the browser is just as slow as it was on the .75
    I hate to be a buzzkill when everyone is so excited about a new leaked OS, but I'm not particularly blown away by the browser speed either.
    04-23-09 05:45 PM
    anyone have any thoughts on the edge/EDGE issue?
    PLEASEEEEE!!!!
    04-23-09 05:46 PM
    IMO overall speed is better

accelerometer is more responsive

Memory seems tighter - still high 30's after full day's use.

very happy I did this upgrade
    Thanks man!!
    04-23-09 05:47 PM
    I have a question about wiping with JL Cmder - if I do a backup in desktop manager, then a wipe through JL, then restore through DM, will my 3rd party apps be restored?
    04-23-09 05:47 PM
    Anyone having trouble with their browser after the upgrade? Every other upgrade I have done has gone relatively smoothly, but for some reason my browser no longer works ("Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service..."). I have tried a battery pull x2 without success.

Also did not restore my calendar, but I was able to manually restore from the backed up copy I made!
    04-23-09 05:48 PM
    Anyone having trouble with their browser after the upgrade? Every other upgrade I have done has gone relatively smoothly, but for some reason my browser no longer works ("Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service..."). I have tried a battery pull x2 without success.

Also did not restore my calendar, but I was able to manually restore from the backed up copy I made!
    to get your browser back, try resending your service books:

options>advanced options>host routing table then press BB button and select register
    04-23-09 05:50 PM

Yes try what leo1055 stated that should do the trick
    04-23-09 05:51 PM
    try resending your service books:

options>advanced options>host routing table then press BB button and select register
    Just in case that doesnt work....go to manage connections....mobile network options...hit the bb key and run a diagnostics....browser will appear.....happened to me and found this info out before.
    04-23-09 05:52 PM
    FIRST CRACKBERRY POST! Thought the perfect time to finally post something instead of just reading a billion threads would be now. Just upgraded to the new .132 on my Verizon Storm. I went from .75 to .122 and was pretty disappointed, there was so much dumb little things it would do that would **** me off and i kept dropping calls where i never would before! .132 is awesome

-very quick lock/unlock
    -VERY responsive
    -WAY better signal than .122
    -quick transitioning

Only had it for a couple hours, but i've yet to find a disappointment!
    04-23-09 05:53 PM
    every time i try updating i try to make a call after and my phone will be stuck in headset mode. is there a fix to this?
    04-23-09 05:53 PM
    I have a question about wiping with JL Cmder - if I do a backup in desktop manager, then a wipe through JL, then restore through DM, will my 3rd party apps be restored?
    No you need to go to http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/ to see how to do that
    04-23-09 05:54 PM
    I've never had to resend service books for browser and email both times I upgraded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 05:54 PM
    every time i try updating i try to make a call after and my phone will be stuck in headset mode. is there a fix to this?
    Try smacking your phone up side some Stanfurd dude's head...can't hurt him since his head will be empty.
    04-23-09 05:55 PM
    I've never had to resend service books for browser and email both times I upgraded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I didn't have to this time either, but often people find it's necessary, so it's worth knowing about
    04-23-09 05:56 PM
    So I installed the new os but I still can't get above 39 mb on startup. Any ideas? I reset and wiped my storm clean and when I started fresh I was getting 50 mb with .75 now I can't get close with .132. Should I try a new storm or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-23-09 05:56 PM
    ok i was a little excited ,since i'm a verizon subscriber and they suck, about .132 being leaked but i'm not blown away. the biggest benefit i've seen is i gained 10mb in app memory upon boot and it leaks way slower. my accelerometer is still super slow. i was running .109 and thought it was the os causing this. any thoughts?
    04-23-09 05:58 PM
    can anyone explain to me why my memory blows...i start with 30 by 2 today i was down to 6 is there a way to tell which apps are running in the background?? i do have alot of apps on the bb screen (not the main screen) would i be better off putting them in folders or it really doesnt matter?
    04-23-09 05:59 PM
    So I installed the new os but I still can't get above 39 mb on startup. Any ideas? I reset and wiped my storm clean and when I started fresh I was getting 50 mb with .75 now I can't get close with .132. Should I try a new storm or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    why do you think you need more than 39mb upon boot? it truly depends on how many apps you have installed and leaks usually occur from 3rd party apps or so i've been told.
    04-23-09 06:00 PM
    I didn't have to this time either, but often people find it's necessary, so it's worth knowing about
    i wish you were on this am leo i lost my browser and couldnt fig for the life of me where it went drove me nuts had to call vzw and they resent it to me but know i know and knowing is half the battle...GO BRUINS
    04-23-09 06:04 PM
    can any of you BES users validate that gps in google maps(3.0.2) still works for you. Obviously using the .132 OS.
    04-23-09 06:04 PM
    anyway, i installe .132 and am not sure what to think atm. . .
    04-23-09 06:05 PM
    i wish you were on this am leo i lost my browser and couldnt fig for the life of me where it went drove me nuts had to call vzw and they resent it to me but know i know and knowing is half the battle...GO BRUINS
    ahh sorry I wasn't there for you! and Go Sox too!
    04-23-09 06:07 PM
    anyway, i installe .132 and am not sure what to think atm. . .
    I think atm all the time
    04-23-09 06:07 PM
    can any of you BES users validate that gps in google maps(3.0.2) still works for you. Obviously using the .132 OS.
    google maps is working for me. have you checked to make sure its still enabled? options>advanced options>gps>location on. just a tip i got from another post, my battery lasts twice as long if you set gps services to e911 only. its great for battery life but it disables any apps that need gps obviously. ie... google mapps, insta mapper etc
    04-23-09 06:09 PM
    google maps is working for me. have you checked to make sure its still enabled? options>advanced options>gps>location on. just a tip i got from another post, my battery lasts twice as long if you set gps services to e911 only. its great for battery life but it disables any apps that need gps obviously. ie... google mapps, insta mapper etc
    Tried that... still not working. Anyone else having this problem, other than me and redshift???
    04-23-09 06:11 PM
1,933 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD