My 60' sucks because of the damn tires

Whats the gauge pic for? Hitting speed limiter?
    05-14-09 10:08 AM
    Its more a factor of finding a road long enough that isnt full of hills or curves -- and not a major highway littered with cops

BTW:

Massive wheel spin at the beginning - I cant wait for my new tires to come in!
    That plot is a bit all over the place... don't you think? I was wanting to buy this to check and see how accurate it is... wish there was a trial version of it. I think I'll stick with my DeltaDash for a road dyno for now (which sucks because I can't use it but in one car)... way more reliable then these plots. I think a major problem with this app is that any sort of hard jarring or vibration and it'll throw the accelerometer off the deep end. That plot should be a lot smoother then that for it to be realistic. Oh well...
    05-14-09 10:13 AM
    That plot is a bit all over the place... don't you think?
    Yes and No ... first, I had wheel spin which caused that dip and spike on the graph as I regained traction - something the manual says WILL throw off your numbers. If I had done a pull in say 3rd gear you would see a nice smooth graph like you are used to seeing from most dyno pulls. This shows the pull thru a gear, the shift, and then the pull thru the next.
    05-14-09 10:19 AM
    Yes and No ... first, I had wheel spin which caused that dip and spike on the graph as I regained traction - something the manual says WILL throw off your numbers. If I had done a pull in say 3rd gear you would see a nice smooth graph like you are used to seeing from most dyno pulls. This shows the pull thru a gear, the shift, and then the pull thru the next.
    I gathered that, that's why there a few dips in there. You topped out in what, 3rd or 4th gear? Still... I was expecting smoother transitions... even with a 0-60 or 1320 run.
    05-14-09 10:27 AM
    That was partially thru 3rd gear
    05-14-09 10:51 AM
    Lol ,Thanks. I know I'm very fortunate to have great parents.
    I call BS. Its really easy to say that ON THE INTERNET. Pics or your lying.

My cars: 2018 camaro rs/ss, 2000 300zx twin turbo, 2010 GTR spec-v. I know some of you dont believe me, but i said it ON THE INTERNET, so it must be true. I cant even be bothered with pics...
    05-14-09 02:45 PM
    I gathered that, that's why there a few dips in there. You topped out in what, 3rd or 4th gear? Still... I was expecting smoother transitions... even with a 0-60 or 1320 run.
    I'm always amazed at how much you know about BB's, but just downright stunned by what you know about cars! It seems most women (and even men these days!) don't know the exhaust pipe from the intake and can barely even put gas in!

I probably won't be able to test this until next month. I have it installed and set up, but I need to get my header leak fixed and find some open road (I have a road trip planned next month). I tried to just do a "mild" test run last night, but there was too much traffic and it was raining. Wheel spin city without even trying! Sometimes wheel spin is fun, but most of the time I miss the traction of my old Audi quattro. I could have gone ahead and run my test!
    05-14-09 03:37 PM
    Can't believe this thing uses GPS/cell triangulation like someone stated earlier. I was POSITIVE it would be using the accelerometer like most other timers.....

Edit: I knew it had to use the accelerometer. From their website...

"DynoStorm uses the accelerometers built-in to your Storm to measure the performance characteristics of your vehicle without external wires or other equipment. Simply slip your Blackberry into a cupholder and go! "
    Last edited by shalenboy; 05-14-09 at 04:43 PM.
    05-14-09 04:40 PM
    here's another result of mine.
    I am getting very frustrated with the numbers I am getting. Hopefully, the upcoming relaese will fix these bugs. for example, look at my 1/8 and 1/4 mile trap speeds. they are identical. the 1/8 mile mph is WAY high, and the 1/4 mile mph is WAY low. I don't get it. then, compare the 1/8 mile mph value to the ones in the 0-90 column. there is no way the 1/8 mph is right! it should be in the low 90s.

also, the latter part of my run is pretty Gagged. I think the storm was shaking in the windshield mount. (time to get the wheels rebalanced.) out of balance front wheels at 120 = SCARY!!!! the reported HP spike in 4th gear is too high for the HP the engine is really making. the other gears look right though.

The Vehicle: Twin Turbo G35 Sedan
    Correction Factor: 0 (wheel horsepower)

Last edited by TurboCam; 05-15-09 at 12:38 PM.
    05-15-09 12:31 PM
    here's another result of mine.
    I am getting very frustrated with the numbers I am getting. Hopefully, the upcoming relaese will fix these bugs. for example, look at my 1/8 and 1/4 mile trap speeds. they are identical. the 1/8 mile mph is WAY high, and the 1/4 mile mph is WAY low. I don't get it. then, compare the 1/8 mile mph value to the ones in the 0-90 column. there is no way the 1/8 mph is right! it should be in the low 90s.

also, the latter part of my run is pretty Gagged. I think the storm was shaking in the windshield mount. (time to get the wheels rebalanced.) out of balance front wheels at 120 = SCARY!!!! the reported HP spike in 4th gear is too high for the HP the engine is really making. the other gears look right though.

The Vehicle: Twin Turbo G35 Sedan
    Correction Factor: 0 (wheel horsepower)

Ya those are WAY off. that 60 ft, a 12 sec pass and only 103.5 trap? Not happening at the drag strip. 516 hp? Seems off.
    05-15-09 01:36 PM
    Ya those are WAY off. that 60 ft, a 12 sec pass and only 103.5 trap? Not happening at the drag strip. 516 hp? Seems off.

actually, the ETs are all about right. the 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile MPH values aren't even close. on the 60' time, that's about all I'm gonna get on street tires and lots of power. this car is hard to launch on street tires......big bog or too much wheel spin. then when the turbos spool up, forget about 1st gear traction. 1st and 2nd gears are an excersize in throttle modulation. as far as the 515 HP....yeah..that off too. this car puts out about 430 HP to the tires. before upgrading to 3" downpipes and open wastegate dumps, she was putting down 410 rwhp / 400 rwtq. the 516 HP spike had to have been from the high speed vibration from my front wheels.
    05-15-09 02:43 PM
    actually, the ETs are all about right. the 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile MPH values aren't even close. on the 60' time, that's about all I'm gonna get on street tires and lots of power. this car is hard to launch on street tires......big bog or too much wheel spin. then when the turbos spool up, forget about 1st gear traction. 1st and 2nd gears are an excersize in throttle modulation. as far as the 515 HP....yeah..that off too. this car puts out about 430 HP to the tires. before upgrading to 3" downpipes and open wastegate dumps, she was putting down 410 rwhp / 400 rwtq. the 516 HP spike had to have been from the high speed vibration from my front wheels.
    Have you taken it to the dyno? It would be cool to compare the graph on an actual dyno and dynostorm. Is this the AWD or RWD g35? Have you taken it to the track and have a timeslip? It would be cool to compare that as well. Ive pulled a 107mph trap speed in my STi and I only ran a 13.1. The trap speed seems slow for a mid 12 sec pass. Unless your pulling a low 1.7 60ft.
    05-15-09 04:01 PM
    I have dynoed the car, but it has been about 2 years......and before some more recent mods. at the time, the car dynoed at 410 HP to the rear wheels and 400 ft-lb of torque to the wheels on a DynoJet.

I've only taken it to the track one once and did not have much success. I was having an issue with "shift knock" which is a false knock that the UTEC EMS was picking up on each shift. THE UTEC would pull lots of timing after each shift....it was killing my run. even as such, I was able to run a 13.2 @112. The 13.2 was a result of wheel spin and axle hop in 1st and 2nd gears and a sh1tty 60' time of 2.2. A clean run should have given me a trap speed of 115-116 mph, but the shift knock issue was preventing that.

so, that another issue where dynostorm isn't picking up on the 1/4 mile mph correctly. it was too high on the 1/8 mile and too low on the 1/4 mile. go back and look at my run, the Max speed on the run was 121 mph..........yet it shows a 103.5 in the 1/4 mile.

I have posted on the bunsentech forums with this issue, but I haven't gotten an response from those guys yet. I hope they accknowledge this.
    05-15-09 10:50 PM
    Unbelievable .... kicking myself in the head. I went ahead and re-re-reinstalled App World for the 3rd time tonight and within an hour it had sucked 10mb of memory so I deleted it AGAIN! What is wrong with RIM??? It did the same thing on OS ver .109 and .122 and now on .132 on my Storm. And I know it's stupid App World because I can watch my memory dying with MeterBerry as soon as I get done installing it.

Sooooooo, then I find out Dynolicious is available FINALLY and I'm all excited until I see ... yep, you guessed it ... only available through frigging App World ... <sigh>

Now I gotta reinstall that POS just to get this app and then whack it yet again!!!
    05-16-09 01:59 AM
    JUst picked up this Griffin IPhone windshield mount at Best Buy. It comes with adapters for the IPhone 3G, IPhone. and the Ipod Touch. I anm using the IPhone mount with my Storm. It is a nice tight fit!!! and the winshield mount is very sturdy (no vibration or bouncing). It is about $30, but it is locally available......so I could go pick it up! I liked some of the online mounts for the storm, but I didn't feel like waiting. lol.

Hopefully, this will give me better, more accurate dynostorm results.......once Busentech updates the program.

05-16-09 09:01 AM
    I found another at walmart, it's a scorche? Just like that but is adjustable where you put the phone and it's only $15.

Still don't understand why this is not accurate but here's what I got. I did get a bad start might have something to do with it also.

60' - 2.56 (spinning)
    330 - 6.90
    1/8 - 10.06@ 82.8mph
    1000' - 12.62
    1/4 - [email protected]

289hp wheels

I need to get the correct weight of my car also, so that might end up helping a bit.
    05-16-09 03:13 PM
    Look how many people have trap speeds of 103.5 or 103.8 mph in their results. something tells me this is one of the issues that needs fixing.
    05-16-09 10:35 PM
    They said that they were fixing the rounding issue I think that's what causes the multitude
    Of 103.5 / .8 and the result variations. Then again maybe not?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 02:42 AM
    They said that they were fixing the rounding issue I think that's what causes the multitude
    Of 103.5 / .8 and the result variations. Then again maybe not?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rounding off to the nearest 103 mph mark.

I sure hope they update this soon. I am getting frustrated with it.

my dash mount seem to be less accurate than wedging the strom in the seat bottom of the passenger seat. last night, I had a run that showed 614 wheel HP. .....and on that run, it recorded a max speed of 130+ mph. I never even shifted out of 4th gear (about 110 mph.)
    05-17-09 10:51 AM
    I just don't think it's accurate I have at least a mid 13 sec car and its showing a 14.7 best... not right
    05-17-09 07:45 PM
    I just got back from the track and DynoStorm said that my best run was
    14.101 @ 100.41 mph.

The track timing had me at 13.97 @ 105.93 mph.
    This is with the car in my avatar.
    For a $13.00 app I think it did well. You can't expect perfection for under $20.00

I believe the error may be related to the "Rollout Distance"
    Mine was set to the default 12"
    I don't think there is such a thing at the track.
    The clock does not depend on the beam to start.
    And you have < 12" of "leeway for when you stage the first and second lights.
    Last edited by nulldog; 05-17-09 at 08:04 PM.
    05-17-09 08:00 PM
    If RIM was to use this app to gauge of fast they are a releasing updates then they would be a hybrid with 98 hp at the crank and a 1/4 time of 27 seconds.

The Mount needs to be extremely rigid and the road need to be pretty smooth to get a good result.
    Last edited by PadrePrince; 05-18-09 at 09:01 AM.
    05-18-09 08:59 AM
    I bought that walmart mount saturday and it sucks. Its very shaky and does not grip the phone too well.. it holds it in but not as firm as it should. I do not have custom suspension this is all stock on BMW and the mount shakes enough to were you have to focus to read text off of it. I tried using it for GPS and Dynostorm but it was a fail for me. oh well it was only 25 bux.
    05-18-09 10:44 AM
    Wow you are 38!!!! Do you talk as well as you write? The word there is used to describe a location. Allow me to use it correctly in a sentence for you. The man over there driving the Avalanche is lacking basic grammatical skills. The word their denotes possession and would have been the appropriate word in you pathetic attempt to construct a thought. Again, let me help you. Once people have downloaded DynoStorm on their phone they can post results where they please.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFLMFAO.......I CANT BREATHE!!!! YOUR KILLING ME!!!!LMAO
    05-18-09 07:59 PM
    The Grammar POlice are in full effect.

Last edited by TurboCam; 05-18-09 at 08:20 PM.
    05-18-09 08:18 PM
364 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD