I can understand the frustration ppl are having with their storms but I have to say this is hands down the best phone I have ever had. Never before could I stay so updated with news stocks sports and friend while at the same time having a reliable media player. I gave up on my ipod almost a year ago and refused to buy another, matter of personal preference. Now I know many are disappointed with verzion and their delivery of a update but being a member of the crackberry nation has onli made my experience that much more enjoyable. Now my storm isn't perfect as I often can type faster than it response but I don't think the perfect phone truly exists just close attempts to perfection which is what my storm has managed to do this far. For those who have had a bad experience with their storms I am sorry and hope that soon you will be able to enjoy your storm as I have. And to those that feel the same as mr count yourselves as the lucky few or many depending on how many of us there are be glad that we have something to ease our day and satisfy our needs whatever they may be

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 11:22 PM
    Well put. I left my iphone 3g last november and haven't looked back since. The Storm isn't a perfect phone but its the closest thing to one.

05-16-09 11:56 PM
    You typed all tha on your storm? DAMN!

05-17-09 12:34 AM
    You typed all tha on your storm? DAMN!

My thoughts exactly. I'd get too worn out trying to type all that. estorm09 must really like their Storm.
    05-17-09 12:35 AM
    yeah i do, its my first bb and i had some free time on my break at work so i thought id put my thoughts out there, i mean i understand everyone's experience with the storm has been different and it is unfortunate that ppl are mostly complaining but what can you do...
    05-17-09 02:17 AM
    Well put. I left my iphone 3g last november and haven't looked back since. The Storm isn't a perfect phone but its the closest thing to one.

I'm also a member of what seems like the minority who love the Storm. I have a grand total of 2 apps on mine, and I refuse to download beta OS's, themes etc, as I believe that it is unrefined software additions that are causing a lot of people's grief around here. As the others have said- my Storm is not immune to the typing lag, the glitchy video camera and the other common .75 OS quirks, but all in all, when compared to other phones I've had, and when considering what I see as reasonable expectations- the Storm is a great device (in my opinion).

Just curious- other than the lack of push email, what did you dislike about your iPhone? I think it's about one of the slickest devices out there, but I've never owned one (around here, AT&T's service is a shade better than connecting 2 tin cans together with a piece of string).

TONY
    05-17-09 07:22 AM
    I refuse to download beta OS's,
    TONY
    y don't u get .122 Official Release from Bell, it is not a Beta, it's an Official Release just not from VZW. That's what I did and glad that I did, because I loved my storm on .75 just got a little frustrated with the camera, the typing lag and when the accelorometer would hang up. after putting Bell's .122 on my phone, it fixed all of those issues and I haven't looked back since.
    05-17-09 01:32 PM
    ^ for some reason i hadn't even thought of that.

currently i'm running .109 and am pretty much 99% happy with it.
    05-17-09 06:22 PM
    There is no other current BlackBerry device I would rather have a the moment. I own and operate my own company and with 141 hybrid I am running I am very happy. I have a curve now retired to my glove compartment. It is there just in case my storm meets an untimely end. I can type almost as fast as I ever did on my curve but it took some time to get used to. It handles my business and it kills my boredom better then any other device I have had. Would I ever give up my storm? Sure... Everyone needs a magnum in their life. The storm 2 (Oden-Odin?) might shape up to be a real crowd pleaser and I am anxiously awaiting any news on the new physical qwerty and touch screen hybrid phones that Research in Motion are working on. I am a big big fan of touchscreen technology. I am also aware of its many shortcomings. However... In conjunction with a physical interface I believe it would be unsurpassed. The touch screen is simply faster for certain applications. Other actions are better executed with a physical interface. None of these statements are groundbreaking but they reflect my personal opinions. If you are not a fan of the touchscreen technology or just dislike the storm... Don't worry. Rim has a rather impressive stable of phones slated for release over the next 13 months. Many of these do not have a hint of touchscreen. If you can not wait then you can purchase one of there battle proven existing models. There is a BlackBerry for most anyone. But if you are not most anyone you are free to try an I-Phone or a quaint and quirky Windows Mobile Device. I for one love my storm. I saw the potential that was in it and invested the time and effort into making it what I needed. I had a wonderful time molding my Storm into what it is today. I understand most people do not have the time or resources or know how to make this happen. Some people just wanted it to work right the first time. But for those of us that see unpolished gem that is the Storm for what it is and can be...great rewards and a fun journey await.

05-17-09 06:51 PM
    impressive entries, everyone!
    05-17-09 08:19 PM
    I'm also a member of what seems like the minority who love the Storm. I have a grand total of 2 apps on mine, and I refuse to download beta OS's, themes etc, as I believe that it is unrefined software additions that are causing a lot of people's grief around here.

TONY
    Storm owners who like their storm are not a minority rather we are the silent majority

As for a OS try 122, it is not officially released verizon, but Bell Canada and Telus has.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 05-17-09 at 08:31 PM.
    05-17-09 08:29 PM
    .122 is garbage...i'd say get .132, .141 or a hybrid. at first i was against hybrids but after trying one, idk how i made it this long without it.
    05-17-09 08:32 PM
    Storm owners who like their storm are not a minority rather we are the silent majority

As for a OS try 122, it is not officially released verizon, but Bell Canada and Telus has.
    I am using a .141 hybrid and loving it. Now I never used the phone with .75 on it, but I love the phone. I think it is hard to put down. I switched from an 8830 that I bought when they first came out and was a little nervous about the touch screen for typing but once you get used to it, it works great.
    05-17-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD