david if you search the 228 option on here there is a way to do it automatically i think iys *22899 again im not sure but check around or maybe someone can help
    Thanks Blunt ! I'll look, but if I can't find any help, then I'm back to .75 boo hoo
    04-23-09 06:46 PM
    I must have a ton of apps vs most of you my boot up available has never been much over 20 i think my viigo leaks and so i bat pull after 4 hours when the mem is near 3

Sigh
    04-23-09 06:48 PM
    I have been reading all through the forums for the last hour and can't find help. I upgraded my storm from .113 to .132, and everything works fine except now I can't make or receive calls. I downgraded back to .75 and the phone works ! I then upgraded from .75 to .132 and the phone doesn't work.
    I have re-sent service books and nothing. Everything works as it should but no calls in or out, and I noticed that even the phone keypad isn't beeping .... I just hear "clicks" when pressed.
    I would be greatly appreciative of some input.
    Thank you.
    if you try to make a call what does it say
    04-23-09 06:49 PM
    Hi all,

Been on .132 since midnight last night and its working great.

Pull off charger at 7am pst and have been abusing it all day - battery now at 80% - big improvement. On .122 would have been at 50%.

Memory leak slower - started at 39mb this morning - down to 28mb with several apps running and not really taking care to properly close items - so nice improvement.

Browser definitely faster.

Only weird kwirk so far is with screen lock - will unlock when pulled from holster and then relock when you click screen and then have to unlock again - a little anoying. Havn't done a battery pull since initial pull after loading OS. No freezes or reboots. Will do a pull later and see if screen lock issue goes away.

For the most part have to say .132 is a keeper
    04-23-09 06:49 PM
    why do you think you need more than 39mb upon boot? it truly depends on how many apps you have installed and leaks usually occur from 3rd party apps or so i've been told.
    ...what good is memory if you are not using it.

Really, why is it that everyone is so dead st on app memory? I think the next build should eliminate the ability to check this. Wouldn't that be great? It would mess with a lot of heads since there would be nothing to OCD about

*edit* if yo are **** bent on app memory, delete all apps, themes, messages (right after viewing) and everything that you do not need to make calls, receive calls, send and receive texts, and browse. That way you will have nothing to use up the precious app memory,

AND YOU'LL HAVE A BORING DEVICE
    Last edited by madphone; 04-23-09 at 06:53 PM.
    04-23-09 06:50 PM
    Just installed .132. Thanks to those who helped w/ my ??s. Download was easy thanks to the links y'all provided. No problems so far!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 06:50 PM
    My install went successfully, smooth as silk. VMware rocks, nice to be able to do everything on the Mac.
    04-23-09 06:52 PM
    Gah Idk if it's my theme or if it's the update, but Aerize is being weird. When i click open it takes me to my messages folder instead of SMS folder. I'm running the Iblock theme with separated inboxes. Sorry this is off topic but I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue
    04-23-09 06:53 PM
    OK, new to the BB work, put 122 on my BB 3 days ago, alright, better than 76. Just upgraded to 132. Initial evaluation, is it's better than 122. Fast, and the radio appears to be better for CDMA.
    04-23-09 06:53 PM
    if you try to make a call what does it say
    When I try and make a call .... it does not say anything.
    I press the key pad, and all I hear is "clicks" when I press the send key it just keeps thinking and won't connect (can't hear any ringing). Same is true for a call coming in. my phone will ring but when i answer it you hear NOTHING
    04-23-09 06:54 PM
    SO no one wants to assist me I see on helping me get this OS loaded.. Thanks any way...
    04-23-09 07:00 PM
    I press the key pad, and all I hear is "clicks" when I press the send key it just keeps thinking and won't connect (can't hear any ringing). Same is true for a call coming in. my phone will ring but when i answer it you hear NOTHING
    david i think u should downgrade and then install it again
    04-23-09 07:00 PM
    david i think u should downgrade and then install it again
    Blunt ... ha ha I did exactly that.

in the last 2 hours .......
    Went to .90 no phone
    Went to .109 no phone
    Went to .122 no phone
    Went to .132 no phone
    WENT TO .75, AND I GOT PHONE !

re-installed .132, and no phone
    I have updated all the beta OS's and never had this issue before with any of them

I got to have more cowbell ! haha
    04-23-09 07:05 PM
    Because this is what this thread is for...

Faster accelerometer
    Faster browser - maybe faster than opera now?
    Camera about the same to me
    Color brighter for me
    Scrolling is way faster
    Menus load faster
    Saved some 3rd party app settings after install, which is a first for me (opera bookmarks, nav4all settings, but not viigo settings) but this could be something I got lucky with

Edit: I decided to check out App Mem for you guys, and I gained 5MB, and I even had some apps open.

For data, seems to wait until it's loaded before displaying. Web pages take some time but then instantly show up fully. BBMaps just instantly pops up the map, but after a short time. Make sense? It's not slower, it's just a difference in when it's displayed.

Absolutely worth it. I came from .114 v3 Hybrid.
    Last edited by jlawler4; 04-23-09 at 07:11 PM.
    04-23-09 07:05 PM
    You guys im such a noob. Couple questions.

1- My Storm is unlocked, do I need to delete this "vendor.xml" file? I have looked for it but cannot find it.

2- If I mess something up, would you guys be willing to help me? :P

3- Are there any major bugs found so far? I read about half of the thread, did not see any/ Thanks fellas.

Oh will this "Relock" my phone?
    04-23-09 07:06 PM
    I just upgraded THEN saw the phone issue and tested. Works fine to me.
    04-23-09 07:07 PM
    hmmm i was thinkin u might need to do an akey update... but from what im hearing here it sounds like there has been some kinda of problem during the installation of the new software
    Thanks Kevin....been drooling for something new!
    For those newbies who are waiting to upgrade to 0.132. I followed all the posted (here) directions, everything went perfect, process took about 25 minutes and I now have migrated from 0.75 to 0.132. So there is nothing to be scared about. All settings were retained as well.

As for the experience I'll need to give it a few days and will post then. But thanks to all who contribute their experiences here.
    04-23-09 07:08 PM
    Just found another problem:

I use a today screen theme and before installing this OS, when I received an email it would automatically include it in the list of new emails right on the home screen. But it does not update the list automatically anymore. It still ups the number of unread emails, BUT i have to touch any other spot on the home screen and then touch the email icon to get it to list the new emails.

I fact, if I click on the email app and then delete a whole bunch of emails, when I go back to the main screen the email hover still displays all the emails I just deleted, I have to hover onto something else, then back to get it to refresh.

I never had to do that before.

Here is the problem I found earlier today:
    We also lost our ability to edit (correct) on entry in the BB Browser http and Search fields.
    Last edited by starwatcher; 04-23-09 at 08:07 PM.
    04-23-09 07:09 PM
    My Browser is gone, any ideas?
    Really? I can't believe people are still asking this question...
    04-23-09 07:18 PM
    For those newbies who are waiting to upgrade to 0.132. I followed all the posted (here) directions, everything went perfect, process took about 25 minutes and I now have migrated from 0.75 to 0.132. So there is nothing to be scared about. All settings were retained as well.

As for the experience I'll need to give it a few days and will post then. But thanks to all who contribute their experiences here.
    I agree that this was one of the smoothest upgrades yet. I was on .122 but went back to .75 briefly before upgrading to .132 [long story, unimportant]. But the jump from .75 to .132 was very easy and very quick. I used the apploader method, not the desktop manager btw.
    04-23-09 07:23 PM
    my battery life SUCKS. I charged up fully last night around 11PM.
    when I woke up this morning at 8AM, I was down to 60%. i'm now down to 5% after hardly using the phone today
    04-23-09 07:28 PM
    I haven't noticed any big improvements over .122. I seem to be running about 10 MB more app memory than when I was on .122, but I also pruned off some options I'll never use when I loaded the .132. SO maybe some memory improvements? I too much teh noob to say for sure.

I have some video, a couple .wmv, a couple divx mpgs, and on .132 the video playback is jerky, audio plays ok. Definitely did not have that on .75, didn't test it on .122. The Babylon AD trailer I can't (yet) delete still plays fine, so I guess it's time to recode the videos to be storm optimized
    04-23-09 07:29 PM
    my battery life SUCKS. I charged up fully last night around 11PM.
    when I woke up this morning at 8AM, I was down to 60%. i'm now down to 5% after hardly using the phone today
    what do you have running for apps?
    04-23-09 07:29 PM
1,933 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD