seriously i think if u do a clean install from .75 color banding issue goes away. at least it did for me.

heh i should stop posting on here, since it seems like noones paying attention to me. i know i dont have like 194393794 posts, but im by all means not a newb.
    You are the only one that it worked for then.
    04-22-09 11:41 PM
    I did installed the new OS and did three battery pulls and all the battery pulls did was make the screen hard to press.
    Downloaded and installed it from .113. Before I couldn't send PIC messages that someone sent me, it would be a blank picture. Now it works. Everything else seems good. I will post anything I find.
    Color banding isnt a bug, not something to be fixed. Its like that to improve UI speed and performance. I think they made the right decision and hope they dont change it back.
    so we may never see the sexy beautiful colors of the .75 storm of old days

I dont know about u but i miss my sexy beautiful colors
    i wish there was a way to adjust it wheither you want better color or better performance
    For all tmobile users:
    Still has edge/EDGE issues apparently

and yes the keyboard fornt is definitely smaller
    04-22-09 11:42 PM
    I know what a freakin' battery pull is, as well.

I guess because it shows that I'm a newbie, everyone assumes that I don't know squat.

I was JOKING when I said "Do what?!" and when I said "Mmhmm"...that was a "yeah, sure, okay...." sarcastic type of comment.

Oh ****...nevermind.

I'm almost done downloading and I'll let everybody know my memory level once I get it turned back on.

not cuz ur a noob but because it shows ur a females those sexist punks
    Color banding isnt a bug, not something to be fixed. Its like that to improve UI speed and performance. I think they made the right decision and hope they dont change it back.
    ummmm yes.. lets put out something that looks great, then regress to something disgusting-looking. i guarantee IF there is any positive impact on performance by making it look like arse it's far more negligible than actually writing better (ie more efficient) code. it bugs the crap out of me because the screen is a lot nicer than what its now being used for. horrible decision for them, i hope they realize their idiocy and change it back to actually looking like a phone that doesn't pre-date the VX6000 from way back when.
    so we may never see the sexy beautiful colors of the .75 storm of old days

I dont know about u but i miss my sexy beautiful colors
    i wish there was a way to adjust it wheither you want better color or better performance
    I'll stay with performance...i guess
    04-22-09 11:43 PM
    1st impressions:

accelerometer does seem to be more precise
    mine failed during the data restore. (doing it manually now)
    before the restore vista reported some type of corrupt USB device. (random reboot below fixed it)
    random reboot during that same time. (probably needed it anyway)

EDIT: I made sure to check before and after memory, went from 22MB to 34MB.
    Last edited by BeLogical; 04-22-09 at 11:49 PM. Reason: memory increase!
    For all tmobile users:
    Still has edge/EDGE issues apparently

and yes the keyboard fornt is definitely smaller
    But when you get EDGE it's solid.
    Sooooo

Color Banding still present

MMS has been fixed????? or no?
    04-22-09 11:44 PM
    not cuz ur a noob but because it shows ur a females those sexist punks
    I'm not sure how to take that, haha...

I have never taken crack, but I imagine this WAIT that I have for it to upgrade my phone...is what it would feel like to fiend for crack.
    Close to it, anyway...?
    04-22-09 11:44 PM
    seriously i think if u do a clean install from .75 color banding issue goes away. at least it did for me.

heh i should stop posting on here, since it seems like noones paying attention to me. i know i dont have like 194393794 posts, but im by all means not a newb.
    how would it work any differently if you went from .75? It doesnt take any files from .75
    04-22-09 11:45 PM
    ya can somene please see if the color banding issue is still there...if it is how hard is it to fix it its been messed up since .99 come on now RIM it cant be that hard to fix
    Remember how the GUI was laggy on .75? That's why they don't fix it. Lower color backgrounds/icons use less memory, and move across the screen faster. As long as the pics and movies view in 65,536 colors; their @$$es are covered.
    04-22-09 11:45 PM
    Sooooo

Color Banding still present

MMS has been fixed????? or no?
    funny i never had a mms issue
    04-22-09 11:46 PM
    I'm not sure how to take that, haha...

I have never taken crack, but I imagine this WAIT that I have for it to upgrade my phone...is what it would feel like to fiend for crack.
    Close to it, anyway...?
    ill give it however u wanna take it
    04-22-09 11:47 PM
    I found a new icon in downloads...and I didnt download this....call "search messages."
    04-22-09 11:47 PM
    installed and loving it
    04-22-09 11:48 PM
    For me, Color banding is still there.. but MMS works for me
    here we go
    But when you get EDGE it's solid.
    yea true, but only until you try to use an app that is data intensive. For my test I tried Pandora, and it kicked me back down to edge immediately. Altho others apps like Weatherbug and Facebook stayed on EDGE
    My keyboard is HUGE. Both in portrait and landscape. I did shrink an OS and can't get normail font back. My keyboard is almost italic. And color is way better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 11:49 PM
    Accelerometer puts .122 to shame..landscape to portrait is much faster

DEFINITE increase in speed moving from app to app...camera is very fast.

Loving it soo far...more to come
    so... color banding means shiddy color???? I think I noticed this when going to .122 but I just thought that everything got darker. When did color banding start???? and does it mean shiddy color???
    thx
    I upgraded from .109 and noticed that whenever I was in a text and wanted to go back I was unable to like I was in .109. Holding you finger on the screen and waiting for a sec before scrolling left to right no longer works. Everything else seems very good so far. I need this feature back though..
    04-22-09 11:51 PM
1,933 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD