Now, i know im new and all and actually this has been bugging me for a long time w these new os. In my contacts for ringtone and messages it still rings in the holster,why? If you spend big bucks on a phone should it not work correctly? I have the ringtones working , now just the messages vibrate and ring, no matter what you put it to.I know w my pearl set vibration to vibrate in holster no problem, w the storm big problem!No matter what OS i download same problem every time hoping someone fixed it. Thanks!
    04-24-09 05:47 PM
    has neone been able to fix the backlight issue?

My backlight doesnt timeout unless i lock the phone. If i jsut leave it on the home screen or anywhere else the screen stays on.

i've done numerous battery pulls and tried the just holding the power button and then turning it back on but nothing works.

any help?
    04-24-09 05:52 PM
    upgraded to .132 last night and no problems or reboots yet. i can finally send pictures/videos/ etc. through sms but now i cant view attachments in emails. i cant view a jpg in an email. seriously!! i click to open and a screen pops up saying "more request cannot be completed. service book information not found" anyone know how to fix this?
    04-24-09 05:53 PM
    I have been using .132 for a day now and I like it allot. I can't wait to see what the future builds will bring to this phone.
    04-24-09 05:58 PM
    so far so good....better than .113 at least everything appears to be working.....113 something new would f**k me daily.....I thought it was a marriage license for a bit....thumbs upafter 24 hours
    04-24-09 06:12 PM
    another nice little side note....telus rep told me"oh tes we have an update....went to grab it.....109, thanks bud.....ended up telling him about his storm he owned and how to up date from .76.....he was stoked....I could hear him telling the other reps around him....um, just a bit scary,?????
    04-24-09 06:16 PM
    Ok having one little problem when I connect to a voice call it has me locked in headset mode and won't let me get back to handsrt. Tried a battery pull didn't work any ideas pin me please
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

try pluggin in a headset or headphones and then unplugging a few times... it should fix your issue...i Had this happen to me after an upgrade.. when music is playing I just took my headphones and plugged and unplugged repeatedly... fixed it!
    Last edited by rynoondew; 04-24-09 at 07:00 PM.
    04-24-09 06:38 PM
    The battery life on .132 is off the hook for me!! I had a full charge when I woke up and took it off the charger at 7 AM, going strong now with 85% left and that included 2 solid hours of Pandora while I cut the grass!! So far, I really couldn't be happier.
    This is incredible to me, because I'm still running about 14% loss every hour. And this was after I changed to 1ev (sp) instead of Global.

Not sure what the problem is, but this is a big bummer. Maybe some power settings reset that I had originally changed...
    04-24-09 06:42 PM
    - youtube app. I keep getting a connection error (there was a problem establishing the connection "java.lang.illegalargumentexception: expecting small float"

anyone got a fix for this ?

+1 any help please

but overall .132 is great just do not understand what is up with youtube
    04-24-09 07:04 PM
    how is the 132 running
    04-24-09 07:19 PM
    is you tube not working with 132?
    04-24-09 07:20 PM
    Pandora gets a java error for me. Otherwise I havent had an issue.
    04-24-09 07:22 PM
    Ok is been now 24 hours and everything is running great..

Battery life is good
    Transitions are very smooth and quick
    All my media and messaging works as it should including camara and video camera

Very happy with this OS the. Only thing I have notice is after batt pull when phone starts it takes
    A few seconds for screen to wake up (can't select anything) and every so often when menu button press
    It takes me to the switch app screen instead of the menu itself (no big deal) my wifes phone is working 100%
    No flaws so far...my upgrade was from 122 and my wifes from 113 both thru uploader with out back up uploader did it all

04-24-09 07:37 PM
    Pandora gets a java error for me. Otherwise I havent had an issue.
    Uninstall and reboot then try to install it again.
    04-24-09 07:43 PM
    The only thing I have run into using .132 is the battery life.

The radio has stabalized, but who knows. I will say this, Verizon needs to consider this release because I feel sorry for the people still using .75
    04-24-09 07:45 PM
    Ok so dispite my better judgment i upgraded and surprise i have more app memory, phone is faster, and i have better battery life.

down side youtube app no longer works ^_^
    04-24-09 07:45 PM
    The only thing I have run into using .132 is the battery life.

The radio has stabalized, but who knows. I will say this, Verizon needs to consider this release because I feel sorry for the people still using .75
    yeah the restarts were bad back then.
    04-24-09 07:49 PM
    Just upgraded to .132...

Very hesitant to do so, as .113 was running great for me...but once I got a whiff of that pipe, I just had to hit it.
    Read through all the threads of everyone's findings and decided that so far the positive outweighed the negatives.

Overall the process went better than expected...it took me a total of 25 minutes to complete the process from the time I installed the OS to my PC to final reboot of the storm.

So far the overall results are positve: (I did do a battery pull an hour after loading the new OS)

overall faster...from the browser, switching between applications, text messaging, to camera operations.

More bars noted in my house, where I normally only had 1, I know got 3 - 4 (I haven't observed the switch between 1EXV to 1exv as of yet)

An overall gain in memory from normal loadup (after battery pull) of 35 - 36 to 43.4 with no change in apps.

*228 worked without any problems on both selections 1 and 2

I don't know if it's just me but he qwerty keyboard in portrait view looks and "feels" a bit bigger and easier to use..

reboot time was 2.10 vs 4 to 5 minutes with .113

The "changes"...I don't use negatives here because it's just a change in the specifics of the .132 OS vs what I was used too with the .113:

After a battery pull if you have any IM app on your phone it automatically connects to that IM service (i.e yahoo or aol)...and yes, I made sure the box's for "auto sign-in" were unchecked.

Have noticed a slight memory leak...in an hour that my storm has been sitting on the charger, with absolutely no use at all, memory has went from 43.4 to 37.2
    (but just as I was typing this I checked my memory and it had climbed back up to 40???)

ummmm so far that is all I got...I'm sure there will be other bumps in the road along the way, but I'm hoping that after a week or so the OS will "right" itself and keep me happy that I took the plunge!!
    So it's been about 24 hours since install of the .132 build...still not experiencing any major flaws to speak of.

23 hours on the battery and my batter has only went from 95% to 65%. I've done 2 battery pulls (Just to try and "even out" the new OS) in this time frame. Both times, I started up around 43.4 and have went down as low as 35 (that I saw) and have leveled out around 40. The second time it took less than two minutes to reboot

I also have noticed that when I get a call, unlike with .113, the buttons seem to react instantaneous. Before I would have to hit the answer or ignore button a few times in order for it to work.

I have no backlight issues

Still having excellent reception

No issues as of yet with switching between 1EXV and 1exv

No issues with camera or video recorder

Web remains faster as compared with the .113 build

No issues with texting/emails or recovery of my apps after installation (didn't even have to "recover" them by re-entering my info)

The only "negative" I've experienced thus far is what I posted in my original findings...when I do a batter pull my IM apps automatically sign in, even with the "auto sign in box" not checked. I deleted and re-installed both Yahoo and AOL and it continues to happen. But it's something I can live with.

So far for me and my storm the positives significantly outweigh the negatives!!!
    Last edited by rgustafson85; 04-24-09 at 07:52 PM.
    all is well here. best so far
    Ok so dispite my better judgment i upgraded and surprise i have more app memory, phone is faster, and i have better battery life.

Is't the app only? because the site works great and very fast ...

04-24-09 07:51 PM

My youtube app is working as I had no probs with it...not that you care.. But it might be a compatibility mode issue. If you haven't already, try enabling compatability mode...I just checked and mine is enabled on my youtube.

Have a good one
    04-24-09 07:52 PM
    This is my first OS update and the phone is so much faster in general. The only issue I ran across is that it couldn't import my calendar. Any suggestions on fixes
    04-24-09 08:01 PM
    Ok second day. I have upgraded about every other leak or so

Bat life is slightly better
    Browser is faster
    Keypad is faster
    Still have memory leak but not as fast i used to have to pull every 4 hours and now it is more like 6 hours
    Some 3rd party programs have issues which i have not experienced before.

However i have had 6 random reboots when calls come in and i am in a program sometimes viigo sometimes visual voice mail i never had experienced this before on other leaks.

Overall worth the try but i dont believe it is a release version yet
    04-24-09 08:02 PM
    Okay I've had this OS for about 24 hours now and it's awesome.
    The only problem I'm having is bad memory leaks. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    04-24-09 08:03 PM
    This is my first OS update and the phone is so much faster in general. The only issue I ran across is that it couldn't import my calendar. Any suggestions on fixes
    I don't use outlook...but I believe this issued to be addressed in this thread somewhere..but it beats me which page it's on...do a search and I'm sure you'll find the fix to it.
    04-24-09 08:04 PM
1,933 ... 6061626364 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD