I was just sending a text message to a friend when I noticed something odd about my keyboard in landscape mode (the QWERTY one). For some reason, some of the letters on the keyboard are slightly larger than the others. It looks like the I, O, A, S, D, J, and N letters are bigger than the others. They 'key' part is the same size, just the letter on the 'key' is bigger. Anyone else's keyboard look like this?

It's not even remotely a problem, just an odd observation I made.
    12-18-08 02:17 PM
    Yeah I noticed that a few days ago, E looks like the smallest. I really wished all the letters would change when you are typing lowercase they would be lowercase letters.
    12-18-08 02:20 PM
    ??? Mine are the same size. That's weird.
    12-18-08 02:21 PM
    I'm staring at my keyboard and I don't see any difference in letter-size on mine.

However, all of the letters you mention are letters that have "alternate" letters available (mainly accented versions of the letters, so that you can type "S�n�r" and words like that).

Touch the letter (but don't click) and hold your finger on the key...a list of the alternate letters pops up.

As to why yours is bigger than mine...I don't know but, it's a shortcoming I often have to deal with in my life.
    12-18-08 02:25 PM
    Sounds like a bug to me. All mine r the same. Have u tried a batt pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 02:26 PM
    I have also noticed this. It drives me absolutely nuts. Sometimes some of the letters will be bigger, sometimes they won't.
    12-23-08 07:41 PM
    Agreed. I've seen this bug too.

I've also noticed this once on the dialer screen, where certain numbers displayed in a larger font than the rest of the numbers.

Harmless, but a weird bug nonetheless.
    12-23-08 07:45 PM
    Agreed. I've seen this bug too.

I've also noticed this once on the dialer screen, where certain numbers displayed in a larger font than the rest of the numbers.

Harmless, but a weird bug nonetheless.
    I may be crazy, but I swear that the letters that are larger than the others change. Sometimes it will be the B, E, V, for example, and other times it will be I, O, U, etc.

I can't imagine what would cause it.
    12-23-08 07:47 PM
    I've not seen this, but could it be some predictive aid? What version software are you running?
    12-23-08 08:10 PM
    My letters do the same thing....only sometimes..and only in portrait. Glad to hear I'm not crazy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 08:17 PM
    Mine has done this as well. A battery pull solves it
    12-23-08 08:28 PM
    Mine is that way too! I wanted to post something about it last week but was afraid someonw would tell me I was stupid and should have searched it first
    12-23-08 08:31 PM
    I haven't seen this yet, but now I will be looking.
    12-23-08 08:45 PM
    Mine look the same, I'm on .75. Are you talking about a pixel difference?
    12-23-08 08:54 PM
    Pretty sure this is an optical illusion that has something to do with the color contrast (white letter on a black/gray two tone button). Different letters are differently shaped, so they contrast in different ways against the two tone background of the key. Your brain receives these different contrast cues and is tricked into interpreting that information as size.
    12-23-08 09:06 PM
    Pretty sure this is an optical illusion that has something to do with the color contrast (white letter on a black/gray two tone button). Different letters are differently shaped, so they contrast in different ways against the two tone background of the key. Your brain receives these different contrast cues and is tricked into interpreting that information as size.
    Have you actually seen this on your phone or are you just speculating? It definitely is not an optical illusion. The letters are clearly bigger.
    12-23-08 09:27 PM
    Have you actually seen this on your phone or are you just speculating? It definitely is not an optical illusion. The letters are clearly bigger.
    I have seen it too. Its not an optical illusion.
    I have .83, but I saw it with .75 and .65 as well.
    12-23-08 09:30 PM
    mine look the same .75
    12-23-08 09:36 PM
    mine tweeked out and when i turned to to sure type i only had one letter on each button and didnt have the second letter. a quick rotate fixed the problem.
    12-23-08 10:44 PM
    this happens to me all the time. since day 1.

i upgraded from 65 to 76. still happens. the font on the keyboard goes from like 8 to 10 point. it happens on all keys sometimes, sometimes just on a few keys. it happens mostly on suretype but sometimes in qwerty also.

This might be my biggest annoyance with this bug infested device.
    12-23-08 11:27 PM
    i get this, and its the craziest mind game!
    12-24-08 12:01 AM
    this happened to me with the .65 OS. when i switched to .75 it rarely ever happens. a quick fix though is to press the sym button, all the letters will return to the same size again.
    12-24-08 12:12 AM
    Wow...just checked mine...v b n m are definitely smaller. It's no way an optical illusion. Okay, now that will really bug me...lol
    12-24-08 12:19 AM
    Thanks...battery pulled worked. Now all the letters are the same size.for now.
    12-24-08 12:31 AM
    lol! happend to me too. only sometimes though.
    12-24-08 12:33 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD