i dont have any color banding on my .122

on the real the colors blend better now then it did on .76
    yes you do, and no they dont.
    04-23-09 05:44 AM
    I am on .113 and don't have any color banding issues. I wonder if I go up to .132 if I will suddenly start getting them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 05:46 AM
    ok minutes later my app memory is up by 2 to 44.9 . Highest I think I have seen on my phone is 45 so this is OK. Seems to be a bit more responsive and faster than 109 was. Battery pull reboot took just over 2 minutes. Maybe i should try the 3 pull system someone else mentioned?

Loading larger webpages is problematic. loading data 260k of 261 k and it stops. Hourglass constantly turning.
    Last edited by schoondog; 04-23-09 at 06:00 AM. Reason: cons
    04-23-09 05:49 AM
    Hi im pretty new to the OS upgrading and have a quick question. I upgraded from .75 to .113 to .122. I am def gonna upgrade to .132 but is it better to straight upgrade or should i wipe it completely first? Oh and does wiping it mean going back to .75 or completely erasing any OS?
    04-23-09 05:54 AM
    I normally do my ugrades linearly like you've been doing, however with this last one I had a hybrid so I had to go back down to .75 because I couldn't get the ugrade to pop up. I'm not sure it matters. I'm not that phone savvy or technical so I don't know if it makes a difference, but I do them in a linear pattern. Hope this helps a little.
    04-23-09 06:02 AM
    I came from .75 and immediately noticed the added box that you drag around to move the cursor with better accuracy. I haven't seen anyone else mention it, so was that something released on a previous build?

04-23-09 06:05 AM

What options are 99? I've used 1, 2 & 3 but am not aware of 99. Do tell.

~X
    The *22899 is used mainly when just programming a phone, you would want to use option 2 when updating the roaming, like to get better coverage.

the stores use the 99 one so they dont have to press 1 when activating customers phone so they can continue to do everything on the computer.
    04-23-09 06:06 AM
    I am on .113 and don't have any color banding issues. I wonder if I go up to .132 if I will suddenly start getting them?

Yes you do
    04-23-09 06:08 AM
    Thanks. Another quick one if you know anything about it, after I copied the Java files for .122 over my .113 I would go into DM and no upgrades. Recently, I went on it and it has a whole bunch of upgrades, including core apps or whatever the OS is. If I go ahead with it, what version will it be installing? Will it screw up my phone?
    04-23-09 06:10 AM
    ok So the only Con for me so far is the browser. Stops 1k short of loading webpage. takes almost 5 minutes to load that last little bit. Any ideas?
    04-23-09 06:15 AM
    Not much of a difference except for the speed on this OS. Its alright to my liking.
    04-23-09 06:23 AM
    damn i just got .122
    04-23-09 06:25 AM
    anybody notice a lag n the Accelerometer?? it was quick when i ran .113 but every leak i installed after that has seem to lag (.122 & hybrid)
    I've seen a definite improvement in the accelerometer response.
    04-23-09 06:40 AM
    Okay, so here it goes....
    Boot time..Upgrade from .122
    Memory... steady at 45.5
    Browser speed...exceptional

After doing *228/2 to update roaming capabilities, I lose data connection. I can still make a call, just can't transmit data ie...browser.

I do a bat pull a I get data restored however I lose two bars on my signal strength. I try to do an update...*228/2" again and the cycle starts all over. I lose data stream. However, I get all bars full on voice. Strange....Go figure.
    04-23-09 06:40 AM

What options are 99? I've used 1, 2 & 3 but am not aware of 99. Do tell.

~X
    99 skips the prompts and starts the activation/updating.
    04-23-09 06:45 AM
    I just saw in another thread where the ringtone glitch (it takes up to 10 seconds after you hit a button for the tone to stop playing and the screen to come on) is fixed in this release. Can anyone verify this? If so I will definitely install this one cuz quite honestly that's annoying as F**K!

04-23-09 06:55 AM
    THanks Kevin
    04-23-09 06:59 AM

-SlingPlayer is AWESOME on this build.
    What do you mean SlingPlayer??
    Slingmedia says that they haven't released a version for the storm?
    04-23-09 07:06 AM
    I downloaded and it is pretty sweet. Only problem I have had so far is it deleted my calendar and I had to back up, and for some reason everything was 5 hours off!!
    04-23-09 07:06 AM
    Maybe it's been there, but I now have a "Copy" option when I am in the "About" screen under Options. I hit the BB key when I was verifying that .132 loaded and I now can "Copy" the text. Maybe it was always there.

Quick question folks, recently, I am unable to find my backups. I can see where they are going, but when the backup completes, they are not showing. Any help would be appreciated.
    04-23-09 07:08 AM
    Okay, so here it goes....
    Boot time..Upgrade from .122
    Memory... steady at 45.5
    Browser speed...exceptional

After doing *228/2 to update roaming capabilities, I lose data connection. I can still make a call, just can't transmit data ie...browser.

I do a bat pull a I get data restored however I lose two bars on my signal strength. I try to do an update...*228/2" again and the cycle starts all over. I lose data stream. However, I get all bars full on voice. Strange....Go figure.
    Yep, I found the same bug last night when doing the OTA programming. If you go to Manage Connections and try to cycle them, you'll actually get a crash/reboot most of the time. Willing to bet this is why it didn't go official.

04-23-09 07:10 AM
    Quick question folks, recently, I am unable to find my backups. I can see where they are going, but when the backup completes, they are not showing. Any help would be appreciated.
    Have you tried to create a new folder say on your desktop to verify that you are directing to said folder?
    04-23-09 07:12 AM
    What do you mean SlingPlayer??
    Slingmedia says that they haven't released a version for the storm?
    The non-Storm version works fine in compat mode.

04-23-09 07:13 AM
    Yep, I found the same bug last night when doing the OTA programming. If you go to Manage Connections and try to cycle them, you'll actually get a crash/reboot most of the time. Willing to bet this is why it didn't go official.

Yeah, Thanks for validating Civic. I'm gonna leave everything as is after the bat pull. Dosen't seem to effect audio quality during call yet. Time will tell.
    Have a good day.
    04-23-09 07:14 AM
    Good looking out...
    04-23-09 07:15 AM
1,933 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD