So far for me, the phone's radio strength is the most notable upgrade in .132.

With the Browser speed a close second.
    Now thats what I wanted to hear! Thanks
    04-23-09 10:24 AM
    Well that's a first, my restore actually worked, I've always had to do it manually! 3 quick pulls later. from .122 to .132 and about 30 minutes of testing. Can't say anything about signal strength, I live and work, pretty much next door to cell towers.

Most apps work (see red). Seems faster and more responsive to tilt and touch.
    I would agree with most, .132 OS is finally making good use of the storm hardware.
    problems with lock seem to be fixed. But I've seen others who say it's not fixed.

Where app doesn't work, but didn't in .122 either.
    boots slower.

if you still using .75, upgrade to .132. well worth it. Waiting for VZW has made me a crack addict!

from .75 -> .113 -> .122h -> .132
    WHERE works you just have to delete and re-install everytime you install a new OS
    04-23-09 10:24 AM
    My memory is fluctuating....seems the same as .122 so far or maybe a lil worse, but the net seems fast to me so far a lil faster than .122 from what i can tell

.122 for me the memory sucked so I went with a Hybrid where its holding but still drops but not as bad. If you stated fluctuating Im assuming it goes down and than back up right?
    04-23-09 10:25 AM
    Can anyone using this OS comment on the status of an accelerometer 'lock'?
    04-23-09 10:26 AM
    Can someone tell me if there is a "." on the landscape number keyboard yet??

Thanks!
    nope.........
    04-23-09 10:27 AM
    I get a "fatal error" in DM when I try to load. Any ideas on how to get around? (without a wipe?)
    Don't use DM. Go in to the apploader folder in Program Files and double click the loader file.
    Can anyone using this OS comment on the status of an accelerometer 'lock'?
    They stated it was extremely noticable and improved alot
    .122 for me the memory sucked so I went with a Hybrid where its holding but still drops but not as bad. If you stated fluctuating Im assuming it goes down and than back up right?
    yes it does it go back up a bit
    04-23-09 10:28 AM
    I'm not sure about yall, but I was having lot of issues with BB key not working correctly. Sometimes it would pull up the menu other times it could show running apps. Before you crucify me, I realize if you
    hold bb key it would bring up apps. But mine has been doing apps one click and if you closed it down. It wod dp menu next time. BB button seems to b fixed. Anyone else had this problem and see it resolved? Also, my blue text box seems to be moving slower

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Don't use DM. Go in to the apploader folder in Program Files and double click the loader file.
    To me thats always worked best for me. So thats all I use. I use DM to finish it off with the installations of third parties. I Recommend this way anyways!
    Installed it ~10 hrs ago, i was running .122, so far:

reception seems better
    memory seems to be better than .122
    can't tell about battery life yet
    in bedside mode, the phone stays lit all night long vs .122 where even if i had it in bed side mode, it would still fade then go black (my Storm sits in a BB charge pod next to my bed)
    04-23-09 10:29 AM
    Installed it ~10 hrs ago, i was running .122, so far:

reception seems better
    memory seems to be better than .122
    can't tell about battery life yet
    in bedside mode, the phone stays lit all night long vs .122 where even if i had it in bed side mode, it would still fade then go black (my Storm sits in a BB charge pod next to my bed)
    Good to hear! Thanks
    04-23-09 10:30 AM
    Sorry a stupid question. i have .122 currently downloaded to my computer. Can I download .132 over it or do I have to delete .122 first?
    04-23-09 10:31 AM
    I know we all have different experiences but I have to say I LOVE this build! It is by far the fastest\smoothest I have tried and I have tried most of them. In fact this is pretty much what I expected when I bought my Storm in November. If there were Flash support I would be perfectly happy.

Keyboard is the same for me

Quicker sms and email.

Significant increase in battery drain and batt temperature.

Where does not work.

I'm not sure about yall, but I was having lot of issues with BB key not working correctly. Sometimes it would pull up the menu other times it could show running apps. Before you crucify me, I realize if you
    hold bb key it would bring up apps. But mine has been doing apps one click and if you closed it down. It wod dp menu next time. BB button seems to b fixed. Anyone else had this problem and see it resolved? Also, my blue text box seems to be moving slower

This is directly related to a Screen/Keyboard setting called Key Rate. Medium Slow seems to work best for me where I don't have the above scenario happen anymore.
    04-23-09 10:32 AM
    Sorry a stupid question. i have .122 currently downloaded to my computer. Can I download .132 over it or do I have to delete .122 first?

its best if you uninstall .122 first
    04-23-09 10:33 AM
    if youre upgrading from .75 watch out the change for me was so intense that i got a bloody nose lol
    OK - but Loader crashes trying to read device info..... next?
    Someone asked about battery pulls earlier. I normally load the OS make sure my settings are all complete. Log into Facebook app, Twitter app, Weatherbug and such then batt pull. When it loads I play around here and there and open just about all folders and make sure it looks the same as before the upgrad this time I had to get my calender back so I did a complete restore and then batt pull again. Re-did my sign-ins and had to get my browser back and re-sent my registrations. I then did *228 1 and 2 then batt pull again. That was all last night right before bed. I have my quickpull set to restart at 6 A.M. every morning. So I am going on 4 restarts I think. Everything looking good.
    Coming from .122

reception seems better
    memory is better
    browser is faster
    accelerometer is faster/more accurate

Home screen is slower to respond when scrolling/selecting apps.

Seems like a good update so far.
    04-23-09 10:34 AM

my first storm did that. but that was because the button was messed up not cuz of the os or anything. have you dropped the phone a lot or gotten water or a lot of dust and stuff in between the button and screen
    Thanks. Another dumb one. Do I delete the whole RIM file?
    Delete it and keep only one in there
    Keyboard is the same for me

Quicker sms and email.

Significant increase in battery drain and batt temperature.

Where does not work.

again where does work you have to delete it and re-install every time u install a new os.
    04-23-09 10:35 AM
1,933 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD