Memory Leak on my end. Bootup with 57mb and after 5 or 6 hours I hover around 45
    As long as it stays there that is really freaking good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 09:26 AM
    I have password protect and 10 Min time out to lock the phone (BES IT policy settings). I came from .122 and so far I've noticed some changes to the locking feature:

After battery pull, screen is locked. Touching screen doesn't turn on the backlight and pressing a key pops up the "Screen is locked, press the unlock button to unlock the screen" message.

And this one I find really convenient: When I pull the BB out of the holster, it immediately pops the password entry screen. Saves me two steps: press screen, then select unlock.

That's the most obvious I've noticed so far.
    04-24-09 09:27 AM
    Is this whole lost calander issue only a BES issue?
    04-24-09 09:27 AM
    I came from V3.5 Hybrid and this is my results thus far:

All my apps are running smooth.
    No typing lag
    I am on my BIS and BES with no problem
    Faster Accelerometer
    Faster camera
    Faster app transitions
    Browser is the fastest yet!!
    Signal strength is much improved
    My theme works with no issues
    Shrink a OS worked flawlessly
    57MB vs 54MB before
    Music plays perfect through my Moto Rokr2 HD's
    My Jawbone 2 works perfect
    Unlock/Lock works much better (I use Stormslider) super fast
    MMS works no problem
    Texting is smooth
    It is syncing with DM 5.0
    You can play videos from a received MMS file!! I have been waiting for this since .75

OVERALL I AM LOVING IT!!
    I agree 100% with PP, except I came from .122 (Bell). I'm definitely lovin' .132!

Thank you Kevin
    04-24-09 09:30 AM
    UPDATE....been almost 36 hours since I installed it

I'm VERY pleased with this OS......it FINALLY...and I mean FINALLY fixed the problem I had since I upgraded to the .1xx series, where I would get a text or MMS, and i could NOT silence the phone for a good 5-10 seconds when i have long ringtones set for people/things. I get a msg, tone goes off, click the screen, and it instantly kills the tone . Memory seems way better on this one, reception is better, camera is faster, and battery life seems better as well.

no down sides for me as of now
    04-24-09 09:32 AM
    Install was flawless and fairly quick after I cleared the browser cache and was able to backup.

Still has a memory leak. From 26 to 11 in several hours. It took 3 battery pulls to get it back to 26. .132 started with 17!

Camera is just as useless as ever in situations where flash is required. I always try it but would not use any cell camera for real pictures anyway. The Storm camera is all around useless IMO even for emergencies since it requires 'emergencies' to stay put long enough for a picture to be taken. I suppose for realtors, car salesman, ship salesman, medical examiners and that sort of thing they're fine since these peoples subjects usually stay put long enough for the Storm to camera to take at least one shot before it has to be exited and restarted.

All text screens SMS, MMS, Email have garbage that follows the cursor and the cursor is distorted with a bend to the left at the top. Space bar in landscape produced a blue line across the keyboard under the second row.

Random bits of blue junk get deposited throughout the screen as I type and there is 1/4 of an underline that lags behind the letter being typed. Portrait mode seems fine.

Signal isn't any better, .109 was still the best radio file so far for me.

There's garbage at the bottom of nearly every BB menu in landscape mode.

Transition from p to l or l to p shows a garbled screen for a split second. Something that has never occured before.

Overall this appears to be a sloppy build at best. Will probably return to .122. It ran better and the install ended with an error, but it still ran BETTER than .132, probably the best so far.

No GPS issues, phone works well, email and mms work as they should. No random reboots, no lock ups. Accerometer works well. Nothing really stands out in this OS version for me, not like .114 v3 or .122. Both I think were better.

04-24-09 09:37 AM
    Question....i'm going to be upgrading a friend of mine's Storm today. he's .75, so we'll be going direct to .132. is there anything i need to be wary of going from .75 all the way to .132? anyone that did this....any problems so far???

Thanks as usual.
    --J
    No problems for me. This was my first OS upgrade ever. I went directly from
    .75 to the .132 leak. I regret not doing these OS leaks earlier
    04-24-09 09:47 AM
    This is why I LOVE this site.....People that can help usually do! It works great now! Thank you!

Question: do you perfer slacker or pandora?
    I much prefer Pandora. I used it forever on my computer before it was available for the storm.

I was very dissapointed with slacker radio. It never worked properly for me and the stations didn't select as good of songs. Pandora's Gnome Project finds a lot of similar artists and more of them IMO.
    04-24-09 09:51 AM
    This was working fine on my storm for about 10 minutes then in the middle of writing a text it randomly rebooted and wont turn back on. It doesn't even get to the white screen. The LED comes on for a second then it just shuts off... Anyone know what I should do?
    04-24-09 09:59 AM
    This was working fine on my storm for about 10 minutes then in the middle of writing a text it randomly rebooted and wont turn back on. It doesn't even get to the white screen. The LED comes on for a second then it just shuts off... Anyone know what I should do?
    Try to wipe with JL Commander and then re-install. I don't have the link to the JL tutorial, but check in the Storm tutorial folder.
    04-24-09 10:01 AM
    Thanks, I'm looking into that now. Doesn't the phone need to be able to turn on in order to run JL though?
    04-24-09 10:03 AM
    working great other than terrible memory leak. I do an automatic quick pull at 3 am and I was just down to 12.1 at 11 am. Usually starts out at about 34. Just did a hard pull and left battery out for 1 minute. Nothing is running. I always close programs with the bb button. I've never had good memory with any OS.
    04-24-09 10:04 AM
    I installed this and nothing happened? Any suggs??
    be more specific?
    04-24-09 10:07 AM
    I've gone from .122 to .132, and I love it. Everything is faster, and the whole phone is still flying. I though that .122 was good. this is fantastic!!!!
    04-24-09 10:17 AM
    Upgraded from .122. Not really noticing any major improvements. The browser might be slightly faster, but nothing mind blowing. Memory seems to be holding a little better. If you are happy with .122 and don't want to go through the upgrade process, you aren't really missing a whole lot IMO.
    04-24-09 10:26 AM
    So is this memory leakage thing pretty high for a lot of users? I have an automatic quick pull at 4 am and have 39 mb but by 8 or 9 I'm all the way down to 20 or below. Is this normal or I am leaking memory to fast?
    04-24-09 10:27 AM
    I just am not getting the memory leak. Went to bed at 11:30 last night with 44, I now have 41. So far I have nothing to complain about with 132; and I've had them all
    04-24-09 10:32 AM
    I upgraded a little over a week to the .122 OS and I am curious if upgrading is just the same was to the .132 version?

Thanks!
    04-24-09 10:36 AM
    I upgraded a little over a week to the .122 OS and I am curious if upgrading is just the same was to the .132 version?

Thanks!
    if you're asking is the process the same, then answer is yes
    just remember to back up everything before you upgrade!
    04-24-09 10:38 AM
    After 24 hours, I have had no random rebooting issues. Only rebooted once after the upgrade. Memory went from 39.5 to 22.9 this morning Cant say anything about the battery yet, I recharged my phone last night.

No issues with 3rd party apps
    Camera works fine, but I don't use it all that much.
    Screen seems better, I am not having to press as hard to move around.
    04-24-09 10:40 AM
    Upgraded from .113 so far 132 is the best I have had. More responsive, memory remaining in the mid 30's. Phone app. is more responsive, accelemeter (spelling) is definitely better. Forwarding an MMS works again. One battery pull immediately after the upgrade just to reset things. I use BIS and no issues there either. I'm on the verizon network.
    04-24-09 10:43 AM
    Thanks, I'm looking into that now. Doesn't the phone need to be able to turn on in order to run JL though?
    I beleive their is a solution where you take out the battery and plug into your computer for power and when the Red light comes on briefly you stick the battery in and JL wipes.

I may be a little off as I haven't looked at it in a while, but hopefully someone on here can correct me if I am wrong.
    04-24-09 10:51 AM
    its been 20 hrs since i upgraded to .132 and no quickpulls' needed yet! i did reboot thanks to patternlocks endless updates,lol. this has got to be the most stable os yet. i just have one problem, what am i going to do with all my free time if i'm not checking my memory every 5 min.?
    04-24-09 10:52 AM
    Install was flawless and fairly quick after I cleared the browser cache and was able to backup.

Still has a memory leak. From 26 to 11 in several hours. It took 3 battery pulls to get it back to 26. .132 started with 17!

Camera is just as useless as ever in situations where flash is required. I always try it but would not use any cell camera for real pictures anyway. The Storm camera is all around useless IMO even for emergencies since it requires 'emergencies' to stay put long enough for a picture to be taken. I suppose for realtors, car salesman, ship salesman, medical examiners and that sort of thing they're fine since these peoples subjects usually stay put long enough for the Storm to camera to take at least one shot before it has to be exited and restarted.

All text screens SMS, MMS, Email have garbage that follows the cursor and the cursor is distorted with a bend to the left at the top. Space bar in landscape produced a blue line across the keyboard under the second row.

Random bits of blue junk get deposited throughout the screen as I type and there is 1/4 of an underline that lags behind the letter being typed. Portrait mode seems fine.

Signal isn't any better, .109 was still the best radio file so far for me.

There's garbage at the bottom of nearly every BB menu in landscape mode.

Transition from p to l or l to p shows a garbled screen for a split second. Something that has never occured before.

Overall this appears to be a sloppy build at best. Will probably return to .122. It ran better and the install ended with an error, but it still ran BETTER than .132, probably the best so far.

No GPS issues, phone works well, email and mms work as they should. No random reboots, no lock ups. Accerometer works well. Nothing really stands out in this OS version for me, not like .114 v3 or .122. Both I think were better.

my guess is you have serious memory leaks due to 3rd party apps. .132 drastically improved my phone on all accounts. do you have tons of apps installed? that would kill your memory on boot up if you do. i got rid of all non essential apps and my phone is finally where i want it to be.
    04-24-09 11:02 AM
    So far the OS is way better than 122 for me. On 122 I was having problems with answering phones calls and freezing. None of that with 132.
    My only complaint and this might be a setting that I have not been able to find is that the screen locks now and I have to hit the unlock button to get my password prompt. I used to click the screen and the menu would pop up.

I am running with BIS and BPS (we use an ISA server so I could not just use BIS) on the Telus network with no other issues so far.
    04-24-09 11:06 AM
1,933 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD