Forget this crap. Desktop Manager won't load from the website and the disc I got with my bb won't load the whole way either without getting an error. There's no way I'd make it the whole way through the upgrade without an error.
    04-23-09 01:55 PM
    This is great, go figure I usually check CB every morning and at night before I go to bed except for last night and this morning and look what I miss. I need to up my berry addiction. LOL
    04-23-09 01:56 PM
    so how is the memory leak? are people recovering memory?
    I wouldnt obsess over the memory....it fluctuates.....we have become obsessed with the memory while the phone still operates fine at low memory levels
    04-23-09 01:57 PM
    I downloaded .132 last night, and downloaded it the same way I have for all of the previous OS's I have tried, but for some reason when I go thru the App loader in the Desktop manager, it doesnt recognize that there is a new OS to download to my phone. I am working with the recent .122/131 hybrid, where i just changed the java and cdma folders etc. Ive tried to find someone else who posted the same issue, but no luck. Can someone give me any advise? Thanks in advance
    04-23-09 02:00 PM
    so how is the memory leak? are people recovering memory?

here you go

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/
    04-23-09 02:00 PM
    How has everyone noticed their battery performing as the time running the leak has increased?

Also as far as losing messages/sms/etc, I know to back up everything before an install is undertaken but I'm presuming I need to do a special backup to get back all of my sms/mms/e-mails after the update? ie perform another backup of just these items?

Thanks for the help.
    04-23-09 02:01 PM
    MMS fixed!

Browser is crazy fast. Better than the 5.0 by far!

Portrait qwerty seems to be much more accurate and easier to use.

Camera is basically perfect.

Video camera now starts recordung instanyly on press.

Everything is better.

This blows away all other leaks and hybrids by a large margun.

So stoked!

Memory improved with full install better than .122 shrunj even!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 02:02 PM
    MMS fixed!

Everything is better.

So stoked!

I downloaded .132 last night, and downloaded it the same way I have for all of the previous OS's I have tried, but for some reason when I go thru the App loader in the Desktop manager, it doesnt recognize that there is a new OS to download to my phone. I am working with the recent .122/131 hybrid, where i just changed the java and cdma folders etc. Ive tried to find someone else who posted the same issue, but no luck. Can someone give me any advise? Thanks in advance
    try using app loader from program files/common files/research in motion/loader files....that location could be a little off as im going off the top of my head
    i dont "want" to wipe, but could you post a link for the program to wipe the phone. i cant find it, or i would...
    there is no need for a wipe! DM does it automatically... i would suggest downgrade to .75 the upgrade to .132
    MMS fixed!

Everything is better.

So stoked!

So stoked u posted it twice....lol
    04-23-09 02:04 PM
    So after about 4 hours of "normal use" and testing everything (Next Dual pack, facebook, app world, storm sketch, level, doc's to go, weather bug). 132 is pretty rock solid, better then .122. No random reboots, or issues. I'm not see the battery problems, like I seen posted. at 90% battery and I have recharge nightly just because of normal use. If anything the battery life is better.

Browser is much faster. I my finally delete opera.
    touch and scroll much better, very responsive.
    accelerometer may actually be to sensitive now. (not a complain though).
    signal strength is steady at 5 bars, 1XEV.
    Lock issues that I had with .122 are gone. Yea!
    phone reception is clear.
    camera, damn that is nice and fast, good quality.
    don't see the color banding issues, but didn't before, so ...
    memory's good, but I have 3 party app that leaks.

Very happy with this build.
    i didnt ask how to wipe...i asked if the memory leak is still present.
    i didnt ask how to wipe...i asked if the memory leak is still present.
    After battery pull I had 41Mb, then a few minutes later it was at 46. It dropped after that to around 38 and has been there for a couple of hours.

Battery seems to be holding very well but it will take more time to get a good set of data.
    04-23-09 02:06 PM
    has anyone used themes with this OS? i've heard that some themes were horribly slow with the previous leaks (.113) and was wondering how your experience is with .132
    I'm using an LCARS theme with this and it's still pretty fast.
    04-23-09 02:07 PM
    After battery pull I had 41Mb, then a few minutes later it was at 46. It dropped after that to around 38 and has been there for a couple of hours.

Battery seems to be holding very well but it will take more time to get a good set of data.
    thanx, so the app memory will actually go up if you close an app???
    04-23-09 02:08 PM
    Hey I have a quick question about something I have seen intermittently posted.

People have been saying there is an issue with *228 and it crashing the phone? Is this the case and if so, what is the remedy?

.122 has been running outstanding for me (been off the charger for 8 hours with only 5% battery drain so far), and memory is leaking but not nearly as badly as it was with previous versions. I don't want to risk something going wrong by doing something as simple as a roaming update.

Thanks.
    04-23-09 02:09 PM
    I'm using the Blackberry pro V2 without any issues.
    04-23-09 02:09 PM
    Well my battery loss is just as bad if not worse than the 122?? Another friend at work who is on Verizon with the original software and hardly any applications battery lasts him 2 days before he needs to recharge!? I just put 132 on at 11:00am this morning and Fully recharged did battery pull after installation. This is what I am running as 3rd applications: Waether network,Poynt, Google Maps, Buzz ME, Youtube, Canadian Press, RIM APP World, Crackberry, Facebook, MaplLeafs, TSN, Sportsnet, The hockey News, and the Crackberry storeAP. My battery is at 65% with a loss of 9.3% / hour and memory at 39.7MB -5.9 since 1:00pm? I wonder if my battery itself is just pooched??
    04-23-09 02:11 PM
    Loaded .132 and I have been running it all day with over 40 Mb of memory. I do have one complaint. Ever since I loaded .122 my phone freezes on the clock screen when I lock it and put it on the charger.....has anyone had anything similar happen?
    04-23-09 02:13 PM
    Loaded .132 and I have been running it all day with over 40 Mb of memory. I do have one complaint. Ever since I loaded .122 my phone freezes on the clock screen when I lock it and put it on the charger.....has anyone had anything similar happen?
    same thing happens to me running 122
    04-23-09 02:14 PM
    thanx, so the app memory will actually go up if you close an app???
    It should but I always close my apps when done. So, my numbers are consistent with nothing open.
    I notice that some people say that if you're on a leaked OS to downgrade back to .75 first and then up to .132, but I do not really feel like doing the extra 25 minutes if it isn't really worth it. I'm currently on .113, and just wondering if anyone upgrading directly from another leaked OS is experiencing any issues or if it upgraded just fine??
    Thanks for the help but unfortunately that's what didn't work. Battery pull no help and neither did setting to unavailable and back. It would be nice if it worked.
    Any other ideas. I have a feeling its not the OS..because I see. To be alone with the problem.
    Do this options>adv options>host routing table>press bb button (menu key)>register now
    04-23-09 02:15 PM
    I got update through
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\App Loader ->Loader.exe

make sure you delete Vender.xml if you see in this folder.
    04-23-09 02:15 PM
1,933 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD