Blue for Positive!!

haha
    Robert Reed, Rock Hudson, Jenny Gump, Jim J. Bullock......

04-23-09 02:39 PM
    I've also had that same issue with people talking about memory up at 52 and stuff and I've never seen anything above 35 either. The only app I use out of the standard instant messaging apps is Weatherbug which I've heard can be the cause, and I also have a lot of icon shortcuts in my app menu such as ESPN, CNN, B of A, and stuff like that. Would these possibly be the reason, or is it just possibly that i have a phone with poor memory?
    I have several 3rd party apps installed, running Pandora right now while typing this, my app memory is 47.5mb. It's 55-56 after a quickpull. I am running the slimmed down version of .132 by OneOfaKinDPC.

Before with BBCrackman's v2.5 Hybrid of .114, i could only get like 33.5 MB.

This slimmed .132 is so smooth! The radio it uses is awesome, crystal clear.
    04-23-09 02:41 PM
    Cadsystems, will it work with regular headphone I have a headset.
    04-23-09 02:42 PM
    I've also had that same issue with people talking about memory up at 52 and stuff and I've never seen anything above 35 either. The only app I use out of the standard instant messaging apps is Weatherbug which I've heard can be the cause, and I also have a lot of icon shortcuts in my app menu such as ESPN, CNN, B of A, and stuff like that. Would these possibly be the reason, or is it just possibly that i have a phone with poor memory?
    I experienced the same thing on other OS's as well, never really anything above 30-32mb, but just installed .132 today, and have at least 15 icons and am at 41mb while streaming slacker radio!!
    04-23-09 02:43 PM
    Robert Reed, Rock Hudson, Jenny Gump, Jim J. Bullock......

lol
    04-23-09 02:47 PM
    About three weeks ago I upgraded my storm from .75 to .113 that was the first time I had attempted to upgrade. I could tell a big difference between .75 and .113. Last week I upgraded to .122 bell from .113 I could not tell any difference. Today I upgraded to .132 from .122 what little time I have spent using .132 I cannot tell any difference. But one thing is for sure I am getting good at this upgrading.
    04-23-09 02:49 PM
    Thanks sokar42!
    That did it! Installing now.
    Slow day at work and just doing my part to help out.
    04-23-09 02:51 PM
    This is great!! They seem to be on the right track....But, like the weather man...They seem to get paid even when they are wrong! LOL How many times must there be a release and this thing still isn't smooth and working 100%. I imagine if the iphone worked like this they would have fired the guy designing the os. Or maybe hire the guy who could fix this mess they call a touch screen multimedia device! (oh, wait! They hired the guy from apple because, they just can't get it right!). I don't mean to vent but I just got an Itouch and this thing seems like a 1980's device in comparison. If you haven't played with an apple device DON'T! You will throw this against the wall! OK, off the soap box and waiting for .99999999 with all the fixes and smooth runnings.
    04-23-09 02:52 PM
    Sorry for all the questions, but this is only my second time doing one of these leaked upgrades and I wanna do it right.. last time when i went to .113 i used desktop manager method and after restoring the backup file it loaded everything back on to my phone, but all my icons were jumbled and stuff again within the theme i use and i had to readjust them.. if i download using the file itself, i.e. not through desktop manager, does this keep my phone theme settings the same or will i have to readjust them no matter what?
    04-23-09 02:54 PM
    I seem to be having battery issues. Since installing .132 i recharged my batter completely. pretty much haven't touched the phone since 2:50, and i'm now at 90% battery.

that said, my phone still seems to be initializing, so until thats done, i'll wait to make judgement on the battery.

Definitely noticed a rise in Memory. Had never been above 23 and now i'm up around 31.
    04-23-09 02:54 PM
    This is great!! They seem to be on the right track....But, like the weather man...They seem to get paid even when they are wrong! LOL How many times must there be a release and this thing still isn't smooth and working 100%. I imagine if the iphone worked like this they would have fired the guy designing the os. Or maybe hire the guy who could fix this mess they call a touch screen multimedia device! (oh, wait! They hired the guy from apple because, they just can't get it right!). I don't mean to vent but I just got an Itouch and this thing seems like a 1980's device in comparison. If you haven't played with an apple device DON'T! You will throw this against the wall! OK, off the soap box and waiting for .99999999 with all the fixes and smooth runnings.
    But then you would be left without copy/paste functions until this summer
    04-23-09 02:55 PM
    Interestingly, I've played with an iphone for a while and honest truth, I bought a storm because I didn't like the iphone.
    04-23-09 02:56 PM
    Sorry for all the questions, but this is only my second time doing one of these leaked upgrades and I wanna do it right.. last time when i went to .113 i used desktop manager method and after restoring the backup file it loaded everything back on to my phone, but all my icons were jumbled and stuff again within the theme i use and i had to readjust them.. if i download using the file itself, i.e. not through desktop manager, does this keep my phone theme settings the same or will i have to readjust them no matter what?
    What I did worked perfectly for me.

Run backup of your phone with Desktop manager.

Close Desktop manager.

Remove all previous versions of the OS through Control Panel

Download the exe file, install, reboot computer.

Go into the Loader folder and delete the vendor.xml file.

Plug in your blackberry storm, run loader.

Wait for it to finish, and boom you're in business.
    04-23-09 02:57 PM
    After playing with the phone and using it since upgrading the phone this morning I will have to say its worth the upgrade.

Memory seems stable for me, it does drop but goes back up so it does fluctuate.

Battery doesnt seem to bad as of yet.

Overall I will have to say its by far the best OS with no hacking and cutting of others.
    04-23-09 02:57 PM
    This rocks my world!

OVERALL the device seems more responsive and snappier over .75 for sure!

- portrait/landscape flip does seem much quicker
    - menus and presses... way quicker and more responsive
    - camera is A MILLION TIMES quicker and more responsive
    - browsing through MP3s is way quicker
    - full keyboard in portrait mode rocks
    - keyboard button presses seem more accurate (my imagination?)
    - buttons seem larger on the on screen phone keypad

HOWEVER...

- browsing through photos still sucks
    - definite color banding
    (I'm sure reducing the number of available colors in the OS and making gradients less pretty is at least half responsible for the new better performance of the device with the new OS)

OVERALL...

I'm very happy I went through the trouble of doing this upgrade.

BTW... anyone else have problems doing fresh install? I needed to wipe my device, install .75 fresh, then install .132. That's fine - now that I know that. But that's not the procedure described on Crackberry, and I never had to do that on any of my previous BlackBerrys... I was able to just fresh install whatever newly downloaded BlackBerry OS I wanted.

ALSO... anyone else have problems because of activation on a BES server, not allowing you to install the upgrade? I was having lots of problems with DM 4.7. I figured out I had to UNINSTALL DM, then REINSTALL it, telling it I would be using it with "personal email only". Then it let me do the upgrade just fine. Then I REINSTALLED it again setting it back to BES.

Anyone else have the experience?
    04-23-09 02:58 PM
    It's taking me over 10 min for my phone to boot up. Any thoughts why it's taking so frigging long?
    04-23-09 02:59 PM
    I don't see any major improvements. I just came from .122 (which I really liked.)
    Actually seems a little more sluggish, but I've only have been running it for 1 hour. I am getting it activated w/ my BES again now. Seems that's the worst part about upgrading OS, is getting it to work w/ the BES again. I will give it some more time; everyone (for the most part) seems to see benefits. I hope I do.

*UPDATE*
    Well its the next morning, I've had plenty of time to test the new OS. MY verdict... It's the best I've used, so far. It seems that I had to reboot the Storm after the initial boot of .132. Once I did that, I started to see the improvements. My free app mem went from 40 mb to 44 mb on a fresh boot. It IS snappier. OS reboot (when I tell it to) is much faster. Overall, I am satisfied and thus far; I recommend this OS.
    Last edited by ST0NES; 04-24-09 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Update
    04-23-09 03:00 PM
    I'm confused.. some people say you don't need to delete the vendor.xml file and other people say you do. I'm on Verizon, so for people on Verizon, do you have to delete the file or not?
    04-23-09 03:01 PM
    I'm confused.. some people say you don't need to delete the vendor.xml file and other people say you do. I'm on Verizon, so for people on Verizon, do you have to delete the file or not?
    I have heard of some people running into problems doing upgrades because they did not delete the file. I am on Verizon and have deleted the file on mine. Works perfectly for me.
    04-23-09 03:03 PM
    I don't see any major improvements. I just came from .122 (which I really liked.)
    Actually seems a little more sluggish, but I've only have been running it for 1 hour. I am getting it activated w/ my BES again now. Seems that's the worst part about upgrading OS, is getting it to work w/ the BES again. I will give it some more time; everyone (for the most part) seems to see benefits. I hope I do.
    Give it time of use and you'll see an improvement. I thought the same thing
    04-23-09 03:04 PM
    well since its not official to any carrier i would assume no... but if it doesnt say that there is an upgrade after you install then just go back and delete it. Its not a big deal. I read last night that this OS is unsugned anyways
    MMS finally works on this OS YEEAA BUDDY. so far so good
    Im on Verizon and Ive always deleted it. I guess its a habit but thats me.
    04-23-09 03:05 PM
    It's taking me over 10 min for my phone to boot up. Any thoughts why it's taking so frigging long?
    my phone has been doing the same thing ever since i installed the .131 hybrid. I dont know why but it only happens when your loading the OS. every quickpull after that is quite snappy
    04-23-09 03:05 PM
    I am also on Verizon and DID NOT delete the file. It loaded without any problems. After using .109, .113, .114, and .112, I have to say .132 has been the best yet. Works pretty quick for me to be honest with you. Everything seems more smoother with it now.
    04-23-09 03:06 PM
1,933 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD