Phone was really slow for a couple hours last night (yes, after several battery pulls), but seems to have settled in except for one thing. I'm getting severe typing lag in the browser...worse than I have every had. Still haven't tested everything, but so far it really doesn't seem any better than .122 to me. Still has the media card indexing issue and a bit of memory leak. Haven't had a chance to test out the BT services yet. Oh yeah, I did get 3 MB of memory, despite the fact that crackmem didn't actually remove the sample photos and carp.

When does .142 drop?
    04-23-09 10:27 PM
    Can anyone please tell me if its just me or does your PICTURES folder now include all your album art from your music files stored on the memory card?

This happened after I upgraded to .132 which I think is the best yet besides this itty bitty problem.

Sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn't find anything related to it.

Peace!
    04-23-09 10:28 PM
    I had a problem with Where. GPS would not work with .132. I'm seeing a fee more clock spins.

Typing seems improved. Haven't had a chance to check out much more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 10:28 PM
    I have had my storm since they came out but I am new to the whole new OS didnt want to upgrade but after weeks of .75 rebooting randomly last week i upgraded to .109 then today updraded to .132 and its THE BEST OS.

FASTEST REBOOT TIME YET
    FASTEST BROWER
    FASTEST ACCELEROMTER
    FASTEST CAMERA
    FASTEST LOCK/UNLOCK (BB SLIDER)

ONLY DOWN SIDE
    BROWSER ICON DISAPEARED BUT THAT WAS A EASY FIX
    The Browser Icon missing is standard. The devices checks against the network to register the device and then it will download the browser.
    04-23-09 10:30 PM
    The only issue I had with my phone when I first got it 3 weeks ago was that it took forever to go from protrait to landscape mode when I was reading emails, and when it was charging it stalled when going from protrait to landscape.

So now that I finally did my first un-offical upgrade I don't have that issue anymore. Everything runs much faster.

going from Landscape to portrait mode and vice versa no lag time.
    Last edited by greenlove; 04-23-09 at 10:34 PM.
    04-23-09 10:31 PM
    browser has 1XEV on top right corner near the reception indicator

aim and gtalk is now version 2.2.36, and aim wont connect to the internet anymore

google sync does not connect anymore
    My google synch works fine. I only had to re-enter the log in info.

04-23-09 10:35 PM
    After letting my phone sit for arond 45 min, i am now down more then 10 mb.... any ideas y?

When i go to my bb app switcher, the only apps it shows running are bbm, home screen, phone, browser, messages, and talklock... ALL OF WHICH CAN NOT BE CLOSED
    the memory is going to drop a little and the amount depends all on your phone. ive been hearing that some phones handle os's different. what i do is do a memory clean every now and then and have my phone set to reset everyday at a certain time. if it drops too low then something is wrong
    I have been following this all day so if I missed it I apologize...I updated from .85 to .132 today... I was having huge issues with .85.. So far seems great. Faster snappier.. no color banding. GPS works... One thing I did notice right away is the full keyboard in portrait.. pretty cool.. and the editing square.. When you your typing in a message and you need to edit.. when you hold your finger down.. a big square pops up now.. That's pretty cool. I am totally happy with this leak so far.. If you have worries about installing it.. you should go ahead and do it!
    Can anyone please tell me if its just me or does your PICTURES folder now include all your album art from your music files stored on the memory card?

This happened after I upgraded to .132 which I think is the best yet besides this itty bitty problem.

Sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn't find anything related to it.

Peace!
    not a problem with me. when i download music the album art gets saved in a separate music folder on the media card that is just for the art, but not in the pics folder. you can fix all that by hooking up the usb and going into mass storage mode and moving them, or deleting them
    04-23-09 10:40 PM
    Memory: 55.9MB
    and like most everyone else has said, Faster everything! So far...
    Great build.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen!
    04-23-09 10:46 PM
    Anyone having any issues with AIM not connecting to the server, like a "connection error 65" thing poppin up? any solutions?
    04-23-09 10:55 PM
    this is actually a terrible build.
    04-23-09 11:00 PM
    plz tell us why
    04-23-09 11:23 PM
    I see one issue -get storm lock (pay) or storm slider-free - I believe they don't run in background
    04-23-09 11:25 PM
    my memory starts at 50 - I deleted alot -but as you see i have many apps
    04-23-09 11:26 PM
    plz tell us why
    Seems it was one of his "randumbthots"
    04-23-09 11:31 PM
    After letting my phone sit for arond 45 min, i am now down more then 10 mb.... any ideas y?

When i go to my bb app switcher, the only apps it shows running are bbm, home screen, phone, browser, messages, and talklock... ALL OF WHICH CAN NOT BE CLOSED
    Mines does too. I've managed to gain or slow down the memory loss by having my music player playing.
    04-23-09 11:35 PM
    I downloaded it a few hours ago and so far I love it!
    04-23-09 11:53 PM
    Ive been Runnin .132 now for about six hours. So far so good. I was comming from OneOfAKind's slimmed down .122. I haven't noticed any significant differences, with the exception of memory and MMS messaging. This is the first OS out of all I have tried where my phone doesnt bleed memory while it sits Idle. In six hours I still haven't seen it drop below 48mb. I started with 51mb (same as with .122). And this is the first one where I haven't had to go back and transplant the .86 MMS.cod file in order to forward non-native pictures thru MMS. I tried several and they all worked fine.

Pros:
    -MEMORY DOESN'T SEEM TO LEAK AT ALL HARDLY
    -MMS IS FIXED (at least on my phone. I know this can vary from phone to phone)
    -Camera is slightly faster
    -Scrolling thru pictures seems smoother
    -Solid OS. No Random Reboots, or other signs of instability

Cons:
    -Color banding still present (I only mention this because so many seem to have an issue with it. I believe it is an enhancement that helps the OS run faster and as such, I don't mind it one bit)
    -No Earth Shattering advantages over .122 (at least for me)
    04-23-09 11:54 PM
    Has anyone noticed that whaen you hold down backspace now it erases letters extremely faster!!! surprised no1 picked up on this...def the best build so far!
    04-24-09 12:20 AM
    ok the battery and memory have been great, i'm in the car right now on my pc and my BB has been running trapster for about 5 hours now and i've been sending and receiving tons of sms and tons of browsing, and taking a bunch of pictures and my memory is still around 40 and i still have battery left, truely amazing
    04-24-09 12:27 AM
    No Cons Yet
    04-24-09 12:32 AM
    Is any1 else having problems with the phone not registering all of ur music, I hav 1000 songs an I'd I don sit n watch my song count go up it stops between 100-300. It hasn't done this on any other Os. Btw I formatted the card right after installing this Os. Any help us much appreciated

04-24-09 12:39 AM
    I send myself mms and when I receive the it the quality of the picture is pretty bad compared to the original I don't like it but I will stick with it. .132 runs better from upgrading from .75 to .132 then just wiping the phone and goong straight to .132 after a wipe. But that is just for me others may have to try for their own sakes. But this leak is looking pretty solid and the battery life is great for me on this build I am very happy with it. Thanks Kevin for the leak. As long as leaks like this are this stable and smooth then I can keep waiting on improvements.

04-24-09 12:40 AM
    My Browser is gone, any ideas?
    Click "HELP" on home screen, then select the "BlackBerry HELP! website".

The browser will load, and the icon will reappear on the home screen.

This happened to me when I upgraded to .113... Tried this procedure by accident. But it worked!

Scott
    Last edited by mrscott45; 04-24-09 at 12:56 AM.
    04-24-09 12:53 AM
1,933 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD