Hey newbie here! So how do I know what OS I am running on my storm now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 03:56 AM
    I would like to say thank you to all that contribute here I have scoured the forums for tips and tricks and guides as well as following those who help others great support community is on this CB.
    I upgraded straight from .75 to .132.
    Had one hiccup Verizon took a bit to update the tables and books.
    This build is like night and day from .75
    Browser lighting fast compared to .75
    Portrait to landscape better not fast enough but it doesn't freeze up like .75
    boot time much improved over .75

Battery life will let you know in a day or two.
    Scrolling the net is twice as smooth and quicker.
    Memory hanging over 40 . Ten points better then I had on .75
    Will see if it holds out.
    This really is a really good build.
    No cons has of yet.

Thanks again for all the support you guys and gals give.
    Official Crack addict now, lol.
    Last edited by akafirestorm; 04-24-09 at 04:23 AM.
    04-24-09 04:00 AM
    Hey newbie here! So how do I know what OS I am running on my storm now?

Settings/About
    04-24-09 04:01 AM
    Really cool results! Ok as I got 2 work 11pm est. I did a battery pull, ran my music player from then till 1am checked memory it was at 3x.x (started with 41.x) kept running media till next break at 3am an memory was at 28.8 ( was running browser at same time the whole time) went back 2 work kept playing music and running browser, closed browser at 4am an checked memory an it went up 2 38.x
    I did not delete anything or run any cleaner tools

04-24-09 04:04 AM
    Ok I see that I am still on .75 how do I get .132?
    Settings/About
    04-24-09 04:06 AM
    Ok I see that I am still on .75 how do I get .132?

Hey bro...

Welcome...rather new here myself...read through this forum and you will learn more than you could ever imagine.....but be careful, this place is addicting...

As far as upgrading...look at the top of this "storm OS Discussion" forum and there is a thread with step by step instructions of how to upgrade your OS...

Make sure you read through and educate yourself on the pro's/con's, from other users, to decide if you want to upgrade or not...

Good Luck and again, welcome!!
    04-24-09 04:16 AM
    Check out the first page of this thread first post has a link to get you going.

Do a little homework on the forums how to first, will save you headaches later.

It did me.
    04-24-09 04:19 AM
    Loading .132 now glad i didnt jump on .131 earlier
    04-24-09 04:22 AM
    Awesome! Will do.

04-24-09 04:23 AM
    thanks guys for the leak.
    04-24-09 04:27 AM
    Yea I held off till I saw a build that had more positive feed back then negative and .132 was it and it really is stable at least for me coming straight from .75

Absolutely make sure you do a backup before you start your upgrade. I needed it after upgrade to get all my settings back.
    Last edited by akafirestorm; 04-24-09 at 04:35 AM.
    04-24-09 04:27 AM
    now to upgrade other half's, so far seems much quicker, smoother cant wait to try MMS forward
    04-24-09 04:47 AM
    Just upgraded to .132...

Very hesitant to do so, as .113 was running great for me...but once I got a whiff of that pipe, I just had to hit it.
    Read through all the threads of everyone's findings and decided that so far the positive outweighed the negatives.

Overall the process went better than expected...it took me a total of 25 minutes to complete the process from the time I installed the OS to my PC to final reboot of the storm.

So far the overall results are positve: (I did do a battery pull an hour after loading the new OS)

overall faster...from the browser, switching between applications, text messaging, to camera operations.

More bars noted in my house, where I normally only had 1, I know got 3 - 4 (I haven't observed the switch between 1EXV to 1exv as of yet)

An overall gain in memory from normal loadup (after battery pull) of 35 - 36 to 43.4 with no change in apps.

*228 worked without any problems on both selections 1 and 2

I don't know if it's just me but he qwerty keyboard in portrait view looks and "feels" a bit bigger and easier to use..

reboot time was 2.10 vs 4 to 5 minutes with .113

The "changes"...I don't use negatives here because it's just a change in the specifics of the .132 OS vs what I was used too with the .113:

After a battery pull if you have any IM app on your phone it automatically connects to that IM service (i.e yahoo or aol)...and yes, I made sure the box's for "auto sign-in" were unchecked.

Have noticed a slight memory leak...in an hour that my storm has been sitting on the charger, with absolutely no use at all, memory has went from 43.4 to 37.2
    (but just as I was typing this I checked my memory and it had climbed back up to 40???)

ummmm so far that is all I got...I'm sure there will be other bumps in the road along the way, but I'm hoping that after a week or so the OS will "right" itself and keep me happy that I took the plunge!!
    Last edited by rgustafson85; 04-24-09 at 05:00 AM.
    04-24-09 04:49 AM
    so like a few others it deleted my browser then wouldnt let me connect to the email..well after i fixed that it locked up then reset then locked up immediately. after that it was solid for about 30 mins then locked up and reset 5 times. there was an error once but it went so fast i couldnt even read it. has anyone else had this problem? :/
    04-24-09 05:05 AM
    I can't believe people are comparing this to .75! I mean no $#!+ of course it's faster- yada yada yada. But I haven't been on .75 since Bush was president and I've had at least 8 OS tries since then most of which were better, faster, etc.

Just tell me if this is worth my time over BBCrackmans v3 hybrid or lyricidal's 5.0 hybrid.
    04-24-09 05:37 AM
    anyone know why the file wasn't signed by RIM?
    04-24-09 05:48 AM
    I'm having a small issue. Since I upgraded to .132, the activity feed on Facebook isn't saving previous items. This is with the latest FB update from last night BTW. Everytime there is new activity on my FB page, or someone responds to a comment, etc. it will erase the previous item that was there, instead of saving everything in a big list. Not that big of a deal, but it is kind of annoying.

Also, I'd like to add that this upgrade was the only one to ever give me an issue afterwards. I was upgrading from .113. It took FOREVER for my phone to find service after the uprgade. I also was not able to restore all of my calendar items, which was a giant PITA.
    Last edited by JOK3R; 04-24-09 at 06:09 AM.
    04-24-09 06:03 AM
    So far so good, has locked up a few times, but nothing I have not seen before. Still notice that wherever I am it shows full bars, but once I make a call it goes back down to 2 or 3. Still cannot take a video and mms it to anyone, that kinda sucks...
    04-24-09 06:08 AM
    And does anyone know how to increase the volume for the music player? already put on the boost, but isnt load enough to here over the lawn mower
    04-24-09 06:10 AM
    im having the issue with the backlight not going off also... anyone fix this yet??
    04-24-09 06:38 AM
    24 hour update. This one is running great!. no issues whatsoever gonna have to try the video mms sending problem. App memory hanging in mid 40's most of the day. Periodically it goes below 38. Much better than 109 imo
    04-24-09 06:48 AM
    Working nicly... fast internet...
    my only issue ive seen so far was while chargin and talking on the phone (speaker) it would cut in and out from speaker to headset.
    04-24-09 07:06 AM
    I don't know I have had negative results myself...

At the moment my 9530 is locked up when I tried to run Quick reply..
    Waiting to see if I need to remove the case and battery reset.
    Which I have done more in 24 hours that when I used .122.

I wish I had the results that everyone else is having they are

Used Stock Manager and it locked up forcing me top remover the battery.
    Lockups going form 1 app to another.
    the display orientation flips my the slightest movement normally to a direction that the phone isn't in. (horizontal, vertical).

I have the phone freeze at times and I hope that I don't have to remove the case Seidio extended battery case which isn't the easiest.
    Also I have not found that I get the phones default ringtone, and then get the ringtone that I chose for that person. Strange???

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    04-24-09 07:08 AM
    I am a newbie. First Blackberry and thanks for CX i upgraded from 75 to 132 flawlessly.

[COLOR="Red"]no negative issues to report, my memory is always around 26MB, have never been able to get it above 30. Oh, i am having issues with Weathereye. it locks up at times but that happened with .75 version. i think its just the app and not the phone.
    [COLOR="red"]
    on a plus, the camera seems a little better. but i really don't see a jump in performance even from .75 version. all i really use is text, browser and facebook though. just my 2 cents.

04-24-09 07:12 AM
    Ok having one little problem when I connect to a voice call it has me locked in headset mode and won't let me get back to handsrt. Tried a battery pull didn't work any ideas pin me please

04-24-09 07:15 AM
1,933 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD