laggy when going from portrait to landscape but when I took off my iVista 2 theme everything got way better. Fast switches, no lag when going to home screen. I run Pandora alot on my phone and I have noticed that sometimes the buttons in that program dont always seem to take right away. I wonder..OS or Pandora? Im thinking Pandora as everything else seems ok but I wonder if it is because Pandora is contantly streaming and making the phone lag.
    04-27-09 09:26 AM
    If you set color contrast under Options/Advanced/Accessibility to Greyscale or Revese Contrast, on the home screen when you go into landscape from Zen it goes back to black/blue (normal color). The only way to get landscape to match is to bring up all the icons first with Menu and then flip to landscape, but if you flip the screen to the other side for landscape (upside down), even if you bypass the portrait mode, it'll flip right back to black/blue.
    i'll be dammed. you are completely right.

lol - at least MMS isnt wonky anymore

04-27-09 09:30 AM
    i'll be dammed. you are completely right.

lol - at least MMS isnt wonky anymore

lol, there hasn't been a single OS currently in production for (almost all BBs) I haven't been able to find at least (1) bug in. There's a lot more in this OS, but most have been mentioned, with the exception of this issue. lol
    04-27-09 09:33 AM
    Gmail issue:

I noticed today that my alert for the Gmail application is gone. .75 and bell .113 also had no alert for gmail specified in the profiles, but .122 had fixed that issue and included a section in the profiles for gmail. .132 seems to have once again removed that setting unfortunately.
    04-27-09 09:35 AM
    Hi,

I sent from .113 to 132. After the update, I get an error when trying to activate the email.
    Getting an error to call Administrator (I am LOL)

I did the usuall on the phone (reboot, wipe it) as well as on the server: resend password, restart services, but still not working.
    Anyone has it wokring with Entreprise email
    Thanks,
    Real
    04-27-09 09:39 AM

- Phone reboots on its own when USB is plugged in
    - Screen gets all digital blurry from time to time during screen changes
    - When i receive an alert audio drops to 1/2 of what it was. (Very annoying)
    - Ive had 2 very bad call quality calls since update. Everything sounds so fuzzy
    - Phone crashes if i activate camera from within BBM
    - Lost green focus box in camera
    - keyboard still not as responsive if you were listing to music then switch to SMS
    I had this same problem. Restart the phone or do a battery pull and it will resolve.
    04-27-09 09:57 AM
    This has been the best OS on my berry it is stable it recovers memory well and it just works. The browser is fast I use it now instead of opera this is how the phone should have shipped. If it were this stable at launch the lauch would have gone allot better.
    04-27-09 10:05 AM
    I had this same problem. Restart the phone or do a battery pull and it will resolve.
    it tooks 2 wipe out, but finally worked. Weird.

SO far, looks good and seems faster.
    04-27-09 10:27 AM
1,933 ... 6869707172 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD