everytime i upgrade or downgrade my os my trial restarts...... is that suppose to happen? cause mine ran out then i upgraded to .99 and it renewed then i went back to .90 and it renewed again. ive tried several times and it always happens... have i found a free loop? lol
    02-09-09 10:12 PM
    Its 13 bucks... If you guys want to see more apps for the Storm then freakin fork over some of your money. If you like the app then be honest and help a guy out. I realize that many of you are probably running illegal copies of windows on your machines but there are businesses buying Windows to help support MS. Many of the guys writing apps for the Storm are college students and out of work programmers. If you can try to help these people out.

Its people who take advantage of developers that force them to spend so much time treating their customers like thieves and write applications to be smarter and smarter to catch them. They were nice enough to no leave behind stuff on your phone so that they could ensure your payment. Do you really want to force people to spend their time thinking up ways to enforce payment or to enhance usability? Just take a look at how much time Apple has had to put into securing their OS to make it so that people can't jailbreak their phones. All of this work has been in vain too! Imagine how much farther along they'd be if they were to just keep enhancing the system rather than trying to lock others out.
    Last edited by bthoward; 02-09-09 at 11:17 PM.
    02-09-09 11:14 PM
    i wasnt suggesting this as a way for people to get around paying. i just noticed it and wondered if anyone else had had it happen. i was actually about to pay for the app right before this happened. again i was just wondering if anyone else has had this.... ?
    02-10-09 07:04 AM
    Its 13 bucks... If you guys want to see more apps for the Storm then freakin fork over some of your money. If you like the app then be honest and help a guy out. I realize that many of you are probably running illegal copies of windows on your machines but there are businesses buying Windows to help support MS. Many of the guys writing apps for the Storm are college students and out of work programmers. If you can try to help these people out.

Its people who take advantage of developers that force them to spend so much time treating their customers like thieves and write applications to be smarter and smarter to catch them. They were nice enough to no leave behind stuff on your phone so that they could ensure your payment. Do you really want to force people to spend their time thinking up ways to enforce payment or to enhance usability? Just take a look at how much time Apple has had to put into securing their OS to make it so that people can't jailbreak their phones. All of this work has been in vain too! Imagine how much farther along they'd be if they were to just keep enhancing the system rather than trying to lock others out.
    A little harsh but I do agree. Hopefully people that make really great apps and especially games for the storm get rich and other developers will see that there is a demand for that content on the storm. If it's all pirated then you'll see a lot less great stuff. That being said, give the guy a break. He was just asking a question and I really doubt he would keep changing his os just to save $13.
    02-10-09 08:37 AM
    Its 13 bucks...
    Exactly, $13 for mobile software. I wont be buying any mobile software at that price. Then again, I'm not stealing it either.
    02-10-09 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD