ok, 2 quick questions...what's the quickest/easiest way to back up my contacts before I upgrade
    and
    when I dl the new os, so I down load it from my pc, or is it ota?

forgive me, I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out, and while this site is a great help, there's way TOO much on here!!!! (that's a good thing.)
    04-23-09 01:38 PM
    ahhhhhhhhhh 55% how is it everyone?
    04-23-09 01:40 PM
    ok, 2 quick questions...what's the quickest/easiest way to back up my contacts before I upgrade
    and

forgive me, I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out, and while this site is a great help, there's way TOO much on here!!!! (that's a good thing.)

1 if you not usually sync with DM+Outlook, before you upgrade os, you can use back up function on you Dm

2 You have to download os form the first post of Kevin and do upgrade via DM

I'm also new here and hope my suggestion help
    04-23-09 01:41 PM
    . . .dl @ 81%
    04-23-09 01:42 PM
    and

i ALWAYS back up everything before installing new OS, EVEN THOUGH it will do so with a new OS install. Use DM for this.

You will download the new software to your PC. See the upgrading your OS thread on the main CB page...it gives you step-by-step.
    04-23-09 01:43 PM
    ahhhhhhhhhh 55% how is it everyone?
    loving it.

go bears.

Go hawks.
    04-23-09 01:44 PM
    how come my posts are set at 190...not that i really care, but...
    04-23-09 01:45 PM
    thnx for the help...all of you. I can;t wait to get off of work so I can start the upgrade. I'm sure I'll be onhere w/ many more questions later!
    Well my phone still randomly goes from full signal to no signal... Oh well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My signal has been steady so far
    Like I said before .122 was good this is amazing. Now my Blackberry has turned into my Crackberry!
    Just came from .75. Held out for Verizon as long as I could. So far it feels like a different phone. No complaints so far.

Did a battery pull to get my browser back, then reactivated Unite. All my data came back across flawlessly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 01:46 PM
    Well my pros are pretty much the same as everyone elses. One detail that people forget to mention is that the text selection feature has been updated so now its no longer a pain in the arse to select copy and paste text. Also, everything works excellently. Im not sure if i did anything special but I did a full backup of my data then a separate backup of the third-party apps and upon loading the os it didnt delete anything and i didnt even have to do a system restore it backed up all my data and reinstated it without a hitch and the process took about 30 mins. The calander and tasks have been erased as well as twitter and facebook updates but i havent done a batt pull and everything is as i was an hour ago before i did the upgrade .

This was the most flawless install ever!!!
    Seems fine on my end, upgraded from .113
    Like I said before .122 was good this is amazing. Now my Blackberry has turned into my Crackberry!
    yes to this...
    04-23-09 01:47 PM
    should i do a wipe if im upgrading from lyricidal's .113/.122/5.0? i would assume there would be useless 5.0 if i did a straight upgrade or am i wrong? thanks a lot
    04-23-09 01:47 PM
    sorry, ive never upgraded before. do i have to backup everything to a program or something before i start?
    04-23-09 01:48 PM
    accelerometer fast but not noticable compare to my last .122 (I don't like .131)
    Boot up time faster
    Camera is a lot faster to capture but take some sec. to start Camera app
    Memory quite stable sometime it gone below 35 but recover to 43 by itself

Batter drain to 45% compare to the same usage+time on .122 I still have 70%. But let see another day for confirm result.
    04-23-09 01:50 PM
    It all seems to me about the same as the 122/131 hybrid I had installed.

I do notice that the feature where we could edit (go back and change) the "http" and the "Search here" lines in the BB Internet Browser are now gone. I was able to edit my search string in 113/114, but not 122/131 or 132 now. Which is too bad. Hopefully it is a mistake and one of the reasons this is not an official release.
    Last edited by starwatcher; 04-23-09 at 04:43 PM.
    04-23-09 01:51 PM
    sorry, ive never upgraded before. do i have to backup everything to a program or something before i start?
    Backup via Desktop manager

should i do a wipe if im upgrading from lyricidal's .113/.122/5.0? i would assume there would be useless 5.0 if i did a straight upgrade or am i wrong? thanks a lot

I always wipe before upgrade. I suggest to do it. Painless
    04-23-09 01:53 PM
    accelerometer fast but not noticable compare to my last .122 (I don't like .131)
    Boot up time faster
    Camera is a lot faster to capture but take some sec. to start Camera app
    Memory quite stable sometime it gone below 35 but recover to 43 by itself

Batter drain to 45% compare to the same usage+time on .122 I still have 70%. But let see another day for confirm result.
    Well on that note, I dont see any reason to move to .132. Im sticking to .122 since its been working well for me. Appreciate you posting your observations.
    Go to the main page and read "upgrading your OS." step-by-step.
    Backup via Desktop manager

I always wipe before upgrade. I suggest to do it. Painless
    i dont "want" to wipe, but could you post a link for the program to wipe the phone. i cant find it, or i would...
    04-23-09 01:54 PM
    so how is the memory leak? are people recovering memory?
    04-23-09 01:54 PM
    I updated from .109 and everything seems much smoother. The biggest difference is the radio, I get a much stronger signal and Im told that I sound clearer overall.
    04-23-09 01:55 PM
    Well my pros are pretty much the same as everyone elses. One detail that people forget to mention is that the text selection feature has been updated so now its no longer a pain in the arse to select copy and paste text. Also, everything works excellently. Im not sure if i did anything special but I did a full backup of my data then a separate backup of the third-party apps and upon loading the os it didnt delete anything and i didnt even have to do a system restore it backed up all my data and reinstated it without a hitch and the process took about 30 mins. The calander and tasks have been erased as well as twitter and facebook updates but i havent done a batt pull and everything is as i was an hour ago before i did the upgrade .

This was the most flawless install ever!!!
    This has been changed since the .113 build
    04-23-09 01:55 PM
1,933 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD