I noticed that sometimes you gotta give a new OS a few days to settle. I had .122 do that to me. The first day my memory drained and battery severely...On the second day, both of them did much better, and same was for speed and overall performance and on third day the phone was awesome. Now I am getting same thing with .132, memory is not doing well today, battery: I already charged the phone twice today, some lag, and keep loosing data (1XEV to 1X to 1xev to 1x). Will see what happens tomorrow. I know that it needs time.
    I have noticed the opposite. Usually it runs better the first day, but then again I will give it a chance.

I feel like a burn in time is unlikely for a production device, but who knows.
    04-23-09 09:16 PM
    Done brother! I try re-register, i have the service book reloaded, then try the swap-a-radio app(never got it to work on vista64) and still fighting to get it working. I think im going to go back to the previous version, This one is kicking my a$$.
    That is to bad.
    04-23-09 09:17 PM
    I want this wallpaper lol. Where do I find it?
    Can you send me that wallpaper? my pin is listed
    04-23-09 09:18 PM
    That is to bad.
    Tell me about it, this tread was in page 68 when I start working and reading about how great and fast is working for the other guys and Im sucking here with no data just that edge crap. Well I think we cant win all our battles.
    04-23-09 09:19 PM
    What OS are you currently running?

I downloaded the new OS, but I can't seem to get it to load to the phone what am I doing wrong.. I only see two choice .75 preferred and .65 downgrade... Can some one point me to the right place please...
    04-23-09 09:20 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Anyone noticed that the screen is a lot dimmer ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 09:21 PM
    So when I upgraded to .132, most of my 3rd party apps went back into their trial versions. I never saved any of my activation codes, how do I go about restoring the apps to the full versions?
    04-23-09 09:21 PM
    I don't think you can with out the activation codes.

So when I upgraded to .132, most of my 3rd party apps went back into their trial versions. I never saved any of my activation codes, how do I go about restoring the apps to the full versions?
    04-23-09 09:22 PM
    The accelerometer is much slower on .132 for me than it was on .122 - I was happy with .122 since I had updated from .75 If the accelerometer doesnt get faster with a full battery pulls, Ill switch back to .122 - honestly, I dont see a noticable difference over any of the previous updates. *shrug* (btw, the only apps I run is Slidelock and Iberry Icons)
    04-23-09 09:23 PM
    Well, after using .132 all day, I have a few things I have noticed that I don't particularly consider to be positive. To start with the positive, I came from .122, which was pretty awesome. For the most part, .132 is about as stable, with a few little quirks. I've noticed that SMS messages seem to lag from the time they are received until the time it actually alerts me that they were received. It's only like a 5 to 10 second delay, but still apparent. Also, for me at least, AIM does not play well with .132. It's a chore to get it to connect, and if you are lucky enough to get that far, it will just kick you off a few minutes later with an error 65. Overall, I still very pleased with this release.
    04-23-09 09:28 PM
    Anyone else getting a bad file when they download? Comes up with unknown publisher and will not finish install. I only see one mirror, anyone have a good mirror?
    04-23-09 09:29 PM
    I've been running it for a day now and i have to say although i have more memory (33 instead of 30 after bat pull) it seems
    SLOWER than .122
    now i know that each version runs a little different on every storm so this may just be me.

slacker has crashed 3 times since i've used it and multitasking (like writing SMS while browser is loading a page) grinds my storm to a halt or locks it up.

it isnt stable on my BB
    BUT
    boot up is faster and accelerometer is faster than .122

i'll probably roll back to .122 over the weekend. i wanna give this os a couple days on my phone to really get a feel for it
    04-23-09 09:30 PM
    Seems to be pretty stable for me so far. Browser is alot faster and booted up at 39.5 mb!
    04-23-09 09:30 PM
    HELP!!

Just upgraded from .75 to .132 and now i'm having a lot of connectivity issues.. berryweather, pandora, and google maps can't connect, internet won't load sites.. what's wrong?

i didn't see anyone else reporting the same issues.. so i don't think it's a problem with the OS.. i can make calls and send/receive sms ok.. i don't know what to do.. help!
    04-23-09 09:35 PM
    Tell me about it, this tread was in page 68 when I start working and reading about how great and fast is working for the other guys and Im sucking here with no data just that edge crap. Well I think we cant win all our battles.
    Fico, sorry to hear that you have problems. Radio-a-swap application just downloads file for .90 and puts in cdma folder. If you want you can just download file for .90 (rim0x04001404.sfi) and run the loader yourself.

Once you are done to get the browser you have to use crackutil to remove browser deamon load service book and then add browser deamon.

There are posts here on crackberry which describe these tasks in detail length.
    04-23-09 09:37 PM
    Just completed the update. Received a system message saying 204 of my calendar entries could not be restored... hopefully they will sync with my LN mail...any suggestions?
    04-23-09 09:41 PM
    If anyone is still interested in color banding,
    I heard that it's because RIM used higher resolution pictures for the icons, menus, blah blah blah, so by using lower resolution pictures and/or using less detailed picture decoding (just pulled the second one out of my a$$) it runs smoother.
    Just what I heard.
    yup, they're back! whoo hoo!
    Is there a difference in this link then the others??
    04-23-09 09:42 PM
    So I used the youtube app, which I use about 1 every couple of weeks. And I get an connection error, java.lang.illegal.argumentexception:expecting small float.

Anyone else see this?

I think this was a on the phone when I got it, so I was trying to see if maybe I could delete and reinstall, like the where app.
    04-23-09 09:44 PM
    ok,
    so upgrade was the fastest yet.
    reboot seems faster.
    gained approx 8mb mem.
    browser seemed to load the same, but once it did the page displayed all at once (instead of appearing in parts).
    text typing/editing seems to be REAL smooth as well.
    side note, for some reason with .114 i have my initial phone view set to call log but when i would press the send button i would get my contacts??? after this install, it works the way it should.

seem to have a slow mem leak at idle after the bat pulls too.

overall better than last, thx guys.
    Last edited by leonsb3; 04-23-09 at 09:49 PM. Reason: wrong colors...lol
    04-23-09 09:48 PM
    Is there a difference in this link then the others??
    if it works use it now before its unusable
    04-23-09 09:48 PM
    So I used the youtube app, which I use about 1 every couple of weeks. And I get an connection error, java.lang.illegal.argumentexception:expecting small float.

Anyone else see this?

I think this was a on the phone when I got it, so I was trying to see if maybe I could delete and reinstall, like the where app.
    You're not the only one. I've been getting this error on .122. I am upgrading to .132
    04-23-09 09:49 PM
    Here's the issue I'm still having even after a full wipe, a reload of .75, then a direct upgrade to .132. I can not change the ring tones on the phone, and it's set to one of the most annoying ones ever! I go into the profiles and select a new tone, save it and nothing changes...other than that, seems pretty good.
    04-23-09 09:49 PM
    so far, i really like this...i also had 122 and this seems much faster...my internet is unreal now....My memory is booting around 36...i have seen that a lot of people are booting around 40mb how can i step mine up to that??
    04-23-09 09:52 PM
1,933 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD