did a wipe with JL_cmder, fresh install of .132, *228 to update roaming, battery pull, booted up and gave me a java.langage.illegalstateexception..

any idea anyone?
    04-24-09 12:29 PM
    Okay so I upgraded to this OS and now my Browser has disappeared. This happened last time and all I had to do was a battery pull and it was back. Did that this time and it's still gone. Anyone know the reason behind this slash way to fix this?

Thanks.
    04-24-09 12:32 PM
    Okay so I upgraded to this OS and now my Browser has disappeared. This happened last time and all I had to do was a battery pull and it was back. Did that this time and it's still gone. Anyone know the reason behind this slash way to fix this?

Thanks.
    yes

options>advanced options>host routing table then press BB button and select register
    04-24-09 12:34 PM
    no probs with music so far.... but BIG battery drain.... went today to go back to 75 and DM wont even list the OS screen now... the one where it shows all your OS platforms?? and then you can click to downgrade to 75... all i get now is a screen that only lists my 3rd party apps that i can load or remove.. when i click settings.. nothing... no where now can i find the screen with my os versions... then this pops up

" you can not update your software using this device as it is activated on a Blackberry Enterprise Server or a Blackberry Professional software. Please contact your administrator for updates. Or check for updates from your service carrier"

so now i cant downgrade????????

this has happened only with 132... i dropped 122 for the very same reason of battery drain.. and i downgraded with no probs... now with 132 i get this... am i stuck???
    I removed DM and re-installed. Worked fine after that.
    04-24-09 12:36 PM
    I removed DM and re-installed. Worked fine after that.
    i did that too.... still cant get it to work... you went back to .75??
    04-24-09 12:38 PM
    Went back to .75....then up to .113.
    04-24-09 12:44 PM
    I also removed every OS I had put on there....clean wipe of DM.
    04-24-09 12:45 PM
    I also removed every OS I had put on there....clean wipe of DM.
    ok im a noob.... how did you wipe DM and where can i re load 75?
    04-24-09 12:46 PM
    Anybody know how I can place my "Tasks" icon back on my Storm? It's definitely not hidden in "Applications" and I looked in my "Add/Remove" apps folder on my DM and its not there. I looked in my Applications folder on my BB Storm and it's not loaded on there. I want to somehow take the Tasks program from the .75 OS version and put it on my .132 OS version which I currently have installed...I guess? I don't know.
    04-24-09 12:49 PM
    i wish verizon would put out a update what a bunch of slow people
    04-24-09 12:52 PM
    yes

options>advanced options>host routing table then press BB button and select register
    Thank you!
    04-24-09 12:54 PM
    i wish verizon would put out a update what a bunch of slow people
    easy there, killer
    04-24-09 12:56 PM
    Thank you!
    you're welcome - easy fix!
    04-24-09 12:57 PM
    Well I gave in and went back to the old 4.7.0.76 after months of improvements here and losses there. I am going to try and patiently wait for the Telus official update. The battery loss was just way too much on both 122 & 132. I use the storm for work and having it charge 2-3 times a day was just not working! The memory loss was acceptable and never bothered me as I have a ton of 3rd party apps. Thanks to all those that tried helping me get my battery back up to par.
    04-24-09 01:00 PM
    glad that the mms problem has been fixed finally
    04-24-09 01:01 PM
    Accelerometer seems slower than .122
    my memory starts high, then goes down about 5 meg an hour, on .122 it was stable

Typing seems smoother
    broswer is quick
    04-24-09 01:02 PM
    Well I gave in and went back to the old 4.7.0.76 after months of improvements here and losses there. I am going to try and patiently wait for the Telus official update. The battery loss was just way too much on both 122 & 132. I use the storm for work and having it charge 2-3 times a day was just not working! The memory loss was acceptable and never bothered me as I have a ton of 3rd party apps. Thanks to all those that tried helping me get my battery back up to par.

If you have to charge it 2-3 times a day I hope its because you never set it down. Otherwise, you have more than a software problem.
    04-24-09 01:04 PM
    If you have to charge it 2-3 times a day I hope its because you never set it down. Otherwise, you have more than a software problem.
    My usage since getting the device in December has never changed....but after every leaked version the battery seemed to get worse. 114 was the best for me, but not enough to justify. I will just wait and see what comes out in the near future. I just used JL cmdr and reinstalled the 76. If my battery improves then I know it was the os if not then I have a battery issue.
    04-24-09 01:11 PM
    Anybody have an opinion yet that switched from .122 to .132?

I just upgraded to .122 and love it! I haven't really heard anybody state any improvements over .122.
    04-24-09 01:13 PM
    Anybody know how I can place my "Tasks" icon back on my Storm? It's definitely not hidden in "Applications" and I looked in my "Add/Remove" apps folder on my DM and its not there. I looked in my Applications folder on my BB Storm and it's not loaded on there. I want to somehow take the Tasks program from the .75 OS version and put it on my .132 OS version which I currently have installed...I guess? I don't know.
    04-24-09 01:15 PM
    I am doing my first upgrade. When I go to install it wants to install 4.7 DM again. Is that normal?

Thanks for the Help
    04-24-09 01:19 PM
    There's no way you should have to charge your battery that often - even if you're a heavy user! Have you tried a different battery? I would just go into a dealer and swap your battery just to see.
    04-24-09 01:21 PM
    Or there is a problem with the battery. I am a mid range user and I can use mine for two days without charging. I do put it in the cradle each night and it is fully charged every morning.

Have VZW check your battery, I think that they can do that. If it is bad they MIGHT get you a new one for free, if not they are not too terribly priced.

It is not the OS.
    04-24-09 01:27 PM
    There's no way you should have to charge your battery that often - even if you're a heavy user! Have you tried a different battery? I would just go into a dealer and swap your battery just to see.
    Ya might be my battery, but so far having the stock os back on my battery seems to be holding better. My memory is even showing increase. Meter berry is showing the battery only loosing 1.3% / hour it was up to 16% - 27% loss on 132. Very interesting to say the least.
    04-24-09 01:28 PM
    That's really strange. I've used all the leaked OSs and never noticed drainage like that. I'm also a fairly heavy user, but I've never ahd an issue where I couldn't get through 1 whole day before needing a charge.

Note: all your phone's accessories (battery included) have a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, and should be able to be swapped at any dealer of your provider.
    04-24-09 01:40 PM
1,933 ... 5657585960 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD