That's where I am at. The only problem I have with .113 is the app mem erodes quick. No other of the common issues like color banding.

Wondering if .132 is even better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same story with me. My memory and occasional tap delay is my biggest grief with .113 so I'm debating on it right now.

Thanks for the tip everyone
    04-23-09 11:48 AM
    I just installed it... And one question...how come the select box doesn't show upin the address in the address bar?

got it to work....ugh. was missing something. I think it was my fault...that i wasnt deleting off old OS's before...hmm....DEFINITELY lost all calendar entries. Anyone finding a fix to this?
    Desk top manager automatically backs up during upgrade....just open connect phone and select restore and calander data will be back.
    I went from .75 to .122 and love the improvements. Last night I installed .132 and I'm in love. So much faster now I can truly multi task. So tonight I'll update my girl BB from .75.
    04-23-09 11:49 AM
    Oo ya I updated from the revised 5.0/.122/.131 os

i did the .122 update from Bell earlier. Do I need to do anything special to download this or just install it thru the DM once its downloaded?
    My wife and I just got our storms less than 2 weeks ago. I put .113 on them the other day and it's a huge diff over .75. I love it. I'll be upgrading tonight to .132, but I have several questions.

I've seen a couple people go through several lengthy steps like the above poster.

Why do all of this? Why not just back up device, back up 3rd party apps and install upgrade? Why three battery pulls? What does *228 1, *228 2 mean?
    You don't need to do all of the steps above, I just like to start with a clean slate with each new operating system (personal preference). The steps above are very simple once you do it once, and has always given me a smooth transition to a new OS.

*228 1 Programs phone (sends service books I believe)
    *228 2 Updates roaming capability

Battery pulls are standard procedure when doing an upgrade. You don't need three. Download QuickPull and you can simulate a battery pull which'll make your life easier.

Hope you enjoy the new phone!

Evan
    04-23-09 11:50 AM
    Even tho I don't post much, I keep up with this (updating/add-ons/etc.) and I thought I'd share my initial thoughts...

Updated from .113 and am happy so far (been running it for about 5 hours now).

+ Faster all-around
    + fast/accurate accelerometer
    + Faster browser (not by a lot tho and I still prefer using Bolt)
    + little to no lag in the keyboard
    + app-world seems quicker
    + no speed changes when using camera, media, lock/unlock, etc.
    + Increase memory at start-up (mine increased almost 10 megs)
    + Quicker boot-up time
    + Rotating picture function when viewing pictures (not present in 113, no idea about other versions in b/t 113 and 132)

- color banding still present
    - inability to edit text in url/google search space in browser w/o only hitting delete button (was present in 113 as well)
    - battery drain seems worse than 113 in the little time i've used it (5 hrs)
    - memory leak still present (obviously some of my 3rd party apps are partially to blame for this tho)

I'll add more when I've used it more...
    Last edited by OneOclockTilt; 04-23-09 at 12:29 PM.
    04-23-09 11:52 AM
    got it to work....ugh. was missing something. I think it was my fault...that i wasnt deleting off old OS's before...hmm....DEFINITELY lost all calendar entries. Anyone finding a fix to this?
    if you synced with outlook then it should add them back when u connect to DM, if not use the restore option from DM...should work
    04-23-09 11:53 AM
    I have just loaded .132 from .113. For me these difference are quite noticeable: Faster switching between portrait and landscape, faster 'quieting' when a message comes in, faster to 'wake up' when sleeping and better full keyboard in portrait view, more accurate.

For what this is worth, I had no trouble with the updating after following the instructions on the "How to: Update to a Leaked/Beta OS" in the Blackberry Forums section. Follow it to the letter. This was my second update. I went from .75 to .113 to .132.

Good luck to all!
    04-23-09 11:54 AM
    how can i get my internet browser back ? i just install 132, so lost my intenet browser icon
    I updated to .132 and now I have no MMS can somebody please help.
    no they were not synced...i tried rnning DM and cant seem to find anything or get them to work...i mut be screwed
    when you run DM you have to click the backup and restore button and do a restore, you can restore from an older back up that it should have created from other os updates you have done or changes you have made.
    04-23-09 11:55 AM
    how can i get my internet browser back ? i just install 132, so lost my intenet browser icon
    resend your service books
    04-23-09 11:56 AM
    k logged on saw that .132 was avail started frothing at the mouth. I've been running 113 thinking this was going to be the official for VZW however still a no show. Took the plunge. DownLoaded and Installed without a hitch. Noticed that battery seems to be better than normal. There also seems to be a power saver mode where once it goes to sleep power button needs to be hit in order for device to wake-up. Sad thing is that color banding is still PRESENT I will make sure and report any other findings.
    youd have had to backup the calender entries if you didnt and they're gone, they're prolly gone for good and you have to reenter them
    Well if he has ever done a os update before then they should be there DM automatically creates backups.
    if you synced with outlook then it should add them back when u connect to DM, if not use the restore option from DM...should work

It took me a while to "downgrade" from a 5.0 hybrid, because my personal data was not being restored (the DM kept dumping out saying there was an error). I decided to completely wipe the BB with JLCommander, and then reinstall 132. Once installed, I did reinstall the data (with no errors). One thing was that I did a "backup" of my 3rd party applications (using the switch device option on DM originally, and finding the "PIN" folder), but I found many of the 3rd party apps were not present in the 3rd party apps .aix file. Sucks, but overall, I really like 132.

Cheers,
    B.D.
    What do you guys think about the Battery Life? With .109 I would go to sleep and shut all my alerts off at 100% battery and I would wake up 8 hours later and still be at 100%. Last night I went to sleep with 100% and woke up to a 20% loss of battery, losing an average of 2.5% an hour. I had the same apps running that I used to run with .109 except I swapped Berry Weather in and took out WeatherBug.
    I uninstalled berryweather for that exact reason. Battery killer. I was dropping 35% over night. Try uninstalling and see the difference.
    04-23-09 11:57 AM
    i have 122 and when imy phone is locked i can no longer just touch the screen to see the time i have to eithr hit end or unlock. It bugs a little bit but all the upgrades make it worth it
    04-23-09 11:57 AM
    i did the .122 update from Bell earlier. Do I need to do anything special to download this or just install it thru the DM once its downloaded?
    uninstall the Bell release then install and proceed with the upgrade
    04-23-09 11:58 AM
    Can anyone report how the batt life is with .132? Im running .122 and batt life is great for me. Appreciate any feedback on this.
    04-23-09 11:59 AM
    resend your service books
    Same here and lost MMS hoe can you resend the service books...Im new with this OS crap
    Read another chapter and get back to me:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/

And check your facts before you post, please!
    These releases have NEVER been vendor specific. The vendor.xml file (if it exists at all) is empty on the leaked OS's as this is device specific NOT VENDOR specific.

Your vendor information is part of the phone and activation.

I have NEVER done a wipe before an install and everything has always worked perfectly.

I have NEVER deleted vendor.xml and install has always worked perfectly.

I think the people that usually have problems are the one's on Crackberry.com at midnight-1am downloading and installing, and forget something. LOL
    PEOPLE!! Search this dang thread for answers. Every time I update this thread I see about 3 "Where is my Browser..." Look through the thread, it tells. Promise.
    04-23-09 12:00 PM
    I just updated from .113 to .132. So far so good. Browsers is faster, but I like Bolt also. The portrait to landscape is faster and I see no issues with my key board. I have 39.5 memory, the highest I have ever been.
    04-23-09 12:00 PM
1,933 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD