People always say a new OS is :

-"Snappier"
    -Faster Browser
    -More mem
    -Less lag

Yet whenever I load new OS, from 113 to 114 hybrid to 122 to 132. I notice the most minuscule differences, if at all. If the browser pattern kept getting faster as everybody has been saying, it would be faster than the iphone by now.

Does anyone notice any SERIOUS changes? Or are people just hyped that we got a new leak?
    I THINK EVERYONE IS JUST HYPED CAUSE WE GOTTA NEW LEAK! I FEEL U MAN HAVENT NOTICED ANY CHANGES!! SAME OLE ****.. LOL
    04-23-09 09:59 AM
    Found an issue my browser wont work now I did the *228 and hit 1 to reprogram but I cannot connect to the net.

Also doing my wifes at the moment and the calender is taking forever to finish like almost an hour to restore the calender, the bar is at 100% but wont finish.

Anyone have any ideas?
    04-23-09 09:59 AM
    on mine there is no browser icon anywhere... where did it go and how do i get it back?
    04-23-09 10:01 AM
    on mine there is no browser icon anywhere... where did it go and how do i get it back?
    send service books
    04-23-09 10:03 AM
    Started with 52MB app memory.

Have removed all docview apps, vznavigator, all messaging apps but AIM, deleted wordmole(****ty game anyway) no GPS ****, no jap fonts installed,

Games installed:
    Brickbreaker, tetris, nintaii, Next dual pack, table tennis

Apps:
    BBfileScout
    MeterBerry
    Patternlock
    Vlingo

Stock apps,
    Calculator
    Vid camera and camera
    Voice notes
    App center
    Calendar
    Clock
    Browser
    Media
    Phone
    Music
    AIM

Avg battery discharge rate 2.5% an hour since 1:40 AM eastern
    Start memory 52.5MB Current after mem clean = 49.4
    uptime 9h:32min
    signal -86dBm

Good so far
    Accelerometer seems fast and responsive, typing is fast, browser seems good depending where I am

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Have you ever ran any Hybrids? Is this worth it just to do it alone without any additional files?
    ill let you know, as i said, if the typing lag is fixed. and the browser speed has gotten faster over time, but remember it's still 3G so there is not much improvement they can make to the speed.
    I disagree completely. The BB Browser is slow because it sucks, not because of 3G. Try tethering your Storm and use a desktop browser, pages load super fast. The BB Browser with JS disabled is somewhat decent, but we shouldn't have to disable JS and the functionality it brings. Some pages don't display correctly with it disabled.
    I disagree completely. The BB Browser is slow because it sucks, not because of 3G. Try tethering your Storm and use a desktop browser, pages load super fast. The BB Browser with JS disabled is somewhat decent, but we shouldn't have to disable JS and the functionality it brings. Some pages don't display correctly with it disabled.
    Good to hear Im actually going to start tethering my Storm but wanted to know if it was as fast as the browser on the storm because if that was the case I would be dying!
    04-23-09 10:05 AM
    This happened for me with this update, first time it's ever happened. Go to Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> (BB Button) Register Now. Fixed.
    04-23-09 10:06 AM
    Cash929...Thank you!! All better now!

Options>Adv options>host routing table-menu button -register now
    04-23-09 10:07 AM
    I get a "fatal error" in DM when I try to load. Any ideas on how to get around? (without a wipe?)
    04-23-09 10:08 AM
    more importantly...i am running .114 and when in a call, if you try to bring up the numbers (to delete a vm or something) the full keyboard comes up and not the numbers....is this fixed in .132?
    04-23-09 10:08 AM
    Camera is very quick, push to take and bam....takes it by the time my finger is off the screen.. Useless lol...cus I rarely use it! The phone is faster and the screen lock is perfect...almost instant too! Can't see these two things getting much better than currently are. We'll see how everything else goes...memory appears to be stable, it seems to run smoother over all...typing is quick..no overlapping of screens yet.. and I'm watching TV what's up with BET why isn't their a WET! That's racism there....lol! Secluding oneself when seclusion is all that is preached against....haha
    04-23-09 10:09 AM
    I just upgraded from .103

I love the new cursor that shows up when you're trying to fix text you've typed. It makes it much easier to get to the proper place in your message.

But I'm having browser issues. Pages load fine when viewed normally, but when I switch to column mode I get the black spinny box and the phone just hangs there. Battery pull is the only way out.
    04-23-09 10:09 AM
    Can someone tell me if there is a "." on the landscape number keyboard yet??

Thanks!
    04-23-09 10:10 AM
    Yeah Boss I can read. But its specifically for the 9530 which is a verizon phone. The last OS was for the 9500 which is from Bell which is another carrier. Therefore the 9530s you have to delete it. This OS is for the 9530. Verizon costumers don't have to.
    This isn't correct, the bell release was for the 9530 as well.

9500 = GSM
    9530 = CDMA

The Bell leak was a release for that specific carrier, therefore the Vendor file is branded. This one is a leak that is NOT for any specific carrier, therefore the vendor file, if it's even there, will likely be empty.
    04-23-09 10:10 AM
    more importantly...i am running .114 and when in a call, if you try to bring up the numbers (to delete a vm or something) the full keyboard comes up and not the numbers....is this fixed in .132?
    Funny you mentioned that I had a co-worker I installed .114 and his phone did the exact same thing. I ended up going with another OS and he's all good. To me I never liked .114!
    04-23-09 10:11 AM
    Well that's a first, my restore actually worked, I've always had to do it manually! 3 quick pulls later. from .122 to .132 and about 30 minutes of testing. Can't say anything about signal strength, I live and work, pretty much next door to cell towers.

Most apps work (see red). Seems faster and more responsive to tilt and touch.
    I would agree with most, .132 OS is finally making good use of the storm hardware.
    problems with lock seem to be fixed. But I've seen others who say it's not fixed.

Edited: Not a .132 issue, but Where app will work, but you have delete it and reinstall it with every new OS. (app world ->categories ->travel to find it again). Very annoying!
    boots slower.

if you still using .75, upgrade to .132. well worth it. Waiting for VZW has made me a crack addict!

from .75 -> .113 -> .122h -> .132
    Last edited by sokar42; 04-23-09 at 10:50 AM.
    04-23-09 10:11 AM
    updated earlier with lyridicals shrink os .

Very similar to the .113 i was on before. However I do have more app memory at startup. I have quiet a bit installed and usually booted up at 41. Its now 47.4. Seems to be holding constant.

Battery life seems good , internet just as fast as before. Not a huge change though. To be honest I had to go into status and make sure it actually was updated

One thing that definitely is faster is the unlock function.
    04-23-09 10:13 AM
    Just installed .132 for the Storm 9530...some things to note in case you're running Windows Vista: when the phone came back on (after the software install was done), I had to actually go back into Backup & Restore and find the most recent backup file to restore my information (Blackberry Desktop Manager didn't do it automatically like it would with previous software updates); I performed a first soft reset, accelerometer still slow to turn; the phone would not register with Blackberry Internet Service...I performed Host Routing Table registration from the phone & sent service books from my BIS account...had to soft reset my phone a second time before it would receive service books. The accelerometer still seems a bit slow like .75 (not sure why this is). Otherwise everything else seems to be working ok. Will the accelerometer ever work like it's supposed to? I don't think any of us knows the answer to this question.
    04-23-09 10:15 AM
    updated earlier with lyridicals shrink os .

Very similar to the .113 i was on before. However I do have more app memory at startup. I have quiet a bit installed and usually booted up at 41. Its now 47.4. Seems to be holding constant.

Battery life seems good , internet just as fast as before. Not a huge change though. To be honest I had to go into status and make sure it actually was updated

One thing that definitely is faster is the unlock function.

How's reception? If this is similar with a few perks above .113 Im all for it.
    04-23-09 10:15 AM
    Its working as it should in .132
    04-23-09 10:18 AM
    Hey i just got the new os but uhm when it was almost done in the desktop manager and it said connecting to device, the device already was finished and it put me the the set up and then all my settings and most of my apps didnt transfer, which i guess is because it didnt finish on the desktop manager, but also when it came up my computer said unknown device and now i keep trying to open an reopen the desktop software to restore my stuff and it wont pick up my phone? I have no idea if or how this is fixed ...
    You disconnected to early ...... you had the little clock thing on your phone and it seemed like it wasnt doing anything..... well that was the super super super super long reboot..... after that it generally restores all of your settings I almost did the same thing before went and did something else about 10-15min later saw my little blue loading thing below the clock right before I was going to disconnect.... so I knew it was working left it alone and voila I've never messed with it again.... just let it finish sometimes it real short othertimes it takes a while I dont know why
    04-23-09 10:19 AM
    So far for me, the phone's radio strength is the most notable upgrade in .132.

With the Browser speed a close second.
    04-23-09 10:21 AM
    Can someone tell me if there is a "." on the landscape number keyboard yet??

Thanks!
    lol no, still no period in number mode. That is a big peev of mine as well, along with no .com button when typing URLs (and no, Ive never had an iPhone).
    04-23-09 10:21 AM
    How's the internet on it? Have you been able to play with it long enough to notice dramatic memory loss?
    My memory is fluctuating....seems the same as .122 so far or maybe a lil worse, but the net seems fast to me so far a lil faster than .122 from what i can tell
    04-23-09 10:22 AM
1,933 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD