Well I've had it 2 minutes,and while deleting a 3 second video I just shot to test the Video camera, the damn thing just froze up on me.

First time the phone has ever froze up me and I've used .75 .109 .122 and now .132.

On the bright side I got more app mem at start up (51mb) and the video camera starting recording on the first press of record,before I would have to hit the damn record button 20 times to get it to work!
    04-23-09 03:44 PM
    OK, i am a noob, and i don't know what i did wrong. this is my first upgrade. i'm going form .75 to this one. just before it finished installing with the desktop manager, i got an fatal error message and now it wont even recognize my phones pin. any suggestions?
    sounds like you bricked you berry. Dont panic its not that hard to recover it

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Damn, I installed the new os but I still can't get above 39 mb on startup. Any ideas? I reset and wiped my storm clean and when I started fresh I was getting 50 mb with .75 now I can't get close with .132. Should I try a new storm or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I can't believe that I finally have the .132 on my device.

*camera is a heck of a lost faster
    *portrait to landscape is faster
    *coming from .75, love the copypast thingy
    * my app memory was 14mb after battery pull. It was 10mb on .75 (I have a ton of ish on my phone)
    *browser is faster
    *so far no mms problem

After only a short while... me likey!
    04-23-09 03:45 PM
    Why not just delete the vendor file anyway? It's literally in the same folder that you're using AppLoader in. Can't hurt.

On a side note - does anyone else's battery life SUCK? I loaded .132 this morning and I'm already down to 25% (yellow bar). I only did 2 battery pulls I think, and that was right after I had loaded the OS. Hope it's just a fluke.
    Not here, my B-Life is great. Way better, after heavy use since 630am and one battery pull mine is still at 76%
    04-23-09 03:45 PM
    thank god. i was able to delete the 33 voicemails that i have had since i upgraded to .114 because of the number pad not showing up. now the number pad shows up woo!
    04-23-09 03:46 PM
    Anyone out there using a BES Server? I am connected through our company's, and each time I have done an upgrade I have had to have our Network Admin re-activate me and send a new activation password. Anyone able to past this?
    If you upgrade from a PC connected to your corporate network and connected to your exchange server with your Outlook setup on same PC then you won't have to re-activate.
    04-23-09 03:48 PM
    .132 seems slower to me
    04-23-09 03:53 PM
    I'm confused.. some people say you don't need to delete the vendor.xml file and other people say you do. I'm on Verizon, so for people on Verizon, do you have to delete the file or not?
    I'm a Verizon customer - I haven't touched the file. Works fine for me too.
    04-23-09 03:54 PM
    Anyone out there using a BES Server? I am connected through our company's, and each time I have done an upgrade I have had to have our Network Admin re-activate me and send a new activation password. Anyone able to past this?
    You CAN get past this if you have the DM software installed and you tell it you're using your BlackBerry with "corporate email" redirected by BES. (It would be an option you set when you install the DM software.)

Once you upgrade, and plug your device back in the DM software will AUTOMATICALLY reactive your enterprise activation.

A FEW NOTES ABOUT THIS...

- Your Blackberry's PIN must have been activated before (obviously)
    - You must be connected to the Exchange server at the time you plug in your device (so you must be at your office computer or connected via a VPN connection from home)
    04-23-09 03:58 PM
    I used the Cisco GIST App on .132 and the speed was about 117kbps. An iphone at the same time and location showed 800kbps. The Storm was showing 1XEV so why is the speed so low?
    04-23-09 03:59 PM
    just put .132 on my phone and everything went smoothly.. im coming from .109 and it seems pretty good so far but not really amazing except for the browser it is noticeably faster for sure. hows the battery life for the people that have had it for awhile?
    04-23-09 04:00 PM
    Had my first unusual find. I locked the screen and when I unlocked it there was an alarm waiting. I dismissed it but then the keyboard came up. I hit the BB button to hide it but that just moved me away from the home page. There was no way to shut down the keyboard, so I had to do a quickpull.
    04-23-09 04:06 PM
    I used the Cisco GIST App on .132 and the speed was about 117kbps. An iphone at the same time and location showed 800kbps. The Storm was showing 1XEV so why is the speed so low?
    was the iPhone on WiFi?
    04-23-09 04:07 PM
    Anyone having trouble accessing the web? My browser goes fast and at the end, the page does not show up.
    04-23-09 04:08 PM
    Anyone having trouble accessing the web? My browser goes fast and at the end, the page does not show up.
    Some people early were saying they had this issue. I didnt have it. I upgraded from 113. Probably check a few pages back someone my have came up with a solution.
    Last edited by YourFlyness; 04-23-09 at 04:18 PM.
    04-23-09 04:16 PM
    nope, mines working fine
    04-23-09 04:17 PM
    Ok, I'm having problems getting full EDGE after the upgrade. I do have the service books uploaded and have register with the network, its just not staying on EDGE and if open any app will go to edge. Do I have to change the radio code? I heard that radio code .90s is the best code out there? Is that correct. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks in advance.
    04-23-09 04:19 PM
    anyone else? when playing music and you get a message the volume drops in half, and you have to do a battery pull to get the volum back. had this in .113 and all the other leaks. i did search this and didnt find anything about this on the new os.
    I am having this issue as well...very anoying as i use my pnone in my truck all the time...

I would also like to know of a fix...
    04-23-09 04:20 PM
    its probably the most insiginificant complaint i have heard about this phone. boo freakin hoo theres color banding on 15% of the phones backgrounds and icons. i don't know about you but when im using my phone i dont just sit there and stare at color banding issues, it does nothing to impair the phones ability to function. It's not present in launched apps, its not present in pictures taken, its not present in video... so really who cares?
    04-23-09 04:21 PM
    If anyone is going to comment on the speed or memory leaks can you PLEASE DISABLE ALL THEMES first. They are often coded poorly and slow down your phone large, and I'm starting to get pretty damn sure they're a main cause of the mem leaks everyone is always whining about
    thank god. i was able to delete the 33 voicemails that i have had since i upgraded to .114 because of the number pad not showing up. now the number pad shows up woo!
    lol that problem with 114 was fixable with other keyboard files such as the ones from 109.

was diagnosed and fixed in 2 days after it released :O
    Hey, how does it feel to people who upgraded from .113?
    Sorry, don't have time to go through 65 pages & I'd like to know if it is worth it.
    Last edited by Desimundha7; 04-23-09 at 04:25 PM.
    04-23-09 04:23 PM
    my findings..
    my signal is great.. much more stable than .122 and .113... and memory is similar as the 3.5 hybrid.. which was fine and stable.. doesnt go lower that then low 20s afta a 48 start up.. now it settles in the high 20s.. so a lil improvement there.. another things ive noticed is that my theme runs smoother on this one... hidden dock is smoother and landscape home screen to portrait theme screen is faster... lockin is still pretty fast .. a sec to lock and instant unlock.. and the browser is finally showin some good improvement to me.. if only it stayed this fast with java enabled.. and camara is still on par for me.. nice to see speeds w/o a hybrid..
    but the signal strength is probably my favorite thing from this new os
    04-23-09 04:29 PM
    Okay, if you are with Verizon, and you are having problems getting on the web, try this:

*Press the green phone button.
    *Dial ##000000 and press send.
    *Scroll down to SIP password. If it is blank, put in VZW. Then press menu key and save.
    04-23-09 04:32 PM
1,933 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD