So far everything is running smoothly for me on .132. I absolutely love it. My memory used to go from 29mb down to 3mb=10mb in 4-5 hours, so far I'm hovering around 41mb-42mb which is the most I've ever had, but I also deleted quite a few unused apps. But still I'm loving .132.
    04-25-09 04:47 PM
    How do you keep the cursor on full time?
    04-25-09 05:05 PM
    Thats not a hybrid is it?
    04-25-09 05:26 PM
    I'm so sorry to bother all you storm professionals. I thought I knew everything, but have met my kryptonite. I'm trying to upgrade to this leaked OS, but my desktop manager is not recognizing it. I followed the crackberry instruction step-by-step. Can somebody give me 10 minutes of their time and help me out? Thanks ahead of time

Don't use Desktop Manager
    go to C drive>program files>common files>Research In Motion>AppLoader

delete vendor.xml and double click the icon that looks like a phone handset. Follow instructions, and select upgrade OS. I turn my internet connection off when updating just to avoid any random searching of the web for updates.
    04-25-09 05:34 PM
    First time owner of a Blackberry here, decided to take the plunge and upgrade to the new OS. Went very easy and didn't encounter any issues.

Need to test for a couple of days and see........

04-25-09 05:46 PM
    For the YouTube application, I'm still on .122 and it has quit working, gives me the connection error. So it must be a youtube server error or something else, not a .132 problem.
    04-25-09 05:46 PM
    Ok well first off...what a wonderful weekend we are haveing!

here is what I am finding on my os:.132

cons-----
    1. time lag between apps.
    2. accelerometer is lag from portrait to landscape
    3. you tube does not work
    4. where does not work
    5. random reboots far between but they happen
    6. colorbanding is still dull
    7. 1xev to 1XEV switches from time to time
    8. facebook defaulted for some reason, I like it the old way better..
    9. BBtran is acting strange
    10. lost and found browser wahoo!

pros--------

1. txting is so much faster with the index finder box WOW!
    2. vlingo is better than ever
    3. browser is lightning fast
    4. battery life is great
    5. app. memory is rocking at 41 and has not dipped below 34
    6. camera is super fast and very clear best ever no lag at all
    7. media loads super fast pix slide by
    8. volume controls for music work better
    9. weatherbug is very quick more than ever
    10. call clarity is awewsome

so I believe that what I have found is a decent overall finding. I am a bit PO'd with youtube and where, but I still have poynt and earthcomber. But youtube I use daily, so I need it.
    well I will keep trying to find the fix and hope for the best.
    My WHERE also didn't work after the last two upgrades but both times I uninstalled WHERE and reinstalled, and it worked fine after that.
    04-25-09 05:55 PM
    best OS i've had so far, seems to be getting closer to how the phone should've been in the first place
    04-25-09 05:58 PM
    Change the setting in Clock/Options for what to do when charging. On mine that's the only thing that throws it into that setting, if reset to like "do nothing" it works as expected. Have .132 3 days now.
    Thanks for responding, but that's the setting that I changed to get it to keep from locking into clock mode. It's not behaving normally, that I'm sure of.

As long as I have it set to not automatically go into clock mode, when I go into clock mode, whether it's plugged in or not, it works fine

The only time it has a fit is when the phone is set to automatically go into clock mode when it's plugged in. Then it's locked into clock mode and there is no way out aside from a battery pull. I like the upgraded OS and would like to keep it, but I'd also like to find out why this issue is occurring and if anyone else has the same issue.
    04-25-09 06:37 PM
    Before .109 I had problems with Viigo causing my Storm to freeze for 10-20 seconds at a time. I know it was Viigo, because when I uninstalled it the problem stopped. .132 is doing the same thing now, and it's a deal breaker. Back to .109, old faithful that it was. I notice no other changes, improvements or otherwise, from .109 to .132.
    04-25-09 06:38 PM
    Does youtube (app) work for anybody? on any BB today?
    I fixed it ONCE by uninstalling re-installing it.
    Now Im stock on that damn float error... pis*n me OFF!!!
    slacker and my broswer and google maps all get data fine..

Ok if I select "Most Recent" I can watch those, but nothing else... how can that be an error with .132 ?
    should not matter which ones I watch aren't the connections all the "same" to the same server? Any thoughts on this?
    I have pulled the batt and about to resend the service books, I can't see how that would help...
    That was the same for me on Youtube. Very frustrating. Also, my phone would freeze up regularly and I'd have to do a battery pull to get it to work again. Too buggy/quirky for me so I went back to .122.
    04-25-09 06:47 PM
    I have everything except my contacts, any clue on how to get these back, I am sure this is possible.

Thanks, I have al of my contacts now. My e-mail was missing but I just sent out the service books and that was fixed. My browser was missing but I ran the Quickpull app and it was right back.

Positives:

Lightning fast browsers and scrolling is right on track. A frequently used sight would take 17-21 seconds to load, now it takes four.
    The music player loads music much faster
    Quickpull only takes three minutes to run, the re-boot is definately faster. Before it would take 5-6 minutes.
    The camera takes better pics and is much more responsive. I use to get blurry pictures and poor lighting, this is no longer the case.
    Battery life has improved
    Navigating through icons is now very responsive, my accelerometer is roughly the same but it was never bad.
    Scrolling is more responsive
    Memory starts up at 40.4 and slowy drops to 30 then holds. Before the upgrade it was 29.6 and would drop to 17 before I ran quickpull.
    Call quality has improved

Visual voicemail was deactivated, I will need to call to get that re-established, no big deal.
    Pictures load a bit slower than they did before, only at start up, this is a very small trade for all of the pluses
    BB Maps is a bit slower but may require some additional testing.

The update took longer to load than expected but the Storm runs like a dream and I do not regret applying the update. It will be great to see what updates come out in a few more months.
    Last edited by granadzo; 04-25-09 at 11:52 PM.
    04-25-09 06:53 PM
    I am going back to .122 which worked great for me. .132 gives me a horrible battery life. Not worth it.
    04-25-09 06:56 PM
    If you did a backup then everything should be in your backup file. Got to DM and restore it from there.
    04-25-09 06:56 PM
    I finally took the Beta OS plunge. Upgraded to .132 without a hitch. Did a restore after it loaded, a battery pull, no issues afterwards. I was suprised how easy it was through DM to upgrade. Wish now I would've done it earlier. However...

I guess I have to let the OS 'sink in' but I haven't noticed any vast improvements over .75 to be honest. It seems to be about the same, save the Go button, the full portrait keyboard, and the text select thing. I haven't noticed a speed increase on the native browser or the accelerometer. Memory starts about 8MB higher, but still have a pretty decent leak. Battery life is identical (good) as on .75.

I have verified that it is on .132, but it doesn't seem to be much different.
    04-25-09 08:36 PM
    got 2 random reboots today using .132.... 1 was while using the camera, one BBM... ugh was hoping this was gone!!!!
    04-25-09 08:37 PM
    from what i hear, I'm going to skip this release
    04-25-09 08:47 PM
    .122 to .132 here. I don't use YouTube, so no biggie on that one.

Only things I have noticed are:

• Browsing is faster, but the backspace occasionally exits the browser instead of going back a page.

• Accel is quicker.

• 40+MB and holding.

• No Reboots.

• Battery life is good.

• GPS takes longer to locate.

• The radio is having trouble keeping the gain correct (jumpy 1XEV)

• Odd distortion on screen for a fraction of a second coming out of lock.

• QuickPull will not restart on schedule (have to manual)
    04-25-09 08:54 PM
    I cant take pictures now. pictures come out black. flash turns on i see it all in normal colors. but when it takes the pic it turns black. its very slow.
    04-25-09 09:01 PM
    I had horrible battery life with .122 but now after 3 days of .132, Im still on the same charge. Ive done a lot of tinkering on it, as well as using it most of the day on friday at work during a very boring training session.

The battery was fully charged on Thursday night, Ive yet to plug it in and its still at 70% battery. Im very impressed with the battery efficiency.
    04-25-09 09:06 PM
    Yikes!

Loaded .132 today. Worked with a fairly decent AT&T engineer. He determined the radio was malfunctioning. Between a RIM engineer myself and this AT&T engineer, .132 does something to the radio. (data)

Could not receive data. Bitched to AT&T about it. Little "edge" was displayed.

Went back to .107. Radio works fine. Big "EDGE" displayed.

Oops! need to get a browser on the 9530 again.

Conclusion: not worth the heartache. The old O/S works ok.

My 2cents.
    Last edited by airman2482; 04-25-09 at 09:40 PM.
    04-25-09 09:38 PM
    for me, battery life has been a HUGE improvement over .131 and .122. signal strength seems improved as well.
    my accelerometer is much worse than .122, which is fairly annoying
    i've also noticed the quickpull issue... the first night i had it installed, quickpull didn't run as scheduled. yesterday i installed autolock, and last night quickpull tried to run while the phone was locked, so i awoke this morning to a message informing me that quickpull could not run with the phone locked. now i've set autolock to not lock when charging, so maybe that will fix it... i'll report back tomorrow

i'm also still having massive memory leaks, but i had this on every build. i run weatherbug and i have a gmail account set up, so i assume those are the two reasons why.
    04-25-09 09:39 PM
    My battery life actually increased from .122, but not as good as the 5.0 hybrid. It seams to be slightly slower than the 5.0 hybrid but now a lot of my apps work from appstore which did not work on the hybrid. I give it a thumbs up.
    04-25-09 09:56 PM
    Am I the only one that is experiencing memory loss after installing .132? I had .75 and free memory hovered around 35 most of the time. Now, I have .132, the Storm booted at 35, and quickly dropped to 20ish and is holding there.

Everything elise is ok!
    04-25-09 10:25 PM
    This Storm is my first BB and it's the greatest phone I've owned. I'm running .132, and all is well. However, I can't understand why there are so many different results from these OS installs. Why do some people report poor battery life, shrinking memory, mute but unable to un-mute, silence button doesn't work, etc... while others have the exact opposite effect. To my understanding, we're all running the same hardware and installing the same OS. Except for a few people that, while piddling around, figure out if you do "this" right after doing "that" while holding your left foot 6 inches off the ground...then "x" happens...shouldn't we all be seeing the same thing?

Grey
    04-25-09 10:51 PM
1,933 ... 6566676869 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD