woo hoo a boston thread! go celtics but i have my doubts bout the next round. so nice to bounce montreal, our yankees on ice 8-) ok ok back on topic
    04-23-09 06:11 PM
    google maps is working for me. have you checked to make sure its still enabled? options>advanced options>gps>location on. just a tip i got from another post, my battery lasts twice as long if you set gps services to e911 only. its great for battery life but it disables any apps that need gps obviously. ie... google mapps, insta mapper etc
    yes... I've turned it off then back on again.. even did a battery pull and waved the magic wand and still no love. I was just wondering if it wasn't working since I'm a BES user and not a BIS user. Kinda thought that maybe some policy was pushed down to me. going to uninstall then reinstall and report back. thanks.
    04-23-09 06:12 PM
    Tried that... still not working. Anyone else having this problem, other than me and redshift???
    Istam001... uninstall then reinstall... trying that now.
    04-23-09 06:13 PM
    I installed it this morning and have no complaints period. it fixed the problems that I had with .113 and the radio is money. THANK YOU!
    04-23-09 06:14 PM
    I installed last night and All in all I think .132 runs ok. Battery seems to be standing up. Camera could be faster. I was listening to pandora and using gchat with out any issues.
    04-23-09 06:15 PM
    I have been reading all through the forums for the last hour and can't find help. I upgraded my storm from .113 to .132, and everything works fine except now I can't make or receive calls. I downgraded back to .75 and the phone works ! I then upgraded from .75 to .132 and the phone doesn't work.
    I have re-sent service books and nothing. Everything works as it should but no calls in or out, and I noticed that even the phone keypad isn't beeping .... I just hear "clicks" when pressed.
    I would be greatly appreciative of some input.
    Thank you.
    04-23-09 06:15 PM
    woo hoo a boston thread! go celtics but i have my doubts bout the next round. so nice to bounce montreal, our yankees on ice 8-) ok ok back on topic
    haha
    it's okay to gloat a little

BUT BACK ON TOPIC:

I find it annoying that when the phone is locked, you can't put the phone into vibrate mode.
    04-23-09 06:16 PM
    i agree with you... the radio has been rock solid 5 bars all day today.
    04-23-09 06:16 PM
    I have been reading all through the forums for the last hour and can't find help. I upgraded my storm from .113 to .132, and everything works fine except now I can't make or receive calls. I downgraded back to .75 and the phone works ! I then upgraded from .75 to .132 and the phone doesn't work.
    I have re-sent service books and nothing. Everything works as it should but no calls in or out, and I noticed that even the phone keypad isn't beeping .... I just hear "clicks" when pressed.
    I would be greatly appreciative of some input.
    Thank you.
    did you try dialing *228?
    EDIT: oops, that made no sense. I meant Batt pull
    Last edited by fcortese; 04-23-09 at 06:24 PM. Reason: I am dumb n ckant reed gud
    04-23-09 06:20 PM
    did you try dialing *228?
    Yes, and the response comes back as "Activation Unsucessful"
    04-23-09 06:24 PM
    anyone have any thoughts on the edge/EDGE issue?
    PLEASEEEEE!!!!
    Radio is still flaky. I used swap-a-radio of 90 with this .132 so far so good.
    04-23-09 06:26 PM
    Yes, and the response comes back as "Activation Unsucessful"
    did you try 228 option 2 to update roaming?
    04-23-09 06:28 PM
    Radio is still flaky. I used swap-a-radio of 90 with this .132 so far so good.
    Thanks a lot, Not quit sure how to swap radios, is this the right way to do it? How To: Use the Radio code from one OS build in another

is that what you did? Thanks for the help!
    04-23-09 06:29 PM
    I downloaded the new OS, but I can't seem to get it to load to the phone what am I doing wrong.. I only see two choice .75 preferred and .65 downgrade... Can some one point me to the right place please...
    04-23-09 06:29 PM
    haha
    it's okay to gloat a little

BUT BACK ON TOPIC:

I find it annoying that when the phone is locked, you can't put the phone into vibrate mode.
    leo would you mind a pm with your pin so incase i get f'up i can pm you seems that only people from new england can understand me lol the accent is a lil too thick for these non massholes
    04-23-09 06:30 PM
    Thanks a lot, Not quit sure how to swap radios, is this the right way to do it? How To: Use the Radio code from one OS build in another

search lyricidal swap a radio tool or just pin him hes a really cool dude
    04-23-09 06:31 PM
    HOLY ****! 1min 32sec reboot time! omg that was the fastest ever. I just finished my update and did the battery pull. Gah browser is gone... annoying but i'll fix it lol. NVM lol it just popped back up. I'm happy to say the phone seems so much faster and my radio seems a tad better, I have ****ty service at my house so any slight improvement to me is great.

I booted up with 42.6MB app mem after deleting the asian languages. I'll keep editing this post as I find more things. Great update though, thanks everyone at CB.
    Last edited by Moosecakes; 04-23-09 at 06:36 PM.
    04-23-09 06:31 PM
    Waiting anxiously to complete install. First time using VMware, all looks good so far....
    04-23-09 06:35 PM
    I am getting this message the system applications that are currently installed on your device are newer then those available with this version of the blackberry device software
    04-23-09 06:37 PM
    looks like the uninstall then reinstall of google maps 3.0.2 did not fix the GPS issue. Yes, gps is turned on for the device.
    BES/Verizon user here.
    04-23-09 06:38 PM
    YEEAAA BUDDY.....this OS is the best thing since toothpaste. MMS fixed, oh boy. thats why i dont fux with this whole "hybrid shmibrid crap" ....ugh..ye. ........no offense tho.
    04-23-09 06:39 PM
    did you try 228 option 2 to update roaming?
    I can't even get to option 2

It dos not allow ..... just keeps coming back as activation unsuccessful
    04-23-09 06:39 PM

just search on forum for swap-a-radio app. download it on your pc and follow the instructions. you should be up within few minutes. My radio is holding on EDGE rock solid on .90. Go for it.
    04-23-09 06:42 PM
    search lyricidal swap a radio tool or just pin him hes a really cool dude
    Thanks brother! that helps a lot! Thanks for the help!
    04-23-09 06:42 PM
    I can't even get to option 2

It dos not allow ..... just keeps coming back as activation unsuccessful
    david if you search the 228 option on here there is a way to do it automatically i think iys *22899 again im not sure but check around or maybe someone can help
    04-23-09 06:43 PM
1,933 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD