I just did a Battery Pull and was at 51.1 MB of memory....after 10 min of sitting Idle I'm at 49.4 MB. Not that this is a crisis or anything...but my phone is just sitting on my desk leaking memory...wtf

I have BBLight, BuzzMe as my only background apps....

Any Suggestions
    02-27-09 06:19 PM
    Welcome to the club. Mine will steadily drop off over time. I am only on day three of watching closely but I have found mine leveled off around 20mb... Keep an eye on it and let us know if it continues to fall or settles in?
    02-27-09 06:23 PM
    What OS are you running?
    02-27-09 06:33 PM
    Still waiting for the bit where you get to the memory leak. I'm just seeing obsessing over nothing so far.
    02-27-09 06:35 PM
    What OS are you running?
    Running 4.7.0.109, I notice leaks when I download *anything*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 06:38 PM
    Still waiting for the bit where you get to the memory leak. I'm just seeing obsessing over nothing so far.
    I agree with what your saying. But, I also noticed that some of the leaked OS's leak the app memory like a sieve. But agree that unless it dips below 2-3 mb. it has no affect on phone.
    02-27-09 06:48 PM
    FWIW, 10 hours of heavy use today took my free application memory from 31.6 MBytes down to 19.3. Battery pull brought me back up to 31.6.
    02-27-09 06:50 PM
    Just because you're not using your phone doesn't mean it's sitting there doing nothing. All that's happening is that Objects are being allocated in the heap and if they're no longer being used the space simply hasn't been freed yet. Nothing to see here, move along. And of course free memory goes down when you download something - where do you think it goes? Into memory... ultimately it gets written somewhere else, but that doesn't mean that memory is automatically and immediately freed.
    02-27-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD