dang it..I just go to work and I see this?? Now I have to wait till I get home to do this. WOW..Thanks Kevin!!! I just upgraded to the 9500 Hybrid the other day now this....there is hope!
    04-23-09 12:31 PM
    OK. I'm not at all new here...nor am I new to updating OS's. I've been through .65, .75, .76, .83, .99, .103, and currently running .122.

I've also read all 50 pages of this thread...every post.

But, just a couple of quick questions...

- Is the color banding still present in this release?

- Is the MMS problem fixed?

- Does the Accelerometer work faster?

- Does it boot any faster?

- Does it Lock/Unlock any faster?

- Do I need to delete the Vendor.xml file?

- How do I get the "Wireless Update" option in my "Options" menu to download this update?

- And finally, after I did the update, I can't find my browser anywhere. How do I get it back?
    Last edited by Habious; 04-23-09 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Yeah, I was joking.
    04-23-09 12:32 PM
    Just upgraded from .113
    My findings so far:
    Accelerometer seems to be a tad bit quicker.
    Stable so far.
    Booting seems to be quicker.
    Browser is fastest yet.
    Media loads MUCH faster.
    MMS bug isn't there

No improvement on service like some are saying.
    Color banding is still there.

Love it so far.
    Last edited by mynameisChris; 04-23-09 at 12:36 PM.
    Already did a *228. 1&2. Thought that pretty much did same thing.
    Correct me if I am wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If your refering to sending your service books, then nope, they're not the same

Resend service books....
    Options>advanced options>Host routing table>BB Button register
    04-23-09 12:36 PM
    OK. I'm not at all new here...nor am I new to updating OS's. I've been through .65, .75, .76, .83, .99, .103, and currently running .122.

- How do I get the "Wireless Update" option in my "Options" menu to download this update?

- And finally, after I did the update, I can't find my browser anywhere. How do I get it back?
    Color Banding Yes Still Present
    MMS Problem - Has been fixed At least for me
    Accelerometer - No change for me
    Boot time - Same (coming from .121)
    Lock/unlock - Still slow for me
    Verizon no need to delete vendor file
    You cannot download this update over the air - It is not official
    to get browser send your service books through the options / advanced options / host routing tables/bb button send service books
    04-23-09 12:40 PM
    best os leak yet. i think has been on of the most better os releases out there so far. the browser is much faster to load, upload and dl speeds are insane EVDO much more reliable/stable . the camera much snappier. memory leak much better. would not be surprised to see this one be the official release. don't want to guess any dates but you just never know. i just stop caring about official cause i will all ways have the next best os. all bb storm uses who are still on .75 just give in and dl this os why are all of you going threw so much pain .75 is like owning an I-TOY
    Rebooting is quicker
    Phone is more responsive than before
    Reception seems a little better but will no as I use the phone more

Will post more as I use the phone more

Just do a battery pull to get your browser back.
    Check my last post too, answers most of your other questions.
    upgraded from .113 to .132 and i love it!
    Just upgraded from .113
    My findings so far:
    Accelerometer seems to be a tad bit quicker.
    Stable so far.
    Booting seems to be quicker.
    Browser is fastest yet.
    Media loads MUCH faster.
    MMS bug isn't there

No improvement on service like some are saying.
    Color banding is still there.

Love it so far.
    Dito for me!
    04-23-09 12:41 PM
    I'm coming from .109, so not sure if this was in another os i didn't update to...

When you're inputting text, there's a new "selection reticle" ish thing that appears that's centered around the character you're selection. Makes it a bit easier to select text.

Overall the OS is very very smooth. It fixed the problem I was having with most of my apps missing from MyWorld

Fixed my google sync issues (it wasn't sending calender entries from BB to Google).

fixed facebook autosyncing my calender even though it was disabled, and couldn't delete facebook calender even by using DM! the entries just kept reappearing lol. Fixed now!

Everything's smooth as butter so far. Can'tw ait for tomorrow morning when everything runs like crap again ;-p
    04-23-09 12:42 PM
    This phone compares to iphones speed now. Nothing such to complain about now. I think I may get bored once it runs perfect.

04-23-09 12:43 PM

no do this:

options>advanced options>host routing table>press bb button (menu key)>register now
    04-23-09 12:44 PM
    I don't see any memory improvement after a battery pull. 41.1Mb and it was between 41 and 42 for the past couple of leaked OSs. Doing a battery test now. 122 was about 12-14% per hour in standby and 113 was about 5%.
    04-23-09 12:45 PM
    its scary to know that most of the storm issues are getting fixed and will get better than the i phone what will we do ohh yea make fun of the itoy once it runs better i dont think the storm will ever be perfect all ways room for improvement
    04-23-09 12:46 PM
    Resend service books....
    Options>advanced options>Host routing table>BB Button register

This will register the BB, but it will not send the service books, for that you will need to log in to the BIS from a PC or through email setup on the BB.
    04-23-09 12:47 PM

If you read all 50 pages, you would know the answer to all those questions already.

So you're either fibbing, or you can't read.

Brilliant piece of satire!
    Whats The Point Of Even Downloading These Beta Os's? Its Just A Waste Of Time, **** Aint Even Official Yet!!! Lmao
    04-23-09 12:49 PM
    im currently on the .132 also and it runs very well and im impressed by how fast it takes a picture. BUT the only problem im having is that whenever i receive an alert, whetther it be MMS, SMS or BBM, my phone locks up for a few seconds. Especially when i have my phone on normal n it plays a ringtone, when i receive an alert, it locks up untill the song finishes playing, so i cant stop it or anything. is it me? or how can i fix this?
    I also have this issue. The last OS that did not have this problem was .86. Every time a new one comes out its the one bug I keep my fingers crossed to see fixed. I text over 5k a month and I get really frustrated when I pick the phone up to answer a text and forget to not click a hard key before the alert tone stops sounding. But I always seem to forget and it locks my screen up for sometimes over 45 seconds...
    04-23-09 12:49 PM
    If you read all 50 pages, you would know the answer to all those questions already.

So you're either fibbing, or you can't read.
    I figure he was bein sarcastic n a way 2 bash sum of the guys that keep askn the same exact ? over n over again, IMO

04-23-09 12:50 PM

yes

for me yes cant speak for others

not any faster than .122 to me
    it boots the same for me but ive always booted in 2min or less
    yes this seems better to me
    no
    it will not that only works for verizon releases
    - And finally, after I did the update, I can't find my browser anywhere. How do I get it back
    options>advanced options>host routing table>press bb button (menu key)>register now
    ?
    see above................................
    04-23-09 12:51 PM
    Brilliant piece of satire!
    Thank you...THANK YOU!

I started reading...saw like 3 people trying to answer these questions and I was like "Oh my God, does NOBODY get it?"

This thread is 50+ pages....and it's the questions I asked...over...and over...and over.

And EVERY thread about a new OS leak is the same thing.
    04-23-09 12:51 PM
    Just loaded and first thing that came up is an error saying my Media Card has errors on it. I don't really want to reformat and reload my whole library. It's such a pain in the Arse.
    04-23-09 12:53 PM
1,933 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD