sorry but i couldnt find this

but does anyone know why the plastic holder with the magnet that vzw sells puts my phone into the "vibrate" sound profile sometimes?

it doesn't always do it but just sometimes and thus, i miss calls

thanks
    01-18-09 07:49 PM
    You probably have it locked and then accidently push the mute button. That will put the phone on vibrate.
    01-18-09 07:53 PM
    check your "In holster" settings in your profiles, there are different options for in and out, by default they're all basically a vibrate profile.
    01-18-09 08:14 PM
    anyone else have any insight?

thanks
    01-19-09 10:52 AM
    I have the exact same problem! I see references to this issue on some forums BUT no solution. Verizon gave me new phone and holster BUT problem continues!! Hope somebody can HELP us!!!!!
    01-21-09 09:29 AM
    check your "In holster" settings in your profiles, there are different options for in and out, by default they're all basically a vibrate profile.
    did you guys try this or not?
    01-21-09 09:34 AM
    did you guys try this or not?
    Second this. I had the same problems but once I set the "Vibration: In\out of holster to off and "sound in holster" to on then the problem went away. FYI, these settings are in "Set Ringtones\Alerts" within the Sounds "app"....be sure to scroll down to find it.
    01-21-09 09:39 AM
    Second this. I had the same problems but once I set the "Vibration: In\out of holster to off and "sound in holster" to on then the problem went away. FYI, these settings are in "Set Ringtones\Alerts" within the Sounds "app"....be sure to scroll down to find it.

I will try your suggested settings. I had phone set to SOUND IN HOLSTER and VIBRATE to ON. Just changed to: SOUND IN HOLSTER and VIBRATE to OFF. I'll post results. Thank you.
    01-21-09 10:11 AM
    I will try your suggested settings. I had phone set to SOUND IN HOLSTER and VIBRATE to ON. Just changed to: SOUND IN HOLSTER and VIBRATE to OFF. I'll post results. Thank you.
    DIDN'T WORK even with your suggested settings! Phone continues to change sound profile to vibrate (by itself without touching anything) when in holster!
    01-21-09 12:30 PM
    Hm.. what OS version are you running?

And what is your vibrator doing at that particular time? Is it possible they quickly traded places?
    01-21-09 12:44 PM
    i may have figured it out

the holster is "cut" so that if you rush the storm in, it presses against the lock key

as a test try this:

when the phone is in the holster, hold the lock button. you'll hear it switch to vibrate. Hold it again and it will switch back
    01-21-09 12:50 PM
    Hm.. what OS version are you running?

And what is your vibrator doing at that particular time? Is it possible they quickly traded places?
    OS 4.7.075

After phone changes to vibrate, I get a single vibration.

01-21-09 12:51 PM
    Hmmm... that would seem strange indeed. Only one vibe.

I'm really at a loss here... been going through some menu options here but.... I don't experience this problem and use the same pouch you do I guess.... I know I did walkthru almost every option I could find in the phone and changed it to my liking when I got it. I backed up the option settings and restore them after an OS upgrade when the OS functions ok, so I am pretty sure that this must be a setting somewhere.

Sounds silly maybe, but did you go through all the different option menus on this phone to get it "just the way you like" it?

Its so strange it also happens on your replacement phone... otherwise I would have said your phone was prolly broken...

Sorry can't be much of help here....
    01-21-09 01:09 PM
    i dont think its software

follow my suggestion above

its the way the holster is cut (or the way the buttons are placed)
    01-21-09 01:29 PM
    I thought these holsters were designed to do exactly this????
    01-21-09 01:31 PM
    theyre designed to put it in SLEEP mode...not change your sound profile
    01-21-09 01:36 PM
    I posted a couple replies that explains the issue here.
    It has NOTHING to do with your phone being locked or sound profiles. Its a defect in the holster that affects the storms normal settings. Read that post and you will understand.
    01-21-09 01:37 PM
    I posted a couple replies that explains the issue here.
    It has NOTHING to do with your phone being locked or sound profiles. Its a defect in the holster that affects the storms normal settings. Read that post and you will understand.
    PROBLEM SOLVED: Stopped using the plastic holster! Glsec507 was right!! I got rid of the Verizon Plastic Holster and have NOT had the problem since!!!! Return your HOLSTER to the Verizon store today!!!!!!!
    01-28-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD